British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   Loblaw (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/loblaw-749906/)

Sparkie65 Apr 8th 2012 3:59 pm

Re: Loblaw

hi all
iv just sat reading all your posts and yes i agree with a lot of what has been said, i came back to the uk in december after driving trucks in canada and the usa.yes any driver that hasnt driven in canada will be in for a BIG shock its not the uk so forget what you know and start again the canadian way. i to have been offered a job with loblaw and am going back in june/july.but this time alot wiser and not green.honest anyone going over for the 1st time dont put all your eggs in your basket ie DONT sell your house as you just might need it to go back to.try it out 1st to see if its for you,i got stung the 1st time with false promises so we came back but what we want is to be back in canada so we going back but this time with alot more knowledge.
for those 1st timers going listen to people who have been there and done it as they can help you out with good advice.DONT let excitement blinker the true facts.

good luck and see you at loblaws lol

cmetty41 Apr 8th 2012 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by dave_lol66 (Post 9994712)
You got that right. You have shown the calibre of person that they make job offers to.:rofl: and even worse a recruiter that posts one set of figures on a forum and something completely different in an email. Your right I wouldn't give up signing on to go work for a company like that

Dave is that why they call you lol as ur a laugh wee girl go away and drive ur transit vans roll on july when Canada will get good quality drivers.

cmetty41 Apr 8th 2012 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by Sparkie65 (Post 9994973)
hi all
iv just sat reading all your posts and yes i agree with a lot of what has been said, i came back to the uk in december after driving trucks in canada and the usa.yes any driver that hasnt driven in canada will be in for a BIG shock its not the uk so forget what you know and start again the canadian way. i to have been offered a job with loblaw and am going back in june/july.but this time alot wiser and not green.honest anyone going over for the 1st time dont put all your eggs in your basket ie DONT sell your house as you just might need it to go back to.try it out 1st to see if its for you,i got stung the 1st time with false promises so we came back but what we want is to be back in canada so we going back but this time with alot more knowledge.
for those 1st timers going listen to people who have been there and done it as they can help you out with good advice.DONT let excitement blinker the true facts.

Hi Sparky if you have been to Canada before driving could you PM mate as Im getting sick and tired and BORED of bullshit on here and maybe you could give us all on here some good decent advice instead od Dire Dave and Co Bullshit.FFS You would think they would grow up.Im sure Dave has been sacked and has a grievance with someone.Maybe he was just a shit Employee as he sounds like one.My god if I employed him and read his crap on here I would gladly pull him in my office chin him and send him packing.

dave_lol66 Apr 8th 2012 6:17 pm

hi all

Good luck mate at least you know what's ahead of you in the near future which is more than can be said for "Dumb and Dumber" :thumbsup:

dustyhoward Apr 8th 2012 7:06 pm

You must be a mute not to get this I still keep in contact because I have a sympathetic nature for you disabled which both of you are you don't live in Canada keep taking your medication it's what you want to do but dont get too excited and to help with your MEDICATION don't leave britain

dustyhoward Apr 8th 2012 7:13 pm

Hello sparkle I'm dusty Howard I'm going with loblaws in June July likeyourself don't listen to the children
All doom and gloom I will listen to you come and have a chat

Mona Lisa 69 Apr 9th 2012 4:06 am

hi all

-------------------------

Thanks for info an understand where your coming from, know its not going to be easy but lot here won't know till they try. I've been lucky enough to make few friends who are happy to help, an been there done it attitude an still will not be easy but sure with little bit help it'll turn out ok an will add u to list of people to contact for advice. An cant be that bad if your going back, guess not everyone gets screwed over, see how it goes.

Sparkie65 Apr 9th 2012 8:50 am

hi Mona Lisa 69 lot of it was not doing our home work and checking out the company.apart from that it was good experiance out there hence why we are going back and for good this time fingers crossed

Mona Lisa 69 Apr 9th 2012 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Sparkie65 (Post 9995904)
hi Mona Lisa 69 lot of it was not doing our home work and checking out the company.apart from that it was good experiance out there hence why we are going back and for good this time fingers crossed

------------------------

Wish you well fingers crossed for ya too an us. See what happens taking rough with the smooth.

flat to the mat Apr 9th 2012 9:47 pm

The pair of you need to "wind yer necks in"somewhat.While you may be brim full of excitement and enthusiasm,if you're not by now you never will be,please remember that just about anybody with a pulse can get a driving position with Loblaws,they are that desperate for drivers.Not that they are a bad company,just that there simply aren't enough people in the area to fill the vacancies.Before you ask,Trevor offered me a start with them well over a year ago.
Did a couple of Winnipegs this weekend,coming back empty after the first run was eventful,so much ice on the highway that my truck and trailer were bouncing in all directions,even saw a snow plough in the ditch.
Please keep posting after arrival,it'll make good entertainment later in the year,LOL. Hope all goes well though.

flat to the mat Apr 10th 2012 5:26 am

Originally Posted by dustyhoward (Post 9995206)
Hello sparkle I'm dusty Howard I'm going with loblaws in June July likeyourself don't listen to the children
All doom and gloom I will listen to you come and have a chat

Sums it up nicely,read and weep :banghead:

man240utd Apr 10th 2012 5:20 pm

hi all

Hi Sparkie, I have sent you a PM. Cheers.

mickfly Apr 10th 2012 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by dustyhoward (Post 9994603)
Get your fact straight bubba my wife is going with me

Doesn't look like it from what was posted earlier, she must know that you aren't a realist, and will be back quickly.

bobthedog Apr 10th 2012 7:32 pm

I hate to add my own golden shower to your little parade but you are way beyond foolish guys.

So listen for once in your lives. You have ignored, insulted and ridiculed the only regular contributors to this forum. Between the 3 of them and myself, we top 20 years driving in Canada. Between us we have seen the very best and very worst of situations. We have all driven in all conditions for a variety of firms and, through our different natures and wishes and situations, have managed very well.

Yet you are slamming Dave for telling you to spit out your doobies and sober up. You insinuate that he, Mark, et al, are either deluded or lying. You don't seem able to add up either. You suggest that continued life as trolley dollies will earn you more than top flight long haul.

Hate to say it, but you maybe should stay at your union shop gigs in the UK. The unions always look after fools who expect more than they deserve.

To illustrate a point for you. On the winter roads a Saskatoon to Garden Hill paid me $1600. I could do the rounder in under 4 days. So 2 a week was possible in optimum conditions but not something worth trying. My current job does turn $1600 and I turn that in a week, but it is right at the limit of my hours and is hard going.

So grow up. Go to Asda. They sell lives there in the vegetable aisle. I think that suits you.

dave_lol66 Apr 11th 2012 1:15 am

Originally Posted by bobthedog (Post 9998898)
I hate to add my own golden shower to your little parade but you are way beyond foolish guys.

So listen for once in your lives. You have ignored, insulted and ridiculed the only regular contributors to this forum. Between the 3 of them and myself, we top 20 years driving in Canada. Between us we have seen the very best and very worst of situations. We have all driven in all conditions for a variety of firms and, through our different natures and wishes and situations, have managed very well.

Yet you are slamming Dave for telling you to spit out your doobies and sober up. You insinuate that he, Mark, et al, are either deluded or lying. You don't seem able to add up either. You suggest that continued life as trolley dollies will earn you more than top flight long haul.

Hate to say it, but you maybe should stay at your union shop gigs in the UK. The unions always look after fools who expect more than they deserve.

To illustrate a point for you. On the winter roads a Saskatoon to Garden Hill paid me $1600. I could do the rounder in under 4 days. So 2 a week was possible in optimum conditions but not something worth trying. My current job does turn $1600 and I turn that in a week, but it is right at the limit of my hours and is hard going.

So grow up. Go to Asda. They sell lives there in the vegetable aisle. I think that suits you.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Sums it up nicely I think :rofl::rofl: