Loblaw

Old Mar 6th 2013, 2:08 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Loblaw

Truly, I don't want to close another thread in here, despite popular belief but if continues on the path its currently on I won't have any choice.

So lets cut out the personal remarks, it isn't helping anyone.

Thanks.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

northboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mona Lisa 69
Northboy I beg to differ with regards to jimmy been help to us, just sometimes he prob just gets bit fed up of the questions, but he's a good guy an experienced think will all work out for you guys once ya get here take it all one day at a time. Think few people getting frustrated as wonna get out here an experience thing, just have to take the rough with the smooth
i fully under stand mona . jimmy one is sorry if the questions seam to be getting repeated time and time again ,but maybe a lesson to meself
to read all the tread from the start iv only ever ask one question , unlucky for me to av asked a question that,s already been answered ,
Old Mar 6th 2013, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dustyhoward
Northboy as mona says jimmys cool ignore others working for loblaws for 7 months now and they are a good company to work for and been chatting to drivers of other canadian companies and they say loblaws pays better than most
cheers for that i just think the more info you can get the better it is making your choice ,, after all its the biggest one you will ever make
Old Mar 6th 2013, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jamesmc
This is one o the reasons why folk do not want to help anymore!!
you have a computer use it ...Loblaws Regina telephone number is available
phone them up...e mail them...do something for your self.

how the hell do you think the ones that arrived before managed ?
we came over and looked for work,and took a chance.
now people want there hand held all the way and tucked in at night! you are going to drive a truck ,its the same shit just different depth.,,what ya gonna do when its -40 below and you have a problem and.blowing a blizzard
To Dusty & the others at Loblaws i hope you manage to sort this bunch of screwdrivers out before they blow it for all the other drivers ,,its beginning to sound like a typical western bolshy bunch are coming your way.
sorry about the rant folks but a lot off us on here did it the hard way and dont mind helping but we would hate to see employers give up on uk drivers because of a few mouthpieces.
need to have a coffee now.
and as my other post ...no point emailing /posting bad thoughts to me (as it has happened) as i really dont give a ...k.
im living the good life! jimmy.
jimmey i cant remember been a mouth piece just asked a question , thats all ,, as you are aware of some trucking company are never 100%honest are they ,, just it better to heard it from the horses month , then take it from there, , the question was not meant to pppp you off , just looking for the truth jimmey
Old Mar 7th 2013, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

dustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nice

I started this thread with the intention for people to give good advice for coming to Canada and for those british lads who were and still are coming over to work for loblaws and I am aware that not living in a cave unlike some people that coming to Canada is not all roses and light you have to work at it and it will benefit you don't expect it to fall in your lap and of course everyone who is here already wants to help with their ten pence worth of information which in a lot of cases does help people but certain people come on here and other threads I'm sure come on make sarcastic comments waiting for a response get a response and don't like the response and have to get on their billy big rig status and get all excited for no reason.
So with that in mind could all the campers on this thread please try and chill help people because there are people who have messaged me saying they want to know about loblaw and the job but won't do it publicly because of all the name calling and whining they do on here.
Now as for working for loblaw myself I can say for the past 7 months I have enjoyed the job and I am continuing to do so driving pykes is a challenge I enjoy very much the money is good for the hours I do and I do know you can earn a lot more out there but I've looked at it and that doesn't suit me at all I can't be doing with all this running around chasing the almighty dollar earning a bucket load but have no life to enjoy it and let's face it this country has so much to offer in leisure activities but how can you do that when you are running around like a lunatic chasing dollars signs and truck status
For me loblaw is ideal
I earn between 4000-5000 a month but you can earn a lot more than that at loblaw driving but I am very happy with what I do
I work between 5-6 days a week
Old Mar 7th 2013, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

dustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nice

So if there are any newbies interested who come on here wanting to know about getting to Canada via loblaw please ask publicly and mr yak or myself will update you with any information required
Old Mar 7th 2013, 11:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dustyhoward
I started this thread with the intention for people to give good advice for coming to Canada and for those british lads who were and still are coming over to work for loblaws and I am aware that not living in a cave unlike some people that coming to Canada is not all roses and light you have to work at it and it will benefit you don't expect it to fall in your lap and of course everyone who is here already wants to help with their ten pence worth of information which in a lot of cases does help people but certain people come on here and other threads I'm sure come on make sarcastic comments waiting for a response get a response and don't like the response and have to get on their billy big rig status and get all excited for no reason.
So with that in mind could all the campers on this thread please try and chill help people because there are people who have messaged me saying they want to know about loblaw and the job but won't do it publicly because of all the name calling and whining they do on here.
Now as for working for loblaw myself I can say for the past 7 months I have enjoyed the job and I am continuing to do so driving pykes is a challenge I enjoy very much the money is good for the hours I do and I do know you can earn a lot more out there but I've looked at it and that doesn't suit me at all I can't be doing with all this running around chasing the almighty dollar earning a bucket load but have no life to enjoy it and let's face it this country has so much to offer in leisure activities but how can you do that when you are running around like a lunatic chasing dollars signs and truck status
For me loblaw is ideal
I earn between 4000-5000 a month but you can earn a lot more than that at loblaw driving but I am very happy with what I do
I work between 5-6 days a week
Quite agree , the reason most of us came here is for the quality over quantity argument . I myself work a 4 on 4 off shift pattern which seems to fit most of the time ,although this week my shift starts tomorrow , oh well .
You still haven't answered the question regarding nomination from the Saskatchewan Government , as one of the first guys to get over here running short haul via the PNP system it may be advisable to get your paperwork sorted before encouraging others . Hopefully the company will honour their promise and that of the government but how many guys at Loblaws have obtained PR status ? Without it you'll be on the next plane back once your permit expires .
At the present time you are considered a guest of the country , one screw up and you'll be toast so don't hang about .
Old Mar 8th 2013, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

Well loblaw get what they want we have a driver who has had repeated work permits for 7 years
Old Mar 8th 2013, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

Well my nomination is based on long haul which I do
Old Mar 8th 2013, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

russjp will become famous soon enoughrussjp will become famous soon enough

My friend who already works for Loblaws has had his paperwork for nomination submitted by the company as soon as his six month service came up, they are more than aware of the fact that people can bog off elsewhere once they have gained residency but DO appear to be keeping their word, hats off to them i say. When i was interviewed, the person conducting the interview even said he expected some people to leave once they were residents hence the continuing recruitment process.
Old Mar 8th 2013, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

meritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nice

Originally Posted by russjp
My friend who already works for Loblaws has had his paperwork for nomination submitted by the company as soon as his six month service came up, they are more than aware of the fact that people can bog off elsewhere once they have gained residency but DO appear to be keeping their word, hats off to them i say. When i was interviewed, the person conducting the interview even said he expected some people to leave once they were residents hence the continuing recruitment process.
Has it ever crossed any one's mind that these company's that have LMO's and bring driver's to Canada will expect driver's to move on when they get PR and a feel of the country,I would imagine that setting up to have LMO status is not an easy thing to do and will need some capitol to impliment,Just think if all driver's brought in by these company's stayed with the company that would be the end of it,It's Canada that need's driver's,So these company's maybe doing a service to Canada bringing driver's in and then other company's who dont have time/knowledge/resorce's etc to do the LMO thing can get driver's to work for them.
Old Mar 10th 2013, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

Chicken lights and chrome is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by meritor
Has it ever crossed any one's mind that these company's that have LMO's and bring driver's to Canada will expect driver's to move on when they get PR and a feel of the country,I would imagine that setting up to have LMO status is not an easy thing to do and will need some capitol to impliment,Just think if all driver's brought in by these company's stayed with the company that would be the end of it,It's Canada that need's driver's,So these company's maybe doing a service to Canada bringing driver's in and then other company's who dont have time/knowledge/resorce's etc to do the LMO thing can get driver's to work for them.
In 9 out of 10 cases that's exactly how it works, companies bring over recruits under LMO or PNP, the jobs themself are not the best, hence the reason they need to import drivers, so they drivers get a bit of experience under their belt, get their PR and move to a better job.

In most cases it's the opposite to Loblaw though, most make the switch from long haul to short haul/regional when they gain PR, so Loblaw may not suffer so much from people jumping ship.

Finally some sensible comments from crustycoward, it only took 40 odd pages, but we got there in the end, sort of anyway. All we really need to know now is what it is that he has to do for his money and is he running days/nights or a mixture of both, is it a Mon-Fri gig or staggered shifts, that kind of thing
Old Mar 10th 2013, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

and this is all we want to know hours shifts and the truth

Finally some sensible comments from crustycoward, it only took 40 odd pages, but we got there in the end, sort of anyway. All we really need to know now is what it is that he has to do for his money and is he running days/nights or a mixture of both, is it a Mon-Fri gig or staggered shifts, that kind of thing
Old Mar 10th 2013, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

I see some people still haven't calmed down never mind children one day when you grow up and chill out you will find out
Old Mar 10th 2013, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

Chicken lights and chrome is on a distinguished road

So then crusty, read back through this whole thread and you can clearly see that there are indeed some silly comments made on here, quite ironic really that you're the one bringing it up

So from what I gather you work on the turnpike doubles, doing a 5/6 day week and you earn between $4-5,000 for this, that's a lot of leeway there, 5 days a week for $5,000 a month is very good, but on the other hand $4,000 a month for 6 day weeks is not so great, so maybe you would like to expand on that a bit

One other thing that you fail to mention is the night shift working, in a worst case scenario the job at Loblaws could be a 6 night a week job for $4,000 a month, then the leisure facilities that you mention would be very difficult to enjoy, not only are you sleeping all day, but $4,000 ain't going to buy a lot of leisure activities

On the other hand a Mon-Fri day shift with a 5 day starting at 6am and $5,000 in the bank would be a different story

So what's the real story at Loblaws

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.