Loblaw

Old May 7th 2012, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

weeelegs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Loblaw

Originally Posted by cmetty41
I had an Interview with them in March in Dublin.Got a job offer just waiting to hear back from them,they sound a good company to work for.
Her cmetty41,

Belfast boy, drove for Grafton for tesco for 9yrs 2000-2009, used to be 12ph nites and weekends. Got sick of the same old stores and banter, left around april 2010. Thinking about going back in, whats it like now?? Any news of full time jobs going? Sainsburys/DFDS are advertising, I've applied just to see what the craic is! Keep up the info on Loblaws and Canada once you are out there, I have family in Sarnia, Southern Ontario (place is full or Ulster Scots!) and have seen the opportunites and quality of life improvements compared to here.
Keep er lit!
Graeme
Old May 25th 2012, 4:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of

Hey Big Truck I know I work in Tesco's been there 4 years now.Spent 12 yrs in the Army 2 of those in Batus Canada in the warm summers and the freezing -40 winters Drove al makes and models of Canadian Vehicles,apart from that I would still like to give Loblaws a try and Regina and yes the min wage they offer is $23 per hr and the rate is 53c per mile why would they lie????
Attached Thumbnails Loblaw-img_0444%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old May 25th 2012, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

Originally Posted by dustyhoward
Nothing yet I've just scanned and emailed my crb check nothing yet i found out about the training it's $18 an hour during the training which is 4 weeks
I was told that yesterday
Have you heard anything
''Start at $18 / Hr''
Old May 25th 2012, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CurtNIR
''Start at $18 / Hr''
and?
Old May 25th 2012, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

Originally Posted by dave_lol66
and?
Old May 25th 2012, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

and?
and maybe one day when you stop scrounging off the government and get yourself a real job you will come to realise that a minimum of $23 per hour is not the same as starting at $18 per hour.
Old May 26th 2012, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dave_lol66
and maybe one day when you stop scrounging off the government and get yourself a real job you will come to realise that a minimum of $23 per hour is not the same as starting at $18 per hour.
you talk some amount of shite
Old May 26th 2012, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

you talk some amount of shite
Unlike you I have knowledge and experience of the subject matter
Why don't you explain to everyone what you are doing on an expats trucking forum when you have absolutely zero experience of either

Last edited by dave_lol66; May 26th 2012 at 11:03 am.
Old May 26th 2012, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

ontheroadagain is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, Dave... I have 3 years of Canadian-US OTR driving experience myself and I can tell you exactly the same as curtNIR said.
You only appear in the forum when you're bored and want to get some attention (good or bad it doesn't really matter to you) or to bully somebody.
You're closer to a troll than to an expat trucker trying to offer advice or help, always showing the same bad attitude on here or other trucking/expats forums.
Old May 26th 2012, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ontheroadagain
Well, Dave... I have 3 years of Canadian-US OTR driving experience myself and I can tell you exactly the same as curtNIR said.
You only appear in the forum when you're bored and want to get some attention (good or bad it doesn't really matter to you) or to bully somebody.
You're closer to a troll than to an expat trucker trying to offer advice or help, always showing the same bad attitude on here or other trucking/expats forums.
Well it's certainly working, it took you 3 years of trolling and stalking to make a personal attack against me and make claims of your massive experience.
Nice 1st post

Last edited by dave_lol66; May 26th 2012 at 7:30 pm.
Old May 26th 2012, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ontheroadagain
So don't be so rude, introduce yourself and tell us of your Canadian experience, or have you done that already under another username
Old May 26th 2012, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

ontheroadagain is an unknown quantity at this point

First of all, what's with all the emoticons and smilies at the end of every sentence?, you didn't say anything that funny really and you're a grown man, you're not 12 anymore.

Trolling and stalking?, there you go again... you're not that important. It wasn't a personal attack, I just pointed out your trolling behavior because it's really boring watching you doing the same thing again and again.

I've been a regular reader of this forum for years but I decided not to participate due to the "know-it-all supertrucker" attitude that flows in most of all of the threads.
Apart from that, this forum is still a great source of info and help.

None of my Canadian or European years of experience (never mentioned it was massive) make any difference to what I said.

Anyway I won't continue feeding your attention seeking needs any longer and I'll let you have the last word, you'll probably love that.

I'm off now, going to enjoy the evening with my family instead of wasting more time on here.
Old May 27th 2012, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

cmetty41 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by weeelegs
Her cmetty41,

Belfast boy, drove for Grafton for tesco for 9yrs 2000-2009, used to be 12ph nites and weekends. Got sick of the same old stores and banter, left around april 2010. Thinking about going back in, whats it like now?? Any news of full time jobs going? Sainsburys/DFDS are advertising, I've applied just to see what the craic is! Keep up the info on Loblaws and Canada once you are out there, I have family in Sarnia, Southern Ontario (place is full or Ulster Scots!) and havseen the opportunites and quality of life improvements compared to here.
Keep er lit!
Graeme
Still plenty of work in Tescos mate money has been cut to £9.50 days £10 at nights and £11 weekends a few guys have there TWP's for Canada and Loblaws have been keeping us updated on a regular basis about the work in their company.It won't be long before we are over there working.Brand new units as well which will be a good start.Apartments are very cheap to rent in Regina as well got my eye on 2 or 3 mate.
Old May 28th 2012, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Still plenty of work in Tescos mate money has been cut to £9.50 days £10 at nights and £11 weekends a few guys have there TWP's for Canada and Loblaws have been keeping us updated on a regular basis about the work in their company.It won't be long before we are over there working.Brand new units as well which will be a good start.Apartments are very cheap to rent in Regina as well got my eye on 2 or 3 mate.
Sure you get all the handy stores Craig!!!!!
Old May 28th 2012, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

Chicken lights and chrome is on a distinguished road

ontheroadagain..........how ironic

Just a thought, you make a statement about trolling, yet in your two posts that's exactly what you have done, you haven't given any sound advice, you haven't answered any questions, you just told Mr LOL that you don't like him.......or his use of smileys

Look at the big picture, Mr CurtNIR has an opinion on trucking in Canada, yet he does neither, so his opinions are rather empty, whereas others on here, Mr LOL included, have actually been there and done it, so whether you agree with them or not, at least their opinions are borne from experience.

As for getting upset enough to post for the first time about somebody's posting style, get a grip, it's words on a screen FFS, chill out and put it into perspective

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.