Loblaw

Old Mar 2nd 2012, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

grant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nice
Default Re: Loblaw

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Who mentioned city work ? The Regina RDC covers Western Canada,from Thunder Bay to Vancouver Island,shifts won't be classed as longhaul but it's definately not city work.
The SK government want the new GTH to succeed that much that they're bending the rules to enable employers to recruit enough staff,because there's nowhere near enough here at the moment.Lanes are being subbed out to some dubious companies from Calgary,which isn't working out at all.and respectable operations like Trappers and H&R are running the excess turnpike switches.
This might be a daft question but what do you mean by "lanes" and "turnpike switches"? Thanks.
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

If you run a certain lane, it's basically doing the same run everytime.
Turnpike switches in this case would be running say between Winnipeg & Calgary with 2 trailers (turnpike doubles) but you can't do it in one day so you'd meet & switch trailers with a driver coming the other way.
Turnpikes in the US means toll roads but not in Canada.
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

grant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nice

Originally Posted by neilg14
If you run a certain lane, it's basically doing the same run everytime.
Turnpike switches in this case would be running say between Winnipeg & Calgary with 2 trailers (turnpike doubles) but you can't do it in one day so you'd meet & switch trailers with a driver coming the other way.
Turnpikes in the US means toll roads but not in Canada.
Oh i get ya, thanks for the explanation
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 12:48 am
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by grant r
Why gremmie? I sent the bloke a private pm cos he lives in my home town and i let him know on here, then i get told to share on here cos its a forum?? So what have i done wrong??
No you didn't get told to do anything, I asked that you share,(I even said please) info which would be useful to other people on this forum about trucking abroad.
Keep it private if you like, no problem.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 1:13 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickfly
No you didn't get told to do anything, I asked that you share,(I even said please) info which would be useful to other people on this forum about trucking abroad.
Keep it private if you like, no problem.
Why the interest MF ? You certainly wouldn't want to be a trolley dolly for Loblaws,would mean rubbing shoulders with the Hit&Run faithful
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 3:17 am
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Why the interest MF ? You certainly wouldn't want to be a trolley dolly for Loblaws,would mean rubbing shoulders with the Hit&Run faithful
LOL, true, but there may be others who are interested.

I have landed a job with a decent honest company, with plenty of miles (at good rates), and always a re-load planned before I am clear.
There are many other positive things about the job/company as well.

There is no comparison whatsoever with the dishonest thieving gypos at H&R!
Old Mar 4th 2012, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

dustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nice

Is it worth taking the job at loblaws they are offering 500 miles a shift
Old Mar 4th 2012, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dustyhoward
Is it worth taking the job at loblaws they are offering 500 miles a shift
Only you can answer that one !!
Old Mar 7th 2012, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

MrYak is an unknown quantity at this point

As I understand it, to the LMO people Long Haul means Cross Border, or Inter Province.
As the Loblaws job encompasses Inter Province work then it does qualify for LMO & PNP if you wish to take that up.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

cmetty41 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had an Interview with them in March in Dublin.Got a job offer just waiting to hear back from them,they sound a good company to work for.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

dustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nice

I had an interview in London 2 weeks ago and Friday
They asked me for my birth certificate and police check form so i guess they are interested
Old Mar 20th 2012, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

What they offered me was great job sounds really good
Old Mar 20th 2012, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

cmetty41 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes Mate sounds good Have you heard back from them yet?????
Old Mar 20th 2012, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

Not yet maybe they are waiting for me to send my police check form when I get it back from the police I'm really up for going it would be nice to know if they definitely want me
Old Mar 20th 2012, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

Regina isn't a busy place but I've been told it's an ok place are you going to take the job??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.