British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   Loblaw (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/loblaw-749906/)

dustyhoward Apr 3rd 2012 9:27 am

Re: Loblaw

Chicken you must be a chicken you don't do nights you aren't even in Canada are you bubba

dustyhoward Apr 3rd 2012 9:50 am

Originally Posted by cmetty41 (Post 9985689)
Well for all you doubters out there,here is a fact.I have been in touch with Geordie at Loblaws by E mail.He has promise me the guys who go there in the near future will be doing the Winnipeg run.The average wage will be $1600 A WEEK.not $700 or less as stated by other doubters on here.He also stated that the least you could earn would be around $1400 a week.I have it in writing guys.So people like Big Truck have got it all so wrong.Maybe BT would like to tell us all how his job at Henderson's is going as I have a few friends there and guess waht They are sick of the shit work and listening to bull from pat in the tpt office.

Hi cmetty ignore the children they aren't even real truckers I'm probably going in July u?

cmetty41 Apr 3rd 2012 10:51 am

Originally Posted by dustyhoward (Post 9986591)
Hi cmetty ignore the children they aren't even real truckers I'm probably going in July u?

Yes mate it would be July for me as well and if all works out my Wife will be over as well.

grant r Apr 3rd 2012 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Chicken lights and chrome (Post 9986495)
No I do not work for Loblaws, I doubt I ever will, in fact I wouldn't even consider it if the money was as you say it is, no point in taking that big of a paycut unless I've won the lottery and want to work for the fun of it and dragging a lorry around Western Canada all winter long is not my idea of fun, especially at night.

The text I quoted came direct from the recruiter at Loblaws FFS, do you not understand the Queen's English? The man who is recruiting drivers for Loblaws has posted the wages on another site, I copied and pasted his words exactly as he typed them, no trickery involved, no opinion, just what he typed out, you cannot get more simple than that!

If they have raised the money considerably from what they were offering, then it may not be such a bad job, but I've seen no proof of that yet, so it's over to you, copy and paste the job offer you have and the proof of the wages and we can see for ourselves.

So you lived in Canada with the Army for a bit, well good for you, but it means nothing, I once lived in a converted stable, it doesn't make me a horse:rofl:

I once lived in a converted stable, it doesn't make me a horse:rofl:[/QUOTE]
Now thats funny!! 😄😄

dustyhoward Apr 3rd 2012 11:55 am

We are trying to sort out my wife to go too what joy have you had for getting your spouse over there

cmetty41 Apr 3rd 2012 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by dustyhoward (Post 9986773)
We are trying to sort out my wife to go too what joy have you had for getting your spouse over there

You will find it easier once you get to Canada mate Loblaws help you sort it out.

flat to the mat Apr 3rd 2012 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by dustyhoward (Post 9986591)

There's being green,and there's being stupid,you guys are making yourselves out to be the latter.
Between CLAC,Dave and myself we probably have 15/16 years experience of truck driving over here,North and South of the border,and during that time have seen and heard all sorts of horror stories regarding new drivers/immigration,some self inflicted some not.Our help and advice is here for the taking,you're all making a big move and if it doesn't work as planned/expected will be up #### Creek without a paddle.
I will try to get a breakdown on pay structure later today.I find $1600 per week a tad hopeful,as Loblaws have been advertising in trucking mags for drivers based in Toronto(higher cost of living etc) where they're offering $18/hr !!
In the meantime,may I suggest you be a little less hasty with the insults,you may want our help sooner than you might think.

dave_lol66 Apr 3rd 2012 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by flat to the mat (Post 9986949)
There's being green,and there's being stupid,you guys are making yourselves out to be the latter.
Between CLAC,Dave and myself we probably have 15/16 years experience of truck driving over here,North and South of the border,and during that time have seen and heard all sorts of horror stories regarding new drivers/immigration,some self inflicted some not.Our help and advice is here for the taking,you're all making a big move and if it doesn't work as planned/expected will be up #### Creek without a paddle.
I will try to get a breakdown on pay structure later today.I find $1600 per week a tad hopeful,as Loblaws have been advertising in trucking mags for drivers based in Toronto(higher cost of living etc) where they're offering $18/hr !!
In the meantime,may I suggest you be a little less hasty with the insults,you may want our help sooner than you might think.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

cmetty41 Apr 3rd 2012 2:08 pm

I appreciate your help but I am not insulting anyone mate.I have posted on here an E -Mail from the Transport Manager stating the pay.I can also let you know that we will be paid $18 per hour during our 1st 4 weeks of training.Provided with a nice hotel at our own expense,until we find our own property.I am going with what the manager has told me,again I am still waiting to hear any bad feedback from a Loblaws Driver.Surely if it was as bad as some people on here are making it out to be ex employees would be on here telling all.

dave_lol66 Apr 3rd 2012 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by cmetty41 (Post 9986967)
I appreciate your help but I am not insulting anyone mate.I have posted on here an E -Mail from the Transport Manager stating the pay.I can also let you know that we will be paid $18 per hour during our 1st 4 weeks of training.Provided with a nice hotel at our own expense,until we find our own property.I am going with what the manager has told me,again I am still waiting to hear any bad feedback from a Loblaws Driver.Surely if it was as bad as some people on here are making it out to be ex employees would be on here telling all.

So how much contact have you had with loblaws drivers? How much good feedback have you had? From what you have posted on here the sum total of your research has been with BG ffs. Hardly unbiased is it :D
Like I said before you are being so naive it makes kindergarten look a good place for your research.
According to your research and figures you are coming to Canada to start work with one of the highest paid jobs here :blink: that's why they have so many cowboys with wrap around Stetsons working for them and have to recruit from abroad :rofl: you are coming here in the very same way poles invaded Britain, with no idea what you are getting yourselves into. Your postings have proved you know nothing about the job, the immigration process or the country :eek:
Good luck :rofl:

Mona Lisa 69 Apr 3rd 2012 2:27 pm

Personally I think this thread has got a bit out of hand.

OK there are some UK people who are maybe looking through rose tinted glasses but sure this has been done before. I guess they need to take the plunge and if all goes wrong they only have themselves to blame. Be prepared for the worst, so if does happen, it's not end of the world.

I am also sure that there are some Canadian's out there that are trying to give some good sound advice as well and have been doing this job for a long time. UK people don't always take advice very well either, so again it's only advice - you don't have to listen to it if you don't want to and if you start getting aggressive with the other person it gets all blown out of proportion.

Boils down to if your prepared to put in the work and enjoy what you do - no job perfect! Well again this is just an opinion.

An all you can do which I've been told loadsa times - Research, Research, Research. Listen to the what people are saying to you but end of day it is down to the individual what they want out of life and what they want to do.

Well think enough said and hopefully all on here will try and be a bit nicer to each other. :)

Chicken lights and chrome Apr 3rd 2012 2:35 pm

I think that when you arrive in Canada you should get down to the nearest resturaunt and order yourself a big portion of Humble Pie:thumbdown:

My quote from Loblaws and your quote from Loblaws are two completely different things, you may notice that your quote doesn't actually mention the $23p/h or 53cpm you think you'll be earning, coincidentally neither does the quote I posted:eek:

You also say you will be provided with a Hotel at your own expense, DOH! If you're paying for it they ain't providing anything are they:sneaky:

Also there are no Loblaws drivers to talk to, they've only been doing their own transport for a short while, prior to that they subbed everything out:eek:

man240utd Apr 3rd 2012 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by flat to the mat (Post 9985520)
What a pair of numbnuts :rofl: "That" video does reflect the real Regina,it was produced by a mate of mine,and paid for by the Saskatchewan Tourist Board,publicity stunt pah !! :D
Anyhow,shouldn't you both be at work ?

Which video are you guys talking about?:confused:

dave_lol66 Apr 3rd 2012 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by man240utd (Post 9987028)
Which video are you guys talking about?:confused:

Debbie does Regina ;)

man240utd Apr 3rd 2012 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by dave_lol66 (Post 9987035)
Debbie does Regina ;)

come on Dave, seriously.