Loblaw

Old Apr 28th 2013, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

northboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Loblaw

Originally Posted by russjp
Yes thanks I am working for Loblaws and am enjoying the way of life here, I've now got regular scheduled trips every week which are a short trip to Virden on Mondays to do a changeover then back to Regina which is about a 9-10 hour shift and then I'm doing a run to Edmonton on Tuesday and the same on Thursday which is a 10 hour drive (in normal conditions) and then back the following night with every weekend off and only 2 days away per week, I'm more than happy with that and consider myself quite lucky to not be away for weeks at a time like some of the guys on here. What people need to realize is that the transport side of Loblaws is a relatively new project and there is a learning curve which we are all following from the top of the chain all the way down but the management are fair and approachable and take on board any input we may have regarding the work/runs. As I've said before you can't please everyone all of the time but as I came here with my wife and son, working for Loblaws is an ideal scenario as I can earn a living wage and still get quality time at home
sounds ok that russjp its nice to hear some thing from you that put the loblaw job on people wish list..whats the pay like then. feel free to PM me but also feel free not to answer it either.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a good pattern , especially with weekends at home .
How are you liking Regina ? Now you'll be able to see this place at it's finest , bought your Rider shirt yet ?
Old Apr 29th 2013, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

russjp will become famous soon enoughrussjp will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Sounds like a good pattern , especially with weekends at home .
How are you liking Regina ? Now you'll be able to see this place at it's finest , bought your Rider shirt yet ?
Not yet mate but I'm sure it'll happen, already been in th store and they have some good quality gear. We are getting settled in nicely now and slowly finding our feet :-)
Old Apr 29th 2013, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

cocker is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by russjp
Yes thanks I am working for Loblaws and am enjoying the way of life here, I've now got regular scheduled trips every week which are a short trip to Virden on Mondays to do a changeover then back to Regina which is about a 9-10 hour shift and then I'm doing a run to Edmonton on Tuesday and the same on Thursday which is a 10 hour drive (in normal conditions) and then back the following night with every weekend off and only 2 days away per week, I'm more than happy with that and consider myself quite lucky to not be away for weeks at a time like some of the guys on here. What people need to realize is that the transport side of Loblaws is a relatively new project and there is a learning curve which we are all following from the top of the chain all the way down but the management are fair and approachable and take on board any input we may have regarding the work/runs. As I've said before you can't please everyone all of the time but as I came here with my wife and son, working for Loblaws is an ideal scenario as I can earn a living wage and still get quality time at home
That sounds good a nice set run and the weekends off, (as for the money) you must be able to have a good living out of it otherwise you would be doing a lot more shifts or a longer shift makes sense.
I don’t understand why some people want to know your salary, if your getting a living out of it and your better off than the UK you’re on a win win, everybody is different some want long hours big money, some just want a living, I know the cost of living is higher than UK but some people seem to forget that the money is so bad for a truck driver in the UK.
At least you’re getting a feel for what the truck driver job is like there, and down the road if you want to go for the big money you will be able to, but it seems the difference between your dollar and there dollar is very small. Stick to what you’re doing it sounds the perfect job; I would say some of them would bite your arm off for it.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

People are interested in the salary because they want to know whether it's worth upping sticks for and moving half way around the globe at a considerable expense , starting from scratch again to be no better off financially than they already are would be my guess .
Old Apr 30th 2013, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

northboy is an unknown quantity at this point

People are interested in the salary because they want to know whether it's worth upping sticks for and moving half way around the globe at a considerable expense , starting from scratch again to be no better off financially than they already are would be my guess .
you got that in one flat to the mat i don't mine the long hard shifts but i wouldn't what to drag my ass half way around the world to find my self worst off .its not all about me . am thinking about my two kids and the wife having summit i never had .England really has NOTHING TO OFFER me and my family any more. come to think of it. it never has really .iv payed in to the system all my working days just to keep the imports well feels like it any way . getting back to pay . are you stress free, knowing you have enough to have days out plus holidays, i really don't expect to live the high life just need to be comfortable knowing you have a few $$ in the bank for ya never know what go,s wrong in life co's it some times will , also whats schooling like for under 10's . dogs and renting do the two go together. and whats a comfortable amount of cash to bring over with you to get you up and running until you have sorted all the theory'driver tests out and your earning the dollars ,do loblaws have some where for you to live for the first weeks or is that down to your self to sort out etc etc

Last edited by northboy; Apr 30th 2013 at 8:55 am.
Old Apr 30th 2013, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

From experience , we rented a house in Lakeview within 4 days of arriving and having a dog wasn't an issue , a great school there also . Most utility companies want a deposit up front which is an unforeseen expense . We rented a car for the first week until we had time to buy one .
Have you priced flying the dog(s) ? , see the main forum for more info . IIRC we bought $10,000 in cash to tide us over , and used HSBC to transfer savings over for larger purchases , cars etc .
This was 2005 , and the exchange was $ 1.92 to the pound or thereabouts .
Old May 3rd 2013, 10:30 am
Just Joined

cocker is an unknown quantity at this point

If you go to Canada as a truck driver do you have to surrender your UK driving licence?
Like will you still hold your UK and also have a Canadian licence, so if you ever came back to the UK You don’t have to do any exchange.
Old May 3rd 2013, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

spacemonkey will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by cocker
If you go to Canada as a truck driver do you have to surrender your UK driving licence?
Like will you still hold your UK and also have a Canadian licence, so if you ever came back to the UK You don’t have to do any exchange.
Yes

and

No
Old May 6th 2013, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cocker
Depends on the Province , as I still have a current UK license in my wallet .
Old May 6th 2013, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Pretty sure it's illegal to have two licences
Old May 6th 2013, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

HeadingNorth is an unknown quantity at this point

Depends on the Province , as I still have a current UK license in my wallet .
It's illegal to hold both in Alberta.
Saskatchewan don't care-not too sure on the other provinces you'll have to look them up.

The UK would could consider it illegal!!!

Last edited by HeadingNorth; May 7th 2013 at 12:03 am.
Old May 7th 2013, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

Nikkinoo75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northboy
you got that in one flat to the mat i don't mine the long hard shifts but i wouldn't what to drag my ass half way around the world to find my self worst off .its not all about me . am thinking about my two kids and the wife having summit i never had .England really has NOTHING TO OFFER me and my family any more. come to think of it. it never has really .iv payed in to the system all my working days just to keep the imports well feels like it any way . getting back to pay . are you stress free, knowing you have enough to have days out plus holidays, i really don't expect to live the high life just need to be comfortable knowing you have a few $$ in the bank for ya never know what go,s wrong in life co's it some times will , also whats schooling like for under 10's . dogs and renting do the two go together. and whats a comfortable amount of cash to bring over with you to get you up and running until you have sorted all the theory'driver tests out and your earning the dollars ,do loblaws have some where for you to live for the first weeks or is that down to your self to sort out etc etc
Haven't seen the questions answered, so thought I would. My hubby flies out next Tuesday and accommodation is not provided - they provide you with details of a reasonable hotel but would work out expensive for anything but a few nights. We have managed to book him a room in a house for $600 per month. Loblaws do provide transportation to and from work whilst training for first three weeks or so and a hot meal whilst training. My hubby has been told that his first pay day will be paid within two weeks of arriving.

We will be renting a house when I join him with the kids in the summer and we are hoping to find somewhere that will allow our Labrador. I know of two Brits already renting in Regina who have been allowed their dogs.

We are just starting the process of moving over there and working for Loblaws but feel free to pm me with any questions. I have been grateful of info from people already over there myself, which has greatly reassured me that it is a good move.
Old May 12th 2013, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

dustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nice

The house I rent is $1900 a month all inclusive and furnished and big enough for me and the missus
Old May 12th 2013, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

dustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nice

Yes nikkinoo your hubby will get paid after the first 2 weeks of being here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.