British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   Loblaw (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/loblaw-749906/)

dustyhoward Mar 20th 2012 12:42 pm

Re: Loblaw

I had an interview in London 2 weeks ago and Friday
They asked me for my birth certificate and police check form so i guess they are interested

dustyhoward Mar 20th 2012 12:44 pm

What they offered me was great job sounds really good

cmetty41 Mar 20th 2012 12:45 pm

Yes Mate sounds good Have you heard back from them yet?????

dustyhoward Mar 20th 2012 1:49 pm

Not yet maybe they are waiting for me to send my police check form when I get it back from the police I'm really up for going it would be nice to know if they definitely want me

dustyhoward Mar 20th 2012 2:47 pm

Regina isn't a busy place but I've been told it's an ok place are you going to take the job??

cmetty41 Mar 20th 2012 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by dustyhoward (Post 9962954)
Regina isn't a busy place but I've been told it's an ok place are you going to take the job??

Yes I think Iwill mate im working for Tesco's here in Belfast at the moment through an agency doing Class 1 work easy job good money but shifts are not always available.

dustyhoward Mar 20th 2012 5:22 pm

Hopefully see you there I'm going to take it when my police check form gets to them I'm working for kheune and nagal out of Essex this country has gone to shite and the money is quite a bit more

dustyhoward Mar 20th 2012 5:36 pm

Did they phone you to offer you the job

cmetty41 Mar 20th 2012 6:59 pm

[QUOTE=ot offered the job at my Interview.Got an E Mail Last week from Trevor saying they had just got back and he would be in touch soon.

dustyhoward Mar 20th 2012 7:07 pm

Oh ok when I emailed Kelly my birth certificate I said I would be up for the job

Big Truck Mar 20th 2012 7:14 pm

I've never seen so many "rose tinted glasses" in a loooooong time!!!!!!:blink:

How many of you guys have actually EVER set foot in Canada and know what a NA truck looks and DRIVES like?:confused:

What kind of Winter weather you WILL encounter driving your "Roadtrains"?!!!!!:rofl:

Big Truck Mar 20th 2012 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by cmetty41 (Post 9963213)
Yes I think Iwill mate im working for Tesco's here in Belfast at the moment through an agency doing Class 1 work easy job good money but shifts are not always available.

That job is a GIFT as I did it (Sainsburys too) all last Spring/Summer.:thumbup:
I worked Tesco via Jark and SB via Grafton and didn't have enough driving hours for the work they put my way!!!!

You will get a TIGHTENER in Canada compared to your cushey Tesco job!!!:nod:

Gremmie Mar 20th 2012 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by Big Truck (Post 9963443)

How many of you guys have actually EVER set foot in Canada and know what a NA truck looks and DRIVES like?:confused:

What kind of Winter weather you WILL encounter driving your "Roadtrains"?!!!!!:rofl:

What do you know about it:confused::confused: Yes exactly Sweet FA

Big Truck Mar 20th 2012 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by Gremmie (Post 9963518)
What do you know about it:confused::confused: Yes exactly Sweet FA

What about ye "bob-a-job" Gremmie?!!!!!:rofl:

I know enough to know these guys need to do just a little more RESEARCH and I bet before ANY of them heard about the Loblaws Trucking jobs they couldn't even point to the province of SK on a map of Canada!!!!:blink:

What are turnpikes?
What are lanes?
Whats Regina like?

Atm,
I'm convinced they think its $23/hour all the way!!!
Jesus H Christ.:eek:

dustyhoward Mar 20th 2012 8:28 pm

If you are the expert why r u in Belfast

Big Truck Mar 20th 2012 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by dustyhoward (Post 9963567)
If you are the expert why r u in Belfast

Have you EVER set foot in Canada or even know the first thing about driving a truck there?
Ask the guys here who've been in Canada as far back as 2004/05/06/07 and got PR if they would move to Regina SK!!!!!!:huh:

I can't be bothered to argue but do yourself a favour and do ALOT more research before you all just jump on the first plane over!!!!;)

grant r Mar 20th 2012 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by Big Truck (Post 9963561)
What about ye "bob-a-job" Gremmie?!!!!!:rofl:

I know enough to know these guys need to do just a little more RESEARCH and I bet before ANY of them heard about the Loblaws Trucking jobs they couldn't even point to the province of SK on a map of Canada!!!!:blink:

What are turnpikes?
What are lanes?
Whats Regina like?

Atm,
I'm convinced they think its $23/hour all the way!!!
Jesus H Christ.:eek:

What are turnpikes?
What are lanes?
Er you might wanna slow down ther abit bt cos it was me that asked the above not the other guys!! And i was only asking cos we dont have them sayings in the uk! And as for not knowing where sk is� ���� doh wrong. I also know where manitoba, ontario, nova scotia, poi, new brunswick to name but a few but i didnt know this was a pissing in the wind contest� ����� ���� i thought it was a place where people wanting to move to canada came to get the answers� ����� ����

flat to the mat Mar 20th 2012 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by Big Truck (Post 9963443)

What a jerk :thumbdown: Your knowledge of trucking in North America is what? Oh yes hay making for a season :rofl::rofl: Why do you come on this forum,absolutely no intention of ever coming here ?
These guys are a bit green,as we all were at sometime,but at least they are giving it a try,unlike yourself who is always ready with an excuse for not making it happen.
Happy bog hopping.:D

Big Truck Mar 20th 2012 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by flat to the mat (Post 9963629)
What a jerk :thumbdown: Your knowledge of trucking in North America is what? Oh yes hay making for a season :rofl::rofl: Why do you come on this forum,absolutely no intention of ever coming here ?
These guys are a bit green,as we all were at sometime,but at least they are giving it a try,unlike yourself who is always ready with an excuse for not making it happen.
Happy bog hopping.:D

DH.:starsmile:

flat to the mat Mar 20th 2012 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by Big Truck (Post 9963667)
DH.:starsmile:

Feel free to explain oh wise one :rofl:

BTW,I have to go and freeze my arse off in a tin box for a couple of days,back on Saturday,should give you enough time to divulge your vast wealth of knowledge regarding truck driving in Canada to the newbies,there again you could well sum it up in one sentence"don't know what the **** oim talking about see,cos oi've never ****** been there,**** me balls were too ****** small ,gissus some ****** diesal for me transit LMAO.

dustyhoward Mar 21st 2012 5:35 am

BT you must love your job moaning the arse off about life hey carry on existing not living a life chill bubba like they said we might be green behind the ears because we haven't done any of it but hey if loblaws offer me a job I'm going to jump at the chance because you only have one life and make the most of it and if they don't offer me a job I'm still going to work in Canada some day

cmetty41 Mar 21st 2012 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Big Truck (Post 9963580)
Have you EVER set foot in Canada or even know the first thing about driving a truck there?
Ask the guys here who've been in Canada as far back as 2004/05/06/07 and got PR if they would move to Regina SK!!!!!!:huh:

I can't be bothered to argue but do yourself a favour and do ALOT more research before you all just jump on the first plane over!!!!;)

Hey Big Truck I know I work in Tesco's been there 4 years now.Spent 12 yrs in the Army 2 of those in Batus Canada in the warm summers and the freezing -40 winters Drove al makes and models of Canadian Vehicles,apart from that I would still like to give Loblaws a try and Regina and yes the min wage they offer is $23 per hr and the rate is 53c per mile why would they lie????

dustyhoward Mar 21st 2012 12:44 pm

It seems that big truck might be missing out and he feels jealous hey ho

Big Truck Mar 21st 2012 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by dustyhoward (Post 9964765)
It seems that big truck might be missing out and he feels jealous hey ho

Aye,

SK its the happening place!!!:rofl:

Bye bye.:p

dustyhoward Mar 22nd 2012 9:40 am

Cmetty have you heard anything yet?
I was told end of the week

man240utd Mar 22nd 2012 9:56 am

Originally Posted by dustyhoward (Post 9966561)
Cmetty have you heard anything yet?
I was told end of the week

Alright Dusty, I have sent you a PM. Cheers.

man240utd Mar 23rd 2012 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by man240utd (Post 9966581)
Alright Dusty, I have sent you a PM. Cheers.

Have you heard anything today?

dustyhoward Mar 23rd 2012 8:12 pm

Nothing yet I've just scanned and emailed my crb check nothing yet i found out about the training it's $18 an hour during the training which is 4 weeks
I was told that yesterday
Have you heard anything

dustyhoward Mar 23rd 2012 9:34 pm

Have you heard anything ?

man240utd Mar 23rd 2012 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by dustyhoward (Post 9969248)
Have you heard anything ?

No, not yet.:fingerscrossed:

kb33 Mar 23rd 2012 11:33 pm

http://youtu.be/BIPsypxEELk

dustyhoward Mar 24th 2012 9:51 am

Thanks for the you tube video looks real good something I would like to be apart of but still haven't heard anything

dustyhoward Mar 24th 2012 9:52 am

Originally Posted by cmetty41 (Post 9964296)
Hey Big Truck I know I work in Tesco's been there 4 years now.Spent 12 yrs in the Army 2 of those in Batus Canada in the warm summers and the freezing -40 winters Drove al makes and models of Canadian Vehicles,apart from that I would still like to give Loblaws a try and Regina and yes the min wage they offer is $23 per hr and the rate is 53c per mile why would they lie????

Have you heard anything cmetty

dustyhoward Mar 24th 2012 9:54 am

Originally Posted by man240utd (Post 9969282)
No, not yet.:fingerscrossed:

Have you heard anything?
I'm still waiting getting abut frustrating but I will hang in there

man240utd Mar 24th 2012 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by dustyhoward (Post 9969883)
Have you heard anything?
I'm still waiting getting abut frustrating but I will hang in there

Got an e-mail last night welcoming me to the company. Hope you hear something soon.:fingerscrossed:

dustyhoward Mar 24th 2012 12:58 pm

Ta when do you go out

dustyhoward Mar 24th 2012 1:27 pm

Congratulations by the way
Did you have all of your paperwork with you at the interview
I didnt and when they asked me when I could start I said July or September and they said the first 5 who have the paperwork ready will go in may

man240utd Mar 24th 2012 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by dustyhoward (Post 9970074)
Congratulations by the way
Did you have all of your paperwork with you at the interview
I didnt and when they asked me when I could start I said July or September and they said the first 5 who have the paperwork ready will go in may

Thanks mate. I had everything except an up to date police check which I had already sent off for. I e-mailed them a copy of it the day after the interview.

man240utd Mar 24th 2012 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by man240utd (Post 9970163)
Thanks mate. I had everything except an up to date police check which I had already sent off for. I e-mailed them a copy of it the day after the interview.

I told them I wanted to go in May.

dustyhoward Mar 24th 2012 3:15 pm

I'm still waiting for my doctors letter
If I get nothing between now and Monday I night email Kelly
It does sound desperate but Kelly did say everyone who was interviewed would know by the end of the week