Loblaw

Old May 12th 2013, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

dustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nice
Default Re: Loblaw

I've had a really good time with loblaw harsh winter but not the end of the world with the help of everyone at loblaw we got through it without any issues
Old May 12th 2013, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

dustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nice

As I've been reading previous messages campers especially on page 58 getting very bitter towards each other as Mona Lisa says contact the recruiter they are very helpful and as the mitzboy says chillout let's help each other not slate
My job to a lot of regular campers on here is boring but I enjoy what I do pulling pykes earning enough money for me and my wife to live on enjoying the life Canada has to offer thanks to loblaw and as people say they are getting it right its a good job.
Some would find it boring or no challenge doing the same runs every day which is fair enough for them but for me it's a nice little job the money that certain people harp on about is not what I've come here for even though its a lot more than what I was earning in the UK.
The people I work for are nice people who I get on well with
It's nice to have new equipment to work with too its nice to be paid for for training which a lot of companies don't do
The job has given me a wonderful balance with work and home life and a good group of people to work with.
I'm one of those people who isn't here to earn a quick buck and F off I'm here for good
I like living in Regina yes it's not big it's quirky a little bit different and there is things to do ok you have to go and find things to do sometimes as they won't land in your lap and it can be a challenge if you don't have a car but there are things to do.
I work 6 on and have 2 off its ok its nights not days but that's ok too not everyone's cup of tea but each to their own
I do not earn 2400 a week but there are drivers who do I'm earning enough for me and the wife to live on
Old May 12th 2013, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

So my little message there hopefully will help some but probably not help those who are already here but I'm sure they will slate what I say but I expect it now on here with a certain few
If anyone wants to know more please ask but please be genuine interest thanks
Old May 12th 2013, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

So with that in mind why don't the regular campers tell everyone about their jobs and lives as you say it's not just about loblaw
Old May 12th 2013, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

Yes you can get PR with working for loblaw mine is coming along nicely its not finished yet it will take another year to get done but its government and they do love to take their time but hey ho
Old May 12th 2013, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dustyhoward
As I've been reading previous messages campers especially on page 58 getting very bitter towards each other as Mona Lisa says contact the recruiter they are very helpful and as the mitzboy says chillout let's help each other not slate
My job to a lot of regular campers on here is boring but I enjoy what I do pulling pykes earning enough money for me and my wife to live on enjoying the life Canada has to offer thanks to loblaw and as people say they are getting it right its a good job.
Some would find it boring or no challenge doing the same runs every day which is fair enough for them but for me it's a nice little job the money that certain people harp on about is not what I've come here for even though its a lot more than what I was earning in the UK.
It's nice to have new equipment to work with too its nice to be paid for for training which a lot of companies don't do
The job has given me a wonderful balance with work and home life and a good group of people to work with.
I'm one of those people who isn't here to earn a quick buck and F off I'm here for good
I like living in Regina yes it's not big it's quirky a little bit different and there is things to do ok you have to go and find things to do sometimes as they won't land in your lap and it can be a challenge if you don't have a car but there are things to do.
I work 6 on and have 2 off its ok its nights not days but that's ok too not everyone's cup of tea but each to their own
I do not earn 2400 a week but there are drivers who do I'm earning enough for me and the wife to live on
I'm sure this post will be appreciated by people who were asking for info.

If you had posted this way back you would have saved yourself some grief and not needed to insult anybody.
Old May 12th 2013, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

northboy is an unknown quantity at this point

.am not just after big money me self ,just a nice happy way of life for me and my girls life is not all about cash falling from your wallet is it , big flash car big massive home .as long as we are all together and happy that's me more than happy , or is that what some people want big flash debt and the worry that go,s with it .i know one thing its not for me ., cheers dusty for the honest reply means a lot thanks ,
Old May 12th 2013, 6:15 pm
Just Joined

cocker is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northboy

.am not just after big money me self ,just a nice happy way of life for me and my girls life is not all about cash falling from your wallet is it , big flash car big massive home .as long as we are all together and happy that's me more than happy , or is that what some people want big flash debt and the worry that go,s with it .i know one thing its not for me ., cheers dusty for the honest reply means a lot thanks ,
It’s no good going that far if you just want to be happy and contented and not have a wage that improves your standard of living, and not going to give you a lot more than what you had before.
A person might as well stay in UK on benefit if that’s the case happy wont pay bills; you’re going to be working so hard with the long hours you better make sure you get a lot more than you have now. Nobody will be happy if you’re out working long hours and just getting a living out of it.
One I assume makes the big jump to get a better quality of life and if that means borrowing to buy material things so be it, you have to be earning to do that so nothing wrong with that, it's what makes the world go round.

Last edited by cocker; May 12th 2013 at 6:30 pm.
Old May 12th 2013, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

It must be very hard doing 6 on with 2 off - 12 to 14 hour shifts, are you home every night or are there one or two over nights and are you pulling pykes all the time. Some times you get a better sleep on a over night in a truck when your are doing six in a row.
Old May 12th 2013, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

I don't do 14 hour shift its a stress free 6 on 2 off is fine working for loblaw with the job I do I'm home every night in pretty good time plenty of rest not working my ass off and the life I have is comfortable and a big improvement
And as you talk about living on benefits in the uk that is one of the reasons why I moved here because I worked hard every day in the uk for low pay and helping to pay for scroungers who spend day after day doing nothing and then they expect to be paid for it I have morals I want to work in a country where you are appreciated for the job you do and you may not be aware but you will never be rich working for someone else but the job I do is a big improvement on my life
Old May 12th 2013, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

I get appreciated at loblaw for what I contribute its a good place to work
Old May 12th 2013, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

I don't do 14 hour shift its a stress free 6 on 2 off is fine working for loblaw with the job I do I'm home every night in pretty good time plenty of rest not working my ass off and the life I have is comfortable and a big improvement
And as you talk about living on benefits in the uk that is one of the reasons why I moved here because I worked hard every day in the uk for low pay and helping to pay for scroungers who spend day after day doing nothing and then they expect to be paid for it I have morals I want to work in a country where you are appreciated for the job you do and you may not be aware but you will never be rich working for someone else but the job I do is a big improvement on my life
I never said you should go there to get rich; I live in the real world but if you’re happy with your job and your life, and earning much better money than you were in UK then in my book you are a lot richer than you were before, so looks like you are richer working for some one else.
The benefit thing was just an example, that you can be happy anywhere. If you’re going to move you just expect to get a lot more than you had before, that’s the whole point
Old May 12th 2013, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

I get appreciated at loblaw for what I contribute its a good place to work
Sounds like you found the perfect job for yourself, no overnights, no long distance, and home every night, stress free and plenty of rest and getting well paid, and a good company to work for (WOW).
Hang on to that with your life, you know what they say good things never last, that’s just from my own experience hope it does for you
Old May 13th 2013, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

Being happy on benefits that's not a life
I am happier where I am a lot happier the Canadian dream does work
Old May 13th 2013, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

I give up; it’s like talking to a wall.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.