Loblaw

Old Apr 12th 2012, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Loblaw

Haha ha,one post from the Dog and suddenly silence from the Chuckle Brothers
Old Apr 12th 2012, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

Chicken lights and chrome is on a distinguished road

When silly bollox says PM hmi, make sure you tell him what he wants to hear or you'll get called names

It's hardly surprising that he is looking for a job in Canada with an attitude like he's got, he probably couldn't buy a decent job in Britain, what a clown, can't wait to see him when reality strikes him straight between the eyes at 2am on a snowbound Trans Canada (that's the big road that runs across Canada BTW)

Do stay in touch chaps
Old Apr 12th 2012, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

Lou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond repute

When I was young, I can remember my Dad slapping me round the head just because he thought I was going to run and jump in a puddle. So I know how the guys who are thinking about working at Loblaws are feeling.
But all the posting from guys, already here in Canada, is because they have your best interests at heart. Every one who has made a successful life in Canada wants nothing more than a whole lot more to join us and share the good life. Equally; we would hate to see some Brits come over and struggle. Those who warn others to be wary are those who have had bad experiences.
Loblaws may or may not be a good job; any one coming over has to take the leap in the dark that we all took. My advice, if you do come, have Plan B; some sort of back-up and a way out.
When I came, I was wary, it all sounded to good to be true. I brought my touring bicycle and panniers with me on the plane. If it did turn out to be slave-labour then I was just going to pack it all on the bike and go touring for the summer before going back to the UK.
But it turned out great and now I'm the proud owner of three bicycles.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Lou but I disagree. I encourage people to come here and enjoy what Canada has to offer,but don't want to see fools rush in.
I haven't had a bad experience,and as a family we have done well,but we came late in 05 and it's a very different story nowadays.You only have to look at property prices ,plus the exchange rate to work out that this place isn't such a lucrative deal anymore.
Maybe we're to blame for posting our good times on forums where anybody can view ,therefore such idiots that posted earlier on this thread think Canada is an easy option to the good life,and throw caution to the wind to obtain what they can't get in Britain.
As a community of drivers on this forum we can only advise,if our opinions aren't considered by the CHAVS from Sarfend et al,that's for them to sort out at a later date,but I would like to be riding shotgun during their first winter storm pulling turnpikes LOL,there again maybe not.

Apologies Mark,have just read your post,they'll have a truck full of interested parties come winter time.BTW,saw my new ride today,not too impressed so far,low roof not aerodyne,13 not 18 speed,and the Paccar motor not the Cummins. Bollox !!

Last edited by flat to the mat; Apr 12th 2012 at 2:38 am. Reason: Doh
Old Apr 12th 2012, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

cmetty41 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Sorry Lou but I disagree. I encourage people to come here and enjoy what Canada has to offer,but don't want to see fools rush in.
I haven't had a bad experience,and as a family we have done well,but we came late in 05 and it's a very different story nowadays.You only have to look at property prices ,plus the exchange rate to work out that this place isn't such a lucrative deal anymore.
Maybe we're to blame for posting our good times on forums where anybody can view ,therefore such idiots that posted earlier on this thread think Canada is an easy option to the good life,and throw caution to the wind to obtain what they can't get in Britain.
As a community of drivers on this forum we can only advise,if our opinions aren't considered by the CHAVS from Sarfend et al,that's for them to sort out at a later date,but I would like to be riding shotgun during their first winter storm pulling turnpikes LOL,there again maybe not.

Apologies Mark,have just read your post,they'll have a truck full of interested parties come winter time.BTW,saw my new ride today,not too impressed so far,low roof not aerodyne,13 not 18 speed,and the Paccar motor not the Cummins. Bollox !!
Winter is Winter in Canada I spent 8 months in Medicine Hat out on the Prairies,but maybe instead of blabbing on about the snow and ice and scaremongering people,how's about telling people how good the summer months are??? The driving is all year round and no matter where you are in the world you have to take the rough with the smooth .I have a feeling some people on here are feeling a bit vulnerable and may think we are on our way to take your work.Loblaws will have 16 new drivers by the end of this year driving and earning a very good salary.I would Imagine most of us have many years of driving Experience behind us,as you may have.As for settling in we are all big boys and I am sure there will be plenty of help if needed when we do get there.If not we will grin and bear it just as most other ex pats have and get on with.(NO PAIN NO GAIN)
Old Apr 12th 2012, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cmetty41
Winter is Winter in Canada I spent 8 months in Medicine Hat out on the Prairies,but maybe instead of blabbing on about the snow and ice and scaremongering people,how's about telling people how good the summer months are??? The driving is all year round and no matter where you are in the world you have to take the rough with the smooth .I have a feeling some people on here are feeling a bit vulnerable and may think we are on our way to take your work.Loblaws will have 16 new drivers by the end of this year driving and earning a very good salary.I would Imagine most of us have many years of driving Experience behind us,as you may have.As for settling in we are all big boys and I am sure there will be plenty of help if needed when we do get there.If not we will grin and bear it just as most other ex pats have and get on with.(NO PAIN NO GAIN)
This entertainment just gets better spent a few weeks in Suffield as cannon fodder had a few beers in The Sin Bin and suddenly that qualifies him as Canada's next ice road trucker earning mega bucks as a trolly dolly
Old Apr 12th 2012, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about

Kinda apt really. 100 years after the Titanic and a bunch of sinking ships are on their way over.

Are you guys for real? Do you think we really don't know?
Old Apr 12th 2012, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bobthedog
Kinda apt really. 100 years after the Titanic and a bunch of sinking ships are on their way over.

Are you guys for real? Do you think we really don't know?
Oh you should see the name calling and threats by pm now, got me real worried. In fact so worried I sent him my phone #
Old Apr 12th 2012, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

grant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nice

Originally Posted by dave_lol66
Oh you should see the name calling and threats by pm now, got me real worried. In fact so worried I sent him my phone #
Really! Name calling and threats! So so childish! No need for it!
Old Apr 12th 2012, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about

Please share them. PM is good.

Are they for real?
Old Apr 12th 2012, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

WTF is going on ?
Old Apr 12th 2012, 9:26 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobthedog
Please share them. PM is good.

Are they for real?
PMs should NOT be posted on the forum.

However, abuse by either pm or karma is against the rules. If anyone receives anything of this nature please forward it to either myself or Sue.

Thanks.
Old Apr 13th 2012, 3:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cmetty41
Mate,the 5 months of summer are ggrrreeaattt,in fact I've just bought a new camper in anticipation of love ins up at the lake(ever the optomist).However,the rest of the time can be the pits,so if you think we're scaremongering you'd best think again especially when your second trailer is wagging it's arse off behind your first.
FWIW,if you follow your convictions from the post above you will do okay,you only will get out what you put in etc.
Your bubba mate from sarfend may as well cancel his ticket now,he won't last until the end of his training,and as Shaun is ex-RMP he'll see straight through him.
BTW,we don't feel vulnerable as there are so many jobs out here that'll pay a lot more than your expected"very good salary",but take it as an inroad to Canada and move on from there.
Old Apr 13th 2012, 5:10 am
Forum Regular

dustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nice

People talking about me that's nice apparently I'm from sarfend and ye of little faith with regards me returning in no time well you are the expert after all
Old Apr 13th 2012, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

dustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nice

I also see someone mentioning dancing trailers I had that with my wagon and drag with me blocks in it not nice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.