British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   Loblaw (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/loblaw-749906/)

dustyhoward Feb 28th 2012 4:02 pm

Re: Loblaw

Originally Posted by grant r (Post 9925186)
Yer same good luck lets us know how you get on and what you think of them

Ok you too is your job out of Regina

grant r Feb 28th 2012 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by dustyhoward (Post 9925614)
Ok you too is your job out of Regina

I think you mis understood, im still living in southend and curious how things go for you

dustyhoward Feb 28th 2012 6:08 pm

Oh ok r u working in southend

grant r Feb 28th 2012 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by dustyhoward (Post 9925881)
Oh ok r u working in southend

I'm working for a firm out of basildon, premier freight, running containers, what about you?

dustyhoward Feb 29th 2012 8:54 am

I know them White MAN units I'm working for unitruc

dustyhoward Feb 29th 2012 8:56 am

What I've been offered at loblaws is good but is that to get you over there don't know what holidays they offer

grant r Feb 29th 2012 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by dustyhoward (Post 9927125)
What I've been offered at loblaws is good but is that to get you over there don't know what holidays they offer

Sent u a pm

mickfly Mar 1st 2012 12:27 am

Originally Posted by grant r (Post 9928019)
Sent u a pm

If you have info, please post it on here for everyone to read... it's a forum!

grant r Mar 1st 2012 5:45 am

Originally Posted by mickfly (Post 9928524)
If you have info, please post it on here for everyone to read... it's a forum!

Its a private pm, is that ok with u?

flat to the mat Mar 1st 2012 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by dustyhoward (Post 9927125)

Wrong,what you've been offered at Loblaws is ok,certainly not good money.Work out your moving expenses,relocation expenses(cars etc),cost of living(rent etc) and see if it still looks good.
However,if you have some capitol behind you and /or a partner who works it could be a quick route into Canada.Just don't go thinking you'll be living the good life on what they pay alone.

Gremmie Mar 1st 2012 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by grant r (Post 9928876)
Its a private pm, is that ok with u?

Guess who wont get much help on here in the future:huh::huh:

grant r Mar 1st 2012 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by Gremmie (Post 9929995)
Guess who wont get much help on here in the future:huh::huh:

Why gremmie? I sent the bloke a private pm cos he lives in my home town and i let him know on here, then i get told to share on here cos its a forum?? So what have i done wrong??

berkoboy Mar 1st 2012 10:47 pm

How will they get u a LMO for city work. I thought you could only get an LMO for OTR work. My company wont put us on Loblaw work unless its an overnight (did Ottawa the other day from Cambridge). Met a guy there from there Ajax depot, wasn't a happy bunny. No sick pay holidays etc.

kb33 Mar 1st 2012 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by berkoboy (Post 9930474)
How will they get u a LMO for city work. I thought you could only get an LMO for OTR work. My company wont put us on Loblaw work unless its an overnight (did Ottawa the other day from Cambridge). Met a guy there from there Ajax depot, wasn't a happy bunny. No sick pay holidays etc.

I asked this question on another forum , And the SNIP have agreed to give nomination to drivers on TWP at Loblaw's , The LMO shouldn't be a problem.

flat to the mat Mar 2nd 2012 1:00 am

Originally Posted by berkoboy (Post 9930474)

Who mentioned city work ? The Regina RDC covers Western Canada,from Thunder Bay to Vancouver Island,shifts won't be classed as longhaul but it's definately not city work.
The SK government want the new GTH to succeed that much that they're bending the rules to enable employers to recruit enough staff,because there's nowhere near enough here at the moment.Lanes are being subbed out to some dubious companies from Calgary,which isn't working out at all.and respectable operations like Trappers and H&R are running the excess turnpike switches.