Loblaw

Old Mar 27th 2013, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

Mona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really nice
Default Re: Loblaw

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Hi Russ , good to see you're settling well . No need to moan about the weather this week , beautiful at minus 10 or whatever although we might need our wellies soon. My info comes from both the office and the shop , oh and the warehouse but that's neither here nor there .
Hope the guy who quit after 3 days wasn't a newbie Brit , that would be madness . How soon do you get out on the highways , and what sort of runs are you doing , pikes/singles ?
Get the next few weeks out of the way and we'll grab a beer sometime , if I'm not living in a boat by then LOL . Best of luck with the test , Rob will get you sorted .
Like comment about boat, was in store earlier an chatting to Canadian lady, an she said I'd need a boat found it hilarious! Oh just like UK looking out for the flooding! God we love to moan about the weather
Old Mar 27th 2013, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

dustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nice

Morning campers turning out to be a bright day again and no snow woohoo
Old Mar 27th 2013, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

northboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mona Lisa 69
Hi northboy, I wish this question was easy to respond to. Prices vary so much on location in such a small area. I can only give you advice from my own experience an people I know. On average seems room/studio around $600 a month. I think on average guys that are sharing say two bed house can range from $1900-$2300, this can include bills so only outlay, other cases you might need to add on top of that bills. Again someone else might be able to advise you different, as our bills all included so have no clue. An can only advise on area we live in. As far as I can gather highest tax bracket here is 32%.

Not sure if given you a good idea or not. So difficult as someone else might think something expensive where others don't. We have friends here with kids who think shopping expensive, but if you weigh things up ive worked out its on par with UK, but I cook from scratch an freeze things. They seem to bulk buy here too, so for someone living on there own initial layout can seem expensive.
thanks very much mona ,, be nice to see what other people are paying out there for the rented homes and weather it include gas and leccy etc ,is there water rates etc etc
Old Mar 28th 2013, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

russjp will become famous soon enoughrussjp will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by northboy
thanks very much mona ,, be nice to see what other people are paying out there for the rented homes and weather it include gas and leccy etc ,is there water rates etc etc
We are renting a 2 bed bungalow with a finished basement with additional bedroom and bathroom in it for $1900 per month, been told by power company that gas averages out at 63 bucks per month, water is metered and so is the electric but have no costings for this either yet. A basic cable tv package works out around $70 per month - hope this helps
Old Mar 28th 2013, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

Hi Russ , good to see you're settling well . No need to moan about the weather this week , beautiful at minus 10 or whatever although we might need our wellies soon. My info comes from both the office and the shop , oh and the warehouse but that's neither here nor there .
Hope the guy who quit after 3 days wasn't a newbie Brit , that would be madness . How soon do you get out on the highways , and what sort of runs are you doing , pikes/singles ?
Get the next few weeks out of the way and we'll grab a beer sometime , if I'm not living in a boat by then LOL . Best of luck with the test , Rob will get you sorted .
Yeah mate the guy who quit came over with us, did 3 days then decided to throw the towel in and is supposed to be flying home on friday but even the boss hasn`t heard anything from him ??

We`ve got our written tests tomorrow then supposed to be out driving next week with test the week after. Plan is to send us out with a mentor for a week then a week or two on singles before doing the pikes - a beer sounds like a good idea too just wish it was a bit cheaper lol
Old Mar 28th 2013, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

Mona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really nice

Originally Posted by russjp
Yeah mate the guy who quit came over with us, did 3 days then decided to throw the towel in and is supposed to be flying home on friday but even the boss hasn`t heard anything from him ??

We`ve got our written tests tomorrow then supposed to be out driving next week with test the week after. Plan is to send us out with a mentor for a week then a week or two on singles before doing the pikes - a beer sounds like a good idea too just wish it was a bit cheaper lol
Browns ok for reasonable price beer $4 a pint not bad, an food ok too. Sure flat the mat will know all the cheapo good places though

Had power cut ere this evening not sure how far it went but 3 an half hours without electricity reminded me if 70's, lucky enough I stock plenty of candles, as women do
Old Mar 28th 2013, 4:53 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mona Lisa 69
Browns ok for reasonable price beer $4 a pint not bad, an food ok too. Sure flat the mat will know all the cheapo good places though

Had power cut ere this evening not sure how far it went but 3 an half hours without electricity reminded me if 70's, lucky enough I stock plenty of candles, as women do
Oi , I do not entertain "cheapo" , maybe inexpensive but regarding good pubs you'll have to dig deep unless you fancy some live entertainment in the Jolly Roger , on second thoughts .
Bushwackers and O'Hanlons get my vote , but as I live in the sticks they are now in my distant past , again
Russ , if you have a choice avoid Pikes like the plague unless you want to tramp TC1 forever , at least with the singles you'll see some different scenery from time to time . What was the reasoning of the mong to fly all the way here only to bail out after 3 days training ? Rob is scruffy but not that scary
Old Mar 28th 2013, 8:46 am
To infinity and Beyond !!

tattoo99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Loblaw

Russ ..do we have the choice of singles or pikes
Prefer singles myself but hey ho
16 April here we come
Old Mar 29th 2013, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

No choice on the pikes/singles thing i dont think, plus from what ive been told the money is rubbish on singles as there is not enough distance on them. We have been told that we have been brought over to replace 3rd party carriers doing the Calgary & Edmonton runs and that is what the company expects us to do. Having said that, you wont be expected to pull pikes unless you`re 100% comfortable with it.

FTTM Rob is a good trainer with a wealth of experience so i reckon he`s definitely the type of person to `learn the ropes` with, he`s been there and got the t-shirt so to speak and as newbies in a place where everything is different thats just the type of guidance we need.
Old Mar 29th 2013, 7:10 pm
Just Joined

cocker is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Dustyhoward and all
Enjoyed reading the forum seems like Loblaws is the place to be for straight forward work.
What’s the reed on the age limited for the work permit visa for Regina for HGV truck drivers
I am 54 but would not be looking to stay forever maybe two to five years,
Am I too Old or would they be glad to get my experience.
Where I live in Ireland they expect you to live on fresh air with what they pay in wages.
Old Mar 30th 2013, 2:55 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

No choice on the pikes/singles thing i dont think, plus from what ive been told the money is rubbish on singles as there is not enough distance on them. We have been told that we have been brought over to replace 3rd party carriers doing the Calgary & Edmonton runs and that is what the company expects us to do. Having said that, you wont be expected to pull pikes unless you`re 100% comfortable with it.

FTTM Rob is a good trainer with a wealth of experience so i reckon he`s definitely the type of person to `learn the ropes` with, he`s been there and got the t-shirt so to speak and as newbies in a place where everything is different thats just the type of guidance we need.
Mr Davis (cough) is a great guy , sound as a pound without all the know it all crap , though why your training is drawn out seems baffling , must be due to numbers ?
Test passed in 3 1/2 days , 5 days team driving (mentoring LOL) to Prince Albert , Edmonton , Creston , Vancouver and back into Calgary to pick up my new truck on the 5th day , then let loose to party all over Canada . Thanks for the help guys . It was worth if though .
Enjoy your weekend .

Oh , and my first week out involved a very messy argument with an Elk , a steep learning curve .

Last edited by flat to the mat; Mar 30th 2013 at 3:01 am. Reason: memory
Old Mar 30th 2013, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

Chicken lights and chrome is on a distinguished road

Oh , and my first week out involved a very messy argument with an Elk , a steep learning curve .
What did you learn then? Not to hit Elk? Surely you knew that before you hit one? I know, don't call you surely
Old Mar 30th 2013, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chicken lights and chrome
What did you learn then? Not to hit Elk? Surely you knew that before you hit one? I know, don't call you surely
I learnt that the best Elk are the ones in the freezer , ready to be marinated in red wine then slowly barbequed , as opposed to the the big mothers that take the front of your truck off , but what do I know Shirley ?
Old Mar 31st 2013, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

northboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dustyhoward
Northboy the hours vary from 11-14 hours a shift depends where you go and with that the money varies too
From $185-450 a shift again depends where you go
Tax varies from 28%-32% depends how much you work
Basically how much you put in depends on how much you get out
so if you make say $6000 a month after tax at 28% the lower band leave you $4320, rent average $1300 a month rough figure ?? leaving you $3020 divide by 4= $755 (£496) a week bills and food off that ,, ,am sure some one will have a go at this and say you can make more , live to work by the sounds of it ,, but hey that's the way i look at things guys and i think you need to look at this side of things
Old Mar 31st 2013, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by northboy
so if you make say $6000 a month after tax at 28% the lower band leave you $4320, rent average $1300 a month rough figure ?? leaving you $3020 divide by 4= $755 (£496) a week bills and food off that ,, ,am sure some one will have a go at this and say you can make more , live to work by the sounds of it ,, but hey that's the way i look at things guys and i think you need to look at this side of things
More negativity, marvellous, thats just what we need !!! From what i understand, the average driver comes out with around $5k a month, if you cant live life to a reasonable standard on that sort of money then you are doing something seriously wrong. If you are looking to move to a country where you can work 35 hours a week and make 3 or 4 times your weekly UK earnings then you are :

a) Seriously disillusioned as this is not an achievable target in almost every country in the world where our so called trade is accepted as a reason for entry.

b) Wanting to move for all the wrong reasons, its about the change of lifestyle and new beginnings, a new adventure. If you`re coming here purely for financial gain then you are gonna be going home on the next plane.

It`s obviously not for you mate, moving to Canada will have its financial benefits in the long term but as already stated, the first 18-24 months will be about sacrificing some of your lifestyle and financially tough as you are starting all over again.

Can I suggest you try winning the lottery instead

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.