Loblaw

Old Nov 6th 2012, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

Mona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really nice
Default Re: Loblaw

Originally Posted by WAKKA
Still cant help but get a little excited and it is only an interview
--------------------------------

Understand where your coming from as my hubby felt same way an was more or less out there within three months being interviewed, so if u believe it can happen. Think you have to go with open mind though an take each day as it comes. Also think my hubby wanted to move so much he would made anything work
Old Nov 6th 2012, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

Mona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really nice

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Mona Lisa you're bang on with the quality v quantity attitude , why move all the way out here and have a lifestyle that's no better ?
There is so much work in SK that once hubby is free from his obligations he can pick and choose whatever suits him ,be it Loblaws or whoever . A good situation to be in Did you manage to get your TWP at arrival ?
---------------------------------------

Agree has to be lifestyle!

Hubby happy with his job at the mo so reckon unless something goes seriously wrong he'll do his time as such with Loblaws.

Never tried for TWP at port of entry thought might as well take some time off to chill out an look at applying when get there an see how it goes. Means I can do some baking an cooking at build up to Christmas lol the quiet life no more hour an half journey in morning an evening back an forth to London going to be pure bliss!
Old Nov 7th 2012, 4:20 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

He might as well stay there now , remember to apply for nomination as soon as he has worked there for six months , do not wait for Loblaws to do it for you , it's not in their favour to have hubby on parole .
Old Nov 11th 2012, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

Well I've finally landed got my visa to stay here as long as hubby. Need to now look into getting work visa next. Arrived to -12 which not too bad but dropping to -22 tomorrow brrrrr with fair amount of snow, which had been expected. Least I have someone to put my cold feet on when hopefully he comes home in next few hours
Old Nov 11th 2012, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

russjp will become famous soon enoughrussjp will become famous soon enough

Well i think its time to put my tin hat and flak jacket on and post that i have an interview with Loblaws on 15th Nov in Leeds. I am in the fortunate position of knowing someone who already works there so no rose tinted spectacles here for you to slag off i`m afraid lol.
Old Nov 11th 2012, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by russjp
Well i think its time to put my tin hat and flak jacket on and post that i have an interview with Loblaws on 15th Nov in Leeds. I am in the fortunate position of knowing someone who already works there so no rose tinted spectacles here for you to slag off i`m afraid lol.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wish you well russjp at your interview on 15 November

I'm not sure people were slagging off about rose tinted glasses I just think they were trying to give some advice and it is each individuals choice if they take that advice or not

Always good to have people's opinions though, well it was for me, at the end of the day we knew what we were working towards, just a case of having to make it work and we did in the end. I'm am sure still a hard slog ahead though as winter seems to have arrived in Regina. I guess you take everyday as a challenge
Old Nov 11th 2012, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the good luck, been looking at the snow today as I was talking to my friend there on Skype Looking forward to the challenge and its an opportunity to change mine and my familys lives. We are renting out our house here so if it doesnt work out we can always return but hopefully that wont happen. Any tips on places to avoid for renting property would be appreciated as we are just checking out rentals at the moment. As I said I am fortunate enough to have a friend who is already there working for Loblaws so i`m getting some great info and advice from him but any extra pointers would be more than welcome - cheers
Old Nov 12th 2012, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by russjp
Thanks for the good luck, been looking at the snow today as I was talking to my friend there on Skype Looking forward to the challenge and its an opportunity to change mine and my familys lives. We are renting out our house here so if it doesnt work out we can always return but hopefully that wont happen. Any tips on places to avoid for renting property would be appreciated as we are just checking out rentals at the moment. As I said I am fortunate enough to have a friend who is already there working for Loblaws so i`m getting some great info and advice from him but any extra pointers would be more than welcome - cheers
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes the snow has arrive and experienced -22 today although I must admit found the -12 with wind chill factor of -28 a lot harder than -22. I think it is something you put up with rather than get used to

With regards to places to live, my hubby sorted all that out we live in the Lakeridge area which is largest housing estate but we live on outskirts of this, more for my benefit due to me not driving so means I can pop to supermarket and even a few local pubs/bars so suits us down to the ground.

I guess for yourself if you have a family I'm probably not best person to answer your questions as not sure about schools etc, but sure someone else will be able to help you out with that and be better placed to advise you.

Lucky enough for us all bills included so means one off payment and the rest of wages that left over is ours I think this again is common in a lot of places you rent, but unfortunately does not give you an idea of what monthly outgoings are with regards to rent, electric, water etc.

I hope someone else might be able to give you more of an idea with regards to your questions and as you say you know someone out here so that always helps. Although we knew no one and my hubby managed to get by with help from people both English and Canadian working a Loblaw. One thing will say people come across as more helpful here and willing to give a helping hand if they can which is nice.

Good luck in your adventure and keep us informed
Old Nov 13th 2012, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Record snowfall in one storm since 1941 ,welcome to Canada .
Best piece of advice for you would be to keep hubbys gob muted ,he's not doing him or yourself any favors .
Old Nov 13th 2012, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mona Lisa 69
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes the snow has arrive and experienced -22 today although I must admit found the -12 with wind chill factor of -28 a lot harder than -22. I think it is something you put up with rather than get used to

With regards to places to live, my hubby sorted all that out we live in the Lakeridge area which is largest housing estate but we live on outskirts of this, more for my benefit due to me not driving so means I can pop to supermarket and even a few local pubs/bars so suits us down to the ground.

I guess for yourself if you have a family I'm probably not best person to answer your questions as not sure about schools etc, but sure someone else will be able to help you out with that and be better placed to advise you.

Lucky enough for us all bills included so means one off payment and the rest of wages that left over is ours I think this again is common in a lot of places you rent, but unfortunately does not give you an idea of what monthly outgoings are with regards to rent, electric, water etc.

I hope someone else might be able to give you more of an idea with regards to your questions and as you say you know someone out here so that always helps. Although we knew no one and my hubby managed to get by with help from people both English and Canadian working a Loblaw. One thing will say people come across as more helpful here and willing to give a helping hand if they can which is nice.

Good luck in your adventure and keep us informed
Thanks for the info, my wife has listed some areas to live after spending hours trawling the internet lol and Lakeridge is at the top of the list !!

Will keep you posted as to our progress !
Old Nov 13th 2012, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Record snowfall in one storm since 1941 ,welcome to Canada .
Best piece of advice for you would be to keep hubbys gob muted ,he's not doing him or yourself any favors .
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes snow has really fallen!!!!

I'm not sure what hubby has said and I'm sure he's not intentionally tried to upset anyone! I've made my buddies so don't think he needs to do me any favours. I guess he has a right to his opinion, but I guess he's said the wrong thing at the wrong time and maybe in the wrong way
Old Nov 13th 2012, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Mona Lisa 69
--------------------------------------------------------------------more for my benefit due to me not driving so means I can pop to supermarket and even a few local pubs/bars so suits us down to the ground.

This is just my opinion but BEFORE you imigrated all the way to Canada and knowing how bad the Winters can get there especially in the Pairie provinces you maybe should have learned how to drive!!!!!!!

Your husband I guess will be working long hard NIGHTSHIFT hours (mostly) at Loblaws and when he gets home he'll need to rest, NOT run around driving about sorting the "honey do's" for the house!!!!!
Old Nov 14th 2012, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Big Truck
This is just my opinion but BEFORE you imigrated all the way to Canada and knowing how bad the Winters can get there especially in the Pairie provinces you maybe should have learned how to drive!!!!!!!

Your husband I guess will be working long hard NIGHTSHIFT hours (mostly) at Loblaws and when he gets home he'll need to rest, NOT run around driving about sorting the "honey do's" for the house!!!!!
-------------------------------------------------

Thanks for advice, I'm not totally isolated where we live supermarket a five min walk, so not so bad an can get by without license at the moment but something to consider.

Hubby's hours not too bad all considering but sure with winter settling in already. Sure we'll cope :-)
Old Nov 14th 2012, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

dustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nice

My wife is correct I only work 10 hours a night
Old Nov 14th 2012, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

dustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nice

Loblaws is a good place to work

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.