Loblaw

Old Nov 14th 2012, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

dustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nice
Default Re: Loblaw

Originally Posted by russjp
Well i think its time to put my tin hat and flak jacket on and post that i have an interview with Loblaws on 15th Nov in Leeds. I am in the fortunate position of knowing someone who already works there so no rose tinted spectacles here for you to slag off i`m afraid lol.
Hello mate who do you know who works at loblaws
Old Nov 14th 2012, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

russjp will become famous soon enoughrussjp will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by dustyhoward
Hello mate who do you know who works at loblaws
I`m a friend of <snip>, we worked together at Aldi in Darlington

Last edited by Sue; Nov 15th 2012 at 1:33 am. Reason: Best not to post someone's full name on a public forum. Instead share via PM
Old Nov 15th 2012, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

I`m a friend of <snip>, we worked together at Aldi in Darlington
Thanks Sue, just came back to do that - half asleep
Old Nov 15th 2012, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

My wife is correct I only work 10 hours a night
What are you doing during the 10hour shift?

Drive the pikes from Regina to the Peg, tip both trailers and turn around and drive straight back again?
Sounds like a handy enough job plus are you earning the quoted $1400/1600gross week for 5on/2off?

Are you expected to work the majority over the weekends or does it even itself out?
Old Nov 15th 2012, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Mona Lisa 69
-------------------------------------------------

Thanks for advice, I'm not totally isolated where we live supermarket a five min walk, so not so bad an can get by without license at the moment but something to consider.

Hubby's hours not too bad all considering but sure with winter settling in already. Sure we'll cope :-)
I'm not an expert but a five minute walk with your groceries might be a tad TIGHT in minus30!!!!!
Old Nov 15th 2012, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

You wouldnt be playing a bit of devils advocate here BT?
Realistically, you know yourself, it wont be -30 every single day. And youd be a fool not to get the correct winter clothes to deal with it in the first place. I dont think its something anyone should be getting pernickety about - after all, not everyone in Canada owns a vehicle, and it gets pretty nippy in a lot of cities.
Just my thoughts.
Old Nov 15th 2012, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Mona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Big Truck
I'm not an expert but a five minute walk with your groceries might be a tad TIGHT in minus30!!!!!
--------------------------------------

Understand what your saying but won't constantly be -30, an I think you prepare yourself if anyway. Just my opinion I guess if you ask me once winter season over might have whole different opinion who knows, least I'll be able to say I tried
Old Nov 15th 2012, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

dustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nice

It's more than 1600 a week gross and there's no tipping I do work weekends but it evens out
Old Nov 15th 2012, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

What has made me smile about creating this loblaw thread is that so many people are interested which is great and hopefully helps the drivers who are having interviews which is why I created the thread and after being here for 4 months now my Canadian dream has gone so well and the job has been really good and continues to do so and people on here who moan about loblaws make me smile too because they have not got a clue what goes on at work
But it's their choice to moan
All I will say is this if you have an interview for loblaws who you get interviewed by they are really nice people and the job is really worth taking
Old Nov 17th 2012, 12:28 am
Forum Regular

Chicken lights and chrome is on a distinguished road

I don't remember seeing anyone moaning about Loblaws. It was mentioned that there were different pay structures being posted on different forums and a note of caution was attached to some posts because of that ambiguity (get your wife to explain what it means)

There have been quite a few cases where jobs in Canada have not delivered what they promised, so some advice was given in respect of that. It was taken completely out of context and dustyhoward, bless ya, you really got the wrong end of that stick didn't you, never mind it seems that it was all scaremongering anyway, which is a good thing.

I see you guys out on the road, so dusty, how are you liking it? The driving can be very boring in the Prairies, especially when you first arrive from crowded British roads, I know it took me a couple of years to stop hating it because it was so dull. I like it now, especially at night as it means even less people getting in your way, I came from Winnipeg through Regina yesterday evening and never passed or got passed by a single vehicle the whole way, just the way I like it, although the roads have been a bit slippery the last week or so.

So how are you finding it? What shifts do you work? How many round trips do you do each week? What systems are in place for when they shut the Trans Canada down because of weather?
Old Nov 17th 2012, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

What has made me smile about creating this loblaw thread is that so many people are interested which is great and hopefully helps the drivers who are having interviews which is why I created the thread and after being here for 4 months now my Canadian dream has gone so well and the job has been really good and continues to do so and people on here who moan about loblaws make me smile too because they have not got a clue what goes on at work
But it's their choice to moan
All I will say is this if you have an interview for loblaws who you get interviewed by they are really nice people and the job is really worth taking
Sent u a pm Dusty - Had my interview on Thursday with <<snip>> and it appeared to go well but no-one is getting a decision till Sunday so the wait is killing me You are right though, they seemed like very nice people and helped to make my wife and I at ease with everything. I`d just like to add for the doubters that at no point did they try to fill my head full of magic about the job and were totally straight about anything we needed to know.

Last edited by Sue; Nov 17th 2012 at 11:07 am. Reason: Please don't post the names of employees of said company here. Privacy and all that ;)
Old Nov 17th 2012, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

It's more than 1600 a week gross and there's no tipping I do work weekends but it evens out
Ok seems like its a great job and your more than happy which is good.

Over $1600gross/week and not having to drive long haul must make it one of the best paid "local" trucking jobs going in Canada does it not?
(Apart from the oilpatch trucking jobs)

I then can't get my head around why Loblaws have to travel 3000miles+ to look for drivers to fill the seats, are there simply not enough "bodies" in Regina to drive trucks?!!!!!
Old Nov 17th 2012, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Big Truck
Ok seems like its a great job and your more than happy which is good.

Over $1600gross/week and not having to drive long haul must make it one of the best paid "local" trucking jobs going in Canada does it not?
(Apart from the oilpatch trucking jobs)

I then can't get my head around why Loblaws have to travel 3000miles+ to look for drivers to fill the seats, are there simply not enough "bodies" in Regina to drive trucks?!!!!!
Hi BT, from what i was told in my interview, it is just that. They used the comparison of population to highlight the difficulty, 200,000 people in regina to recruit from or come to the uk which is not that different in size to their own province and have a catchment population of approximately 56 million.
Old Nov 17th 2012, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

heydon1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi BT, from what i was told in my interview, it is just that. They used the comparison of population to highlight the difficulty, 200,000 people in regina to recruit from or come to the uk which is not that different in size to their own province and have a catchment population of approximately 56 million.
It also comes down to people not wanting to drive trucks lots of people i have met prefer to work inside as trying to keep a big juggernaut on the road in winter conditions isn't for everyone and then you have so many companys fighting to get the drivers since i have been here have seen 12 drivers come and go because there isnt enough hrs being paid and another company is paying a couple of bucks more
Old Nov 17th 2012, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

It is mainly because as you say people don't want to drive trucks in winter and the company will do what it can to fill the positions
And Britain is not a good place to be for drivers so why not start there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.