British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   Loblaw (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/loblaw-749906/)

Chicken lights and chrome Apr 24th 2012 2:02 am

Re: Loblaw

Originally Posted by kb33 (Post 10021942)

And I would get very worried about two friends who never argued or disagreed , It just aint natural In fact there could be some Brokeback Mountain stuff going there . ;)

The trouble with that is Dave and I are both givers, we need a taker, seeing as how you don't like Peterbilts you must be a bit girly, so maybe we don't need to look any further:rofl::rofl::rofl:

kb33 Apr 24th 2012 3:10 am

Originally Posted by Chicken lights and chrome (Post 10022034)
The trouble with that is Dave and I are both givers, we need a taker, seeing as how you don't like Peterbilts you must be a bit girly, so maybe we don't need to look any further:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Maybe you need to look in the Regina area , I hear theres some new blood arriving shortly :D

Chicken lights and chrome Apr 24th 2012 4:04 am

I think they're going to get enough rammed into them without me adding to their woes!

BTW I am kidding.....a bit lol

flat to the mat Apr 26th 2012 12:50 am

Originally Posted by Chicken lights and chrome (Post 10020537)
RSG, you make some interesting points, but your post also shows that you're guilty of some of the things you accuse people, specifically me of, namely you jump to a conclusion of my opinion of V8 drivers, well you clearly don't get me, I love a V8, both my cars have one and I've owned two IVECO and one Scania V8 and as much as I like my Peterbilt, I would swap for a 143 450 with a decent sized bunk tomorrow.....and take a couple of cent a mile pay cut too:rofl:

Yes we are a bit cliquey, but then Dave and I are very good friends, as is usually the case, as friends we think the same way, that's why we are friends in the first place:eek:

This whole thing disintegrated into what it has become because we mentioned that the wages on offer were quoted as being much lower by the recruiter himself, I cut and pasted his post on another forum onto here. This was done to make the guys interested in the job hopefully do a little more research, but instead we got abuse, which we of course returned, like you say we are drivers and banter is all part of that. I've been called turkey and whatever else, it makes me smile and I don't hold any bad feeling towards the offenders, it's just a bit of internet shenanigans at the end of the day.

Even KB33, who although he won't admit it, is just as bad, as soon as a post by Dave comes up, he's like a rat up a drainpipe, straight on here and never with a good word to say.

The slagging off of Regina(and all Saskatchewan) is an ongoing thing between FTTM and the Manitoba Mafia as KB likes to call us, it's all good fun really, although easily misinterpreted, so don't read too much into that.

With regard to the job itself, I can only assume that it will be like most of the others that cannot get staff locally, in that it ain't a very good job and that's the point of this, letting the guys know that things may not live up to their expectations, this moving to Canada to drive a truck isn't hard as KB says, I mean let's face it, you don't need a lot of brains to be a lorry driver anywhere in the world, KB being living proof of that (see what I did there, can't help myself:rofl:)

We all love it in Canada, that's why we are still here, the move over here is a lot harder than it would be to go back, but we did have to go through some tough times to reach this point and it doesn't hurt to let people know that it is a hard slog at times.

So even if you disagree with every word I write, at least you get to see another point of view, this way you can have a balanced view of things:thumbup:

Saskatchewan is THE booming Province,Rider Nation,Grey Cup 2013,less Rednecks then MB,oh and Peterbilts suck..................... Discuss :rofl:

Chicken lights and chrome Apr 26th 2012 1:08 am

Originally Posted by flat to the mat (Post 10025909)
Saskatchewan is THE booming Province,Rider Nation,Grey Cup 2013,less Rednecks then MB,oh and Peterbilts suck..................... Discuss :rofl:

Peterbilts, usually I would say that they're a fantastic truck.......today however seeing as how I'm in a hotel in Salt Lake City because mine has shit itself, today I would prefer a Scammell :thumbdown:

Perfect timing too, had a weekend on the piss in Vegas with four mates, couldn't have gone wrong then, oh no, it waits until I'm on the way home, the piece of junk waits until my Sister flies into Winnipeg in three days, waits until four days before a party at my place, which will have 40-50 friends attending to wish me a happy birthday, that's the time when it decides to have an intake actuator go bad, which broke the rocker shaft, which wiped out the cam, deep joy............:frown:

When it gets fixed I will be running the new top end in properly, I aim to break all records when it comes to mpg, I will be travelling at a very high rate of fuel consumption between here and Lethbridge where I will be dropping my trailer and screaming down to Medicine Hat to load for home, so if you're on the Trans Can Friday, keep outa my way, I'm on a mission :eek:

dave_lol66 Apr 26th 2012 1:27 am

Told you not to worry about your party, your beer and food will be well looked after. I may even start on it a couple of days early since I am now home till Tuesday :rofl::rofl:

Chicken lights and chrome Apr 26th 2012 1:59 am

Originally Posted by dave_lol66 (Post 10025955)
Told you not to worry about your party, your beer and food will be well looked after. I may even start on it a couple of days early since I am now home till Tuesday :rofl::rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: NOT!!!!!!!

Just hope they get it done tomorrow or I'll be a bit behind the eight ball to say the least, could be making a late and dramatic entrance with the, soon to be mighty again, Pete on the driveway, my posh neighbours will love that:p

flat to the mat Apr 26th 2012 5:07 pm

Sorry to hear about the ducknosaurs maladies mate.If you're concerned with lardy boy eating all the food may I suggest a return flight,should get change out of a grand :eek:

dave_lol66 Apr 26th 2012 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by flat to the mat (Post 10027188)
Sorry to hear about the ducknosaurs maladies mate.If you're concerned with lardy boy eating all the food may I suggest a return flight,should get change out of a grand :eek:

Still wouldn't get him back quick enough to stop me :thumbsup::thumbsup:

flat to the mat Apr 26th 2012 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by dave_lol66 (Post 10027264)
Still wouldn't get him back quick enough to stop me :thumbsup::thumbsup:

:rofl::rofl:

On second thoughts,am off until Monday myself,we could both pop round and wipe out his beer supply before he limps home :thumbsup:

Chicken lights and chrome Apr 26th 2012 6:58 pm

You're SOL boys, the mighty Pete is being put back together as we speak, I should be heading north again in a couple of hours, destination party time :thumbup:

dave_lol66 Apr 26th 2012 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by Chicken lights and chrome (Post 10027351)
You're SOL boys, the mighty Pete is being put back together as we speak, I should be heading north again in a couple of hours, destination party time :thumbup:

It may be put back together but it's a Pete with a CAT under the hood, will it get you home:confused::confused::rofl::rofl:

flat to the mat Apr 26th 2012 11:58 pm

So,does she rise like a phoenix from the ashes or does United Airlines beckon ? :rofl:

Chicken lights and chrome Apr 29th 2012 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by flat to the mat (Post 10027767)
So,does she rise like a phoenix from the ashes or does United Airlines beckon ? :rofl:

Made it home with half an hour to spare, got a good video of Dave dancing, yes you read that right, he was dancing, John Travolta has nothing to worry about though believe me:rofl:

Pete back in the shop now to sort out the cracked head, so a few days off for moi :thumbup:

flat to the mat Apr 29th 2012 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by Chicken lights and chrome (Post 10031867)
Made it home with half an hour to spare, got a good video of Dave dancing, yes you read that right, he was dancing, John Travolta has nothing to worry about though believe me:rofl:

Pete back in the shop now to sort out the cracked head, so a few days off for moi :thumbup:

Good on ya and Happy Birthday,hope it wasn't Dirty Dancing :eek: