Loblaw

Old Jun 29th 2012, 5:25 am
  #361  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 750
flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Loblaw

and....queue Queen "another pike bites the ditch".Saw the rear trailer and converter being recovered yesterday on TC1,no sign of the front end or wrap around.Just hope the newbie Brits come up to the mark pronto or there'll be nothing left to drive .
flat to the mat is offline  
Old Jun 29th 2012, 6:09 pm
  #362  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Regina SK
Posts: 117
Mona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really nice
Default Re: Loblaw

Originally Posted by flat to the mat View Post
and....queue Queen "another pike bites the ditch".Saw the rear trailer and converter being recovered yesterday on TC1,no sign of the front end or wrap around.Just hope the newbie Brits come up to the mark pronto or there'll be nothing left to drive .
Well you'll find out soon enough as they're coming over Monday. Although training first month.
Mona Lisa 69 is offline  
Old Jun 29th 2012, 7:35 pm
  #363  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 750
flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Loblaw

Originally Posted by Mona Lisa 69 View Post
Well you'll find out soon enough as they're coming over Monday. Although training first month.
First bunch are already here,in training for a couple of weeks now.
flat to the mat is offline  
Old Jun 29th 2012, 8:39 pm
  #364  
Forum Regular
 
Chicken lights and chrome's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Steinbach
Posts: 170
Chicken lights and chrome is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Loblaw

Originally Posted by flat to the mat View Post
and....queue Queen "another pike bites the ditch".Saw the rear trailer and converter being recovered yesterday on TC1,no sign of the front end or wrap around.Just hope the newbie Brits come up to the mark pronto or there'll be nothing left to drive .
I was being chauffered around by Mrs Chicken yesterday and she suddenly turned right at some lights, instead of going straight across as I assumed we would, WTF? I asked, she replied, "Look, there's one of those 'No Name" lorries, he'll be half an hour reversing in to Extra Foods, bet he's a Turbanator, they're a bloody nightmare, always blocking the road there"

Sure enough, there was a manky old day cab Century at all kinds of funny angles blocking the road, we went about our business, 20mins later, there he was still trying to hit the loading dock

Funny part is, Mrs Chicken reckons that the yellow lorries are not half as bad, I'm assuming she means Trappers, don't know what they wear on their heads, but I'm leaning towards ball caps rather than the wraparound stetson
Chicken lights and chrome is offline  
Old Jun 29th 2012, 8:51 pm
  #365  
Forum Regular
 
HeadingNorth's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Stony Plain,Alberta
Posts: 106
HeadingNorth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Loblaw

Originally Posted by Chicken lights and chrome View Post
I was being chauffered around by Mrs Chicken yesterday and she suddenly turned right at some lights, instead of going straight across as I assumed we would, WTF? I asked, she replied, "Look, there's one of those 'No Name" lorries, he'll be half an hour reversing in to Extra Foods, bet he's a Turbanator, they're a bloody nightmare, always blocking the road there"

Sure enough, there was a manky old day cab Century at all kinds of funny angles blocking the road, we went about our business, 20mins later, there he was still trying to hit the loading dock

Funny part is, Mrs Chicken reckons that the yellow lorries are not half as bad, I'm assuming she means Trappers, don't know what they wear on their heads, but I'm leaning towards ball caps rather than the wraparound stetson
HeadingNorth is offline  
Old Jun 30th 2012, 5:39 am
  #366  
Forum Regular
 
russjp's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Rouleau, Saskatchewan
Posts: 120
russjp will become famous soon enoughrussjp will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Loblaw

Originally Posted by flat to the mat View Post
First bunch are already here,in training for a couple of weeks now.
This is very true, my friend is one of them - passed his canadian HGV test on thursday and did his turnpike test yesterday - good to go apparently
russjp is offline  
Old Jun 30th 2012, 5:46 am
  #367  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Regina SK
Posts: 117
Mona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really nice
Default Re: Loblaw

Originally Posted by russjp View Post
This is very true, my friend is one of them - passed his canadian HGV test on thursday and did his turnpike test yesterday - good to go apparently
Good to hear
Mona Lisa 69 is offline  
Old Jun 30th 2012, 6:21 am
  #368  
Forum Regular
 
Chicken lights and chrome's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Steinbach
Posts: 170
Chicken lights and chrome is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Loblaw

Originally Posted by russjp View Post
This is very true, my friend is one of them - passed his canadian HGV test on thursday and did his turnpike test yesterday - good to go apparently
Well done that man. I am surprised they don't need any experience here before getting the turnpike ticket, but I suppose if you can drive, you can drive

Hopefully some of the Brits will be on the run to Steinbach so that Mrs Chicken doesn't get held up anymore, the Brits can back up a truck much better than most of the Canadians, especially the New Canadians
Chicken lights and chrome is offline  
Old Jul 31st 2012, 8:22 pm
  #369  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Regina SK
Posts: 117
Mona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really nice
Default Re: Loblaw

Well appears it's not as easy for some as others - research seems key! As Canada ok but not as cheap as used to be and to be honest Canadian's seem to work harder than us Brits!
Mona Lisa 69 is offline  
Old Aug 1st 2012, 3:50 pm
  #370  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 750
flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Loblaw

Originally Posted by Mona Lisa 69 View Post
Well appears it's not as easy for some as others - research seems key! As Canada ok but not as cheap as used to be and to be honest Canadian's seem to work harder than us Brits!
Research is paramount,as regular contributors to this forum will always point out.Not sure about Canadians working harder though,there is no gravy train or free rides here,so if you want the benefits of a good lifestyle you have to put the graft in.
Hubby having a hard time settling in ?
flat to the mat is offline  
Old Aug 1st 2012, 5:34 pm
  #371  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Regina SK
Posts: 117
Mona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really nice
Default Re: Loblaw

Originally Posted by flat to the mat View Post
Research is paramount,as regular contributors to this forum will always point out.Not sure about Canadians working harder though,there is no gravy train or free rides here,so if you want the benefits of a good lifestyle you have to put the graft in.
Hubby having a hard time settling in ?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agree forums have been great for me and like to think one day I can give someone else some advice too

With regards to Canadian's working harder silly statement to make but know all the jobs I know of won't be 9-5pm like I do in London, which is fine as sure I won't be travelling 1 and half hours either way back and forth, so swings in roundabouts really.

The main think I've noticed is obviously houses are bigger but are in states too, although not looking for big house for sake of it, but guess a different lifestyle, which sounds like could be ok.

No my hubby been out there month now, an bless him done his training, bought a car (although not what I thought he would of bought) and found someone to live. So all in all he's now settled, don't get me wrong he's not found it easy life, but he's a grafter and adapts to situations. So all good at our end. Our house sold two weeks ago just awaiting paperwork to go through. So then I will hand in my notice once complete and off to Canada for my new adventure - albeit good or bad who knows!
Mona Lisa 69 is offline  
Old Aug 1st 2012, 5:38 pm
  #372  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 13
Angelkinz11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Loblaw

Ok, so gotta be honest and say i could only read until page 16 then i skipped forward to the end..too much manly bonding for my tastes lol ..anyway i wish the guys going to loblaw all the luck in the world..and i am also looking for advice/help from some of the old timers ..i mean that with the greatest respect gentlemen!!! My hubby is ex army and working for FTX atm..he's looking to work in canada..done pretty much everything driving wise in the UK/Germany for army and civvy..we applied to TimeLine.. i spoke to Troy in SK he seemed nice but hasnt been back in touch..so looking for other options..which are the best companies hiring brits at the min..pref perm jobs..i've tried to wade through the forums but since i dont speak trucker it gets all a little confusing lol we are planning for hubby to go out for the first year or so by himself as we have kids..and obviously keeping our house in the UK as back-up plan B because taking on board all that i've read advice wise from you guys it'd be redunculos not too...help a lady out here guys..thank you muchly!!
Angelkinz11 is offline  
Old Aug 1st 2012, 11:00 pm
  #373  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Red Deer Sunny Alberta
Posts: 58
heydon1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Loblaw

Originally Posted by Angelkinz11 View Post
Ok, so gotta be honest and say i could only read until page 16 then i skipped forward to the end..too much manly bonding for my tastes lol ..anyway i wish the guys going to loblaw all the luck in the world..and i am also looking for advice/help from some of the old timers ..i mean that with the greatest respect gentlemen!!! My hubby is ex army and working for FTX atm..he's looking to work in canada..done pretty much everything driving wise in the UK/Germany for army and civvy..we applied to TimeLine.. i spoke to Troy in SK he seemed nice but hasnt been back in touch..so looking for other options..which are the best companies hiring brits at the min..pref perm jobs..i've tried to wade through the forums but since i dont speak trucker it gets all a little confusing lol we are planning for hubby to go out for the first year or so by himself as we have kids..and obviously keeping our house in the UK as back-up plan B because taking on board all that i've read advice wise from you guys it'd be redunculos not too...help a lady out here guys..thank you muchly!!
what type of trucking does he want to do theres diffrent types theres long distance work shot distance work oilfield driving jobs where you work 15 on and 6 off which part of canada are you thinking of settling in
heydon1983 is offline  
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 12:44 am
  #374  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 750
flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Loblaw

Originally Posted by Mona Lisa 69 View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agree forums have been great for me and like to think one day I can give someone else some advice too

With regards to Canadian's working harder silly statement to make but know all the jobs I know of won't be 9-5pm like I do in London, which is fine as sure I won't be travelling 1 and half hours either way back and forth, so swings in roundabouts really.

The main think I've noticed is obviously houses are bigger but are in states too, although not looking for big house for sake of it, but guess a different lifestyle, which sounds like could be ok.

No my hubby been out there month now, an bless him done his training, bought a car (although not what I thought he would of bought) and found someone to live. So all in all he's now settled, don't get me wrong he's not found it easy life, but he's a grafter and adapts to situations. So all good at our end. Our house sold two weeks ago just awaiting paperwork to go through. So then I will hand in my notice once complete and off to Canada for my new adventure - albeit good or bad who knows!
Glad to hear things are working out for you.We're all interested to know whether Loblaws have matched expectations ?
Houses are generally larger in CANADA but local taxes are based around square footage and the neighbourhood so check closely before committing yourselves,and stay away from Harbour Landing,the new development close to the GTH,built on gumbo so the doors won't close after a few years.
No one said it'd be easy,but if you enjoy what this place has to offer it isn't a problem.Best of etc etc.
flat to the mat is offline  
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 5:44 am
  #375  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Regina SK
Posts: 117
Mona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really nice
Default Re: Loblaw

Originally Posted by flat to the mat View Post
Glad to hear things are working out for you.We're all interested to know whether Loblaws have matched expectations ?
Houses are generally larger in CANADA but local taxes are based around square footage and the neighbourhood so check closely before committing yourselves,and stay away from Harbour Landing,the new development close to the GTH,built on gumbo so the doors won't close after a few years.
No one said it'd be easy,but if you enjoy what this place has to offer it isn't a problem.Best of etc etc.
Well personally can't say if Loblaw is living up to expectations as yet, hubby seems to think it's ok, they've been very friendly as bosses which he did't have over ere, but guess jobs a job at end of day. He's doing 5 on 3 off at moment and looking at maybe changing to 4 on 4 off. Heard about Harbour Landing steering clear of there. Just look forward to the next stage where I can move over hopefully few more weeks, then the stage when I can eventually work.
Mona Lisa 69 is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.