Loblaw

Old Apr 2nd 2012, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

cmetty41 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Loblaw

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Perhaps you could lend me a string from your Banjo ?
Well for all you doubters out there,here is a fact.I have been in touch with Geordie at Loblaws by E mail.He has promise me the guys who go there in the near future will be doing the Winnipeg run.The average wage will be $1600 A WEEK.not $700 or less as stated by other doubters on here.He also stated that the least you could earn would be around $1400 a week.I have it in writing guys.So people like Big Truck have got it all so wrong.Maybe BT would like to tell us all how his job at Henderson's is going as I have a few friends there and guess waht They are sick of the shit work and listening to bull from pat in the tpt office.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Good for you,but why quote my dig at the rednecks in Manitoba ?
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Good for you,but why quote my dig at the rednecks in Manitoba ?
and the quotes he should have been quoting were not from BT but from BG himself on another forum
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

Chicken lights and chrome is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by dave_lol66
and the quotes he should have been quoting were not from BT but from BG himself on another forum
I qutoted Big Geordie verbatim, seems that there are none so blind as those that won't see

The fact that Loblaws are quoting totally different pay structures and take home earnings is cause for concern, we ain't talking about just changing jobs here, we're talking about moving half way around the world, be a good idea to make sure you were hearing the truth before making such a big move.

And FTTM, you have such a pretty mouth boy, so you can have a banjo string anytime you want
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 8:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cmetty41
I have it in writing guys.
I have no idea about trucking, wages, etc, but a word of warning - even if you've got it in writing in an employment contract, it'll mean diddly squat in Canada. Unfortunately, on a TWP you have even less rights than a normal Canadian worker, here's a recent thread from the main Canada forum from a couple of people who've been screwed over whilst on a TWP.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=745858

As I said, not a clue about trucking, but plenty of threads in the main Canada forums about people on TWP's being made redundant or being promised one thing in a contract and receiving another, so really don't rely on anything you get told, even if it is in writing.

Good luck with it all.

Old Apr 2nd 2012, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Well for all you doubters out there,here is a fact.I have been in touch with Geordie at Loblaws by E mail.He has promise me the guys who go there in the near future will be doing the Winnipeg run.The average wage will be $1600 A WEEK.not $700 or less as stated by other doubters on here.He also stated that the least you could earn would be around $1400 a week.I have it in writing guys.So people like Big Truck have got it all so wrong.Maybe BT would like to tell us all how his job at Henderson's is going as I have a few friends there and guess waht They are sick of the shit work and listening to bull from pat in the tpt office.

I QUOTED EXACTLY what BG said you would TAKE HOME AFTER TAX on the other forum for a weeks work "ON AVERAGE".

Hendersons is ok,
just like any other trucking outfit in NI, started@ 545am this morning and drove out of the transport carpark home@ 230pm.
On average I would say they are the best paid "store delivery" drivers in NI, except of course what few full time Tesco drivers are left.

Pat works the late shift and I'm on days, not too fussed on the bonus pay system though!!!
One thing for sure your NEVER bored!!!

My txt is still fairly busy from Lee@ Jark and Janice@ Grafton on Thursdays, sure the Tesco/Sainsburys work is a doodle.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chicken lights and chrome
I qutoted Big Geordie verbatim, seems that there are none so blind as those that won't see

The fact that Loblaws are quoting totally different pay structures and take home earnings is cause for concern, we ain't talking about just changing jobs here, we're talking about moving half way around the world, be a good idea to make sure you were hearing the truth before making such a big move.

And FTTM, you have such a pretty mouth boy, so you can have a banjo string anytime you want
URGH
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

Think about this for one moment.....This thread started with a question on Loblaws, yet every person who has expressed any doubt over them has been told they don't know what they're talking about

The thing is, apart from BT, the rest of us have actually been through the immigration process and we might have a few things to say on the subject that could be very useful to anyone thinking of doing the same, so you'll find that you'll learn a lot more by listening to what they have to say than by telling them that they're wrong, when you know absoloutely SFA about Canada other than what you've been told by a recruiter

If you want to come on here as an expert, or you want to be told what you want to hear, well my pedigree chums, you're in the wrong place, however if you have real questions and you want real answers, you may find this a good place to be
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I have no idea about trucking, wages, etc, but a word of warning - even if you've got it in writing in an employment contract, it'll mean diddly squat in Canada. Unfortunately, on a TWP you have even less rights than a normal Canadian worker, here's a recent thread from the main Canada forum from a couple of people who've been screwed over whilst on a TWP.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=745858

As I said, not a clue about trucking, but plenty of threads in the main Canada forums about people on TWP's being made redundant or being promised one thing in a contract and receiving another, so really don't rely on anything you get told, even if it is in writing.

Good luck with it all.

As a cross border or interstate/provincial trucker the employer is not even required by law to issue a contract so they are practically worthless.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 1:29 am
BE Enthusiast

I'll go in there tomorrow and get a proper breakdown on the wage structure,will post here on return.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

Think about this for one moment.....This thread started with a question on Loblaws, yet every person who has expressed any doubt over them has been told they don't know what they're talking about

The thing is, apart from BT, the rest of us have actually been through the immigration process and we might have a few things to say on the subject that could be very useful to anyone thinking of doing the same, so you'll find that you'll learn a lot more by listening to what they have to say than by telling them that they're wrong, when you know absoloutely SFA about Canada other than what you've been told by a recruiter

If you want to come on here as an expert, or you want to be told what you want to hear, well my pedigree chums, you're in the wrong place, however if you have real questions and you want real answers, you may find this a good place to be
Well chicken could you tell me this.When and how long did you work for Loblaws? Or are you also just listening to others.As of yet I have not heard from one Driver who actually works at or worked for Loblaws.Maybe that is Because they are all happy with the work they are doing.And asfor knowing nothing about Canada I spent many many months down in Medicine Hat in the nice cold weather several times during my Army Days.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

dustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nice

Hi cmetty ignore the children they aren't even real truckers I'm probably going in July u?
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

Well chicken could you tell me this.When and how long did you work for Loblaws? Or are you also just listening to others.As of yet I have not heard from one Driver who actually works at or worked for Loblaws.Maybe that is Because they are all happy with the work they are doing.And asfor knowing nothing about Canada I spent many many months down in Medicine Hat in the nice cold weather several times during my Army Days.
No I do not work for Loblaws, I doubt I ever will, in fact I wouldn't even consider it if the money was as you say it is, no point in taking that big of a paycut unless I've won the lottery and want to work for the fun of it and dragging a lorry around Western Canada all winter long is not my idea of fun, especially at night.

The text I quoted came direct from the recruiter at Loblaws FFS, do you not understand the Queen's English? The man who is recruiting drivers for Loblaws has posted the wages on another site, I copied and pasted his words exactly as he typed them, no trickery involved, no opinion, just what he typed out, you cannot get more simple than that!

If they have raised the money considerably from what they were offering, then it may not be such a bad job, but I've seen no proof of that yet, so it's over to you, copy and paste the job offer you have and the proof of the wages and we can see for ourselves.

So you lived in Canada with the Army for a bit, well good for you, but it means nothing, I once lived in a converted stable, it doesn't make me a horse
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

No I do not work for Loblaws, I doubt I ever will, in fact I wouldn't even consider it if the money was as you say it is, no point in taking that big of a paycut unless I've won the lottery and want to work for the fun of it and dragging a lorry around Western Canada all winter long is not my idea of fun, especially at night.

The text I quoted came direct from the recruiter at Loblaws FFS, do you not understand the Queen's English? The man who is recruiting drivers for Loblaws has posted the wages on another site, I copied and pasted his words exactly as he typed them, no trickery involved, no opinion, just what he typed out, you cannot get more simple than that!

If they have raised the money considerably from what they were offering, then it may not be such a bad job, but I've seen no proof of that yet, so it's over to you, copy and paste the job offer you have and the proof of the wages and we can see for ourselves.

So you lived in Canada with the Army for a bit, well good for you, but it means nothing, I once lived in a converted stable, it doesn't make me a horse
Congratulations fella, glad you sent the private email, I don’t look at the BTA forum anymore got fed up with people slagging me off that don’t know me or the job but never mind.

Pay the pay for you guys will be higher as we will have you running to Winnipeg and back, obviously I cannot give exacts as everyone’s tax payments etc are different, but it should work out at the $1600 on top per week, the example I gave on the forum was a two week average pay.

Nice areas to live? Do you want in town or out? I can give you a run down but if you can let me know what you want as a commute, size etc can help you more.

Here is a link for SGI, this is a Crown company that does all the licenses and Insurance, study the drivers hand book, brake test and class1. You used to have to take the written for all class’s when I came over not sure if you still have to or not.

Hopefully that answers all, if you need any more help just ask.

Congratulations again, and look forward to meeting and working with you,

All the best,

Shaun Hanson
Assistant Manager, Transportation Group, Regina DC 34

This was the E mail I received from The Assistant TPT manager for you to see.FACTS talk

2101 Fleming Road, Regina Saskatchewan, S4M 0A1

T306)781-1405 F306)781-1487 [email protected]
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dustyhoward
Hi cmetty ignore the children they aren't even real truckers I'm probably going in July u?
Hi Dusty have a read of the copied E Mail I sent to chicken mate.Have you heard anymore from them yet???All my paperwork is in London now mate,so it's just a waiting game now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.