Loblaw

Old Dec 3rd 2012, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

Mona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really nice
Default Re: Loblaw

Originally Posted by mickfly
That's the biggest PITA on these forums, so many people ask for info, but it's not posted on the open forum...why? Isn't everyone here to help everyone?
-------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if offended, but sometimes people like to ask personal questions too which they do not want to put on forum. I was only saying
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 4:38 pm
To infinity and Beyond !!

tattoo99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mickfly
That's the biggest PITA on these forums, so many people ask for info, but it's not posted on the open forum...why? Isn't everyone here to help everyone?
I suppose everyone is entitled to there own opinion and for what i have read and heard there is a lot of playground squabbles when posting in an open forum ....I however would Happily take Opinion's/experiances ..either in open format or pm
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by Mona Lisa 69
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Tattoo99 - this is the question we all ask on here should I stay, should I go! This is something that everyone will tell you that only you can answer. I think if you are doubting it then the answer is probably no. Very difficult to answer this question as everyone has a different expectation and different circumstances. I will say though that there are a lot worse companies out there to work for than Loblaw and is a good route into Canada, albeit some people cannot stand Regina, I guess it's not for everyone, but we are happy here

For us (my hubby works at Loblaw) it was a yes all the way, well for him anyway, i've just gone with the flow in the end and had not major expectations. The weather has not surprised me one bit as really did expect the weather conditions we are getting, just never experienced them before. I guess on a brighter note the summer was good this year too, so maybe I have that to look forward to next year

Just think about it seriously though as the Loblaw job is not as easy as people make out and you will find yourself moaning about the job the same as everyone else. No job is perfect, so to speak, all jobs have their problems and by personal experience being British, we love to moan. One thing I will say, is seriously think about the weather conditions, Sask (Regina), does have seriously bad weather conditions, changing from hour to hour from fog, freezing rain (strange experience of -12 degrees and raining!), snow, ice etc etc. An these will be nothing like you would of experienced in the UK. Really boils down to what you are looking for in a job. The roads are not as great as what you think either and they are an go on for miles with not a sole in sight - not necessarily a problem. For my hubby most of the time this is fine as not stuck on M25 car park or London traffic, so he kinda enjoys it.

With regards to Regina, this is a fairly small place and a lot of people I reckon would out grow it fairly quick, but suits us down to the ground. There is enough here for us and we were both sick of the London lifestyle (although we lived in Essex), hussle and bustle of that rush rush rush attitude we seem to have in the UK.

With regards to the job at Loblaw and shifts etc, i'm sure one of the guys will personal message you once you have posted three time on here to give you a heads up on what this entails.

All in all in my experience Canada is not as cheap as you think, although wages compensate I guess in some respects (well for us they do). Regina is small but bigger than I expected. The weather conditions (so far) have not been as bad as I imagined, but then I'm not driving in them and I'm fairly local to most of the shops I need. I think here is a lifestyle that you are moving to not just a job.

I'm not sure any of the above will help, but is an opinion
Going to take the Plunge anyway ....Got to get away from the all day rush hour that is now on the M6 ...lol
Old Dec 4th 2012, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

Mona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really nice

Originally Posted by tattoo99
Going to take the Plunge anyway ....Got to get away from the all day rush hour that is now on the M6 ...lol
Go for it!
Old Dec 4th 2012, 1:04 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats tattoo99 , but don't come here just as a way of escaping the crap that is now Britain . If the plunge is taken it's because you want to live in the free world , well worth doing but not a decision made lightly .
Old Dec 4th 2012, 2:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Congrats tattoo99 , but don't come here just as a way of escaping the crap that is now Britain . If the plunge is taken it's because you want to live in the free world , well worth doing but not a decision made lightly .
------------------------------

Maybe Mark Carney might sort England out lol
Old Dec 4th 2012, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

russjp will become famous soon enoughrussjp will become famous soon enough

Congrats tattoo99. we are in the same position as you having just sent off for my work permit yesterday after being offered a position a couple of weeks ago. I already know someone who works for Loblaws so i`m at a slight advantage when it comes to inside info but you should get help on here, they`re a good bunch ( allegedly ).

I think with regard to settling in Regina, it greatly depends on the place you are moving FROM to go there. I would imagine moving there from a large, bustling city would be a bit of a culture shock for anyone. We only live in a small town currently but as we have moved around quite a bit during our lives, we just see it as a new start and the next part of the jigsaw called life. Everyone in our house is really excited at the prospect of moving out there but nobody can make the decision for you, all I would say is if you are having doubts now, then you should think very hard about what you and whoever may be travelling with you REALLY want.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by russjp
Congrats tattoo99. we are in the same position as you having just sent off for my work permit yesterday after being offered a position a couple of weeks ago. I already know someone who works for Loblaws so i`m at a slight advantage when it comes to inside info but you should get help on here, they`re a good bunch ( allegedly ).

I think with regard to settling in Regina, it greatly depends on the place you are moving FROM to go there. I would imagine moving there from a large, bustling city would be a bit of a culture shock for anyone. We only live in a small town currently but as we have moved around quite a bit during our lives, we just see it as a new start and the next part of the jigsaw called life. Everyone in our house is really excited at the prospect of moving out there but nobody can make the decision for you, all I would say is if you are having doubts now, then you should think very hard about what you and whoever may be travelling with you REALLY want.

Least you guys will be joining when moving into the warmer weather - or so they say!!!!! Keep us all updated, i'm sure u will :-)
Old Dec 4th 2012, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Nah , we've got another 5 months of this crap still to come , can only hope the temps drop soon so no more freezing rain rubbish . Happy days eh ?
Old Dec 4th 2012, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Nah , we've got another 5 months of this crap still to come , can only hope the temps drop soon so no more freezing rain rubbish . Happy days eh ?
The freezing rain not funny not from my side and i I dont even drive!
Old Dec 4th 2012, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by russjp

Not really Doubts ..Just mixed feelings Been wanting this lifestyle change for a long time and now the kids Grown up and moved ..Think this is an Oppertunity not to be missed ..Hey if it all goes wrong it's only a flight away ..Fingers crossed it will be fine
Old Dec 8th 2012, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

Nikkinoo75 is an unknown quantity at this point

HI, Just thought I'd pop in and say that my Hubby has just been offered a job with Loblaw.

We have been down this road with a couple of other companies before and things have not worked out, so I'm a bit skeptical - Hubby has no doubts though - he just needs to convince me!

Life in the UK is getting worse for us, we have three children and we both struggle with secure employment, which makes finances very difficult.

Hubby is convinced that life will be better for us and our children's futures. He has no family to leave behind though, whereas I have, and also worry how this will effect our children. Our eldest is due to start his GCSEs next September and I'm worried about damaging his education.

Sorry to ramble on. Anyway, I've read the last 10 pages of this thread and it all looks pretty positive, (apart from the cold ).

Would be good to chat to others going through the process or those who've already made the move - especially those with children. Our children are 13, 7 and 18 months.

Nikki
Old Dec 9th 2012, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

alandoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Nikki,
The only warning I would voice is that Regina is in the Prairies. It's flat & featureless. Yes, cold too.
In the summer it's hot with plenty of bugs, which usually bite.

Would finance stretch to a Recife trip? Might save a lot in the long run?
Old Dec 9th 2012, 1:09 am
Just Joined

Nikkinoo75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alandoug
Nikki,
The only warning I would voice is that Regina is in the Prairies. It's flat & featureless. Yes, cold too.
In the summer it's hot with plenty of bugs, which usually bite.

Would finance stretch to a Recife trip? Might save a lot in the long run?
Thanks - I'm afraid finances would not stretch to a trip over there - we already did that back in 2006, but to Calgary - spent far too much

We had been hoping to move to Calgary area but that's not possible at the moment, although my Husband expressed this in his interview and was told that the company could help with relocating at a later date as they have work in Alberta too - but restrictions on emigration and work permits apparently.
Old Dec 9th 2012, 4:12 am
BE Enthusiast

It's not flat and featureless , we live in a valley that stretches across the whole Province ,and the bugs this year didn't appear
Question for any Loblaw wifes and partners ( Mona Lisa ) , do they have anyone helping new families to relocate ? Just a thought because as a few of you can't work for six months would the company like you to help out with this , finding rentals etc , someone to answer concerns and questions about things which people living here take for granted but to newbie is a big deal , you know what I mean .
It could be done on a voluntary basis , please clear it with CIC , but could be a good way of keeping busy until the work permit comes and , who knows Loblaws might appreciate the gesture when your six months are up .
Just an idea ??????????????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.