Loblaw

Old Apr 18th 2013, 2:24 am
Forum Regular

Mona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really nice
Wink Re: Loblaw

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Nobody really knows on this forum what the job involves , hopefully more info might be forthcoming now another user is up and running . Loblaws don't do things half cocked without doubt , and the guys I know working there are mostly happy ,although they aren't running pikes , mainly shunting training docks and office , and all of them are either Canadian or have landed status via previous work.
DH seems to miss the point somewhat that this site is usually a font of knowledge for wannabe Canadian truck drivers more often than not coming out from Britain , yet has failed from day one to give any inside info to those interested in making the move and more relevantly what's involved trying to obtain PR whilst working for them .
Most regulars here are aware of what occurred in Alberta with the West Can boys not leaving the Province enough to count as "long haul drivers " , but the DH is still after 57 pages of insults reluctant to post details , how very freakin helpful is that ? Oh yeah , can you explain or give reason to the relevance of all the "camper " BS , maybe I 'm missing something but it means SFA to me ?
As previously said these truck drivers need to get a life! I really didn't realise Brits on ere were so bored an to be honest why don't people who WANT to work for Loblaw contact the so called AGENT recruiter who makes job sound so fabulous! Come on guys get a life! Loblaw doing ok they've recruited their drivers so few gone but don't tell me this don't happen in most companies no matter what country you are in. As I kept getting told when first on here do ya research don't listen to people on ere!!! Well I did an I very happy an I know my situation a was chance I took when come out here, nothing is simple life is full of challenges which in our house what we thrive on there are no problems just challenges now. Guys who slate Loblaw or even Regina then go somewhere else you have a choice! An if you want to know more info as said before contact the demon recruiter !!!!!! Enough said yet again, but you know what love to see some you guys work in an office the women would eat you alive with the boring stuff you keep asking. If you are bothered so much about Loblaw salary contact me sure I can point you in right direction of who to contact at Loblaw who can give you an idea.

So wish those who get what they want get an those that don't keep trying
Old Apr 18th 2013, 2:40 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Loblaw

Why quote my post then go off on one about guys slating both the job and Regina ? Neither of which I've done
Get hubby to post details of a weeks work , his immigration process to date , and I think you'll see a calming effect on here . Being constantly bombarded with abuse from a newbie does tend to irritate those that have been here a while and seen the best and worst things on offer from Canada .
Old Apr 18th 2013, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Mona Lisa 69
As previously said these truck drivers need to get a life! I really didn't realise Brits on ere were so bored an to be honest why don't people who WANT to work for Loblaw contact the so called AGENT recruiter who makes job sound so fabulous! Come on guys get a life! Loblaw doing ok they've recruited their drivers so few gone but don't tell me this don't happen in most companies no matter what country you are in. As I kept getting told when first on here do ya research don't listen to people on ere!!! Well I did an I very happy an I know my situation a was chance I took when come out here, nothing is simple life is full of challenges which in our house what we thrive on there are no problems just challenges now. Guys who slate Loblaw or even Regina then go somewhere else you have a choice! An if you want to know more info as said before contact the demon recruiter !!!!!! Enough said yet again, but you know what love to see some you guys work in an office the women would eat you alive with the boring stuff you keep asking. If you are bothered so much about Loblaw salary contact me sure I can point you in right direction of who to contact at Loblaw who can give you an idea.

So wish those who get what they want get an those that don't keep trying
That's the thing, many people have heard from an agent/recruiter how fabulous it is, but they want to know the truth from people actually doing the job. You say some have left the company... any idea why they didn't or couldn't make it work?
The childish one, unfortunately for you is your other half who just resorts to personal insults.
How about you? Do you see his wage slips, can you give a more accurate account than, "I earn 2,400 a fortnight, but you can earn 2,400 a week"?
Old Apr 18th 2013, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Mona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really nice

Originally Posted by mickfly
That's the thing, many people have heard from an agent/recruiter how fabulous it is, but they want to know the truth from people actually doing the job. You say some have left the company... any idea why they didn't or couldn't make it work?
The childish one, unfortunately for you is your other half who just resorts to personal insults.
How about you? Do you see his wage slips, can you give a more accurate account than, "I earn 2,400 a fortnight, but you can earn 2,400 a week"?
Yes I see my hubby's pay an spend most of it! An if you think what you think then go ahead seems people on here quick to judge but their right. An coming from office background don't know anyone that would quote their wages to the penny! As previously said ones on ere asking questions not interested in Loblaw an they have their quota so why should I care. An those that are serious about Loblaw have contacted them an some good guys there with such characters. So my piece said an done, an time for me personally to give this thread a miss as cant be dealing with it, an know the people who need help ask for it an get it
Old Apr 18th 2013, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Why quote my post then go off on one about guys slating both the job and Regina ? Neither of which I've done
Get hubby to post details of a weeks work , his immigration process to date , and I think you'll see a calming effect on here . Being constantly bombarded with abuse from a newbie does tend to irritate those that have been here a while and seen the best and worst things on offer from Canada .
I have my right same as you as you say To Go Off On One! Quoted your post as I can enough said! My right an wont again as sick hearing the speal of what wages you getting, recruiter will tell you what you want to hear, you won't get this you won't get that. As previously said I'm from office background so come from different world to truck driving an no one could pay me enough to be a truck driver as I couldn't deal with it. So sorry if offended or upset anyone but such is life an as my mum would say get on with it
Old Apr 18th 2013, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Yes I see my hubby's pay an spend most of it! An if you think what you think then go ahead seems people on here quick to judge but their right. An coming from office background don't know anyone that would quote their wages to the penny! As previously said ones on ere asking questions not interested in Loblaw an they have their quota so why should I care. An those that are serious about Loblaw have contacted them an some good guys there with such characters. So my piece said an done, an time for me personally to give this thread a miss as cant be dealing with it, an know the people who need help ask for it an get it
I quoted mine to the penny on another thread, straight from the T4, which may influence people one way or t'other to join the company I worked at. I could, on the other had as your hubby did, just say "you can earn CDN 2,400 a week.

Don't you see the point of the questioners wanting clarification?

They don't want to know your exact wages, but they are taking a massive risk bringing a family out to Canada if they expect to earn 124,000 PA as DH says you can at Loblaws (unless it's true).
Old Apr 18th 2013, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

I have my right same as you as you say To Go Off On One! Quoted your post as I can enough said! My right an wont again as sick hearing the speal of what wages you getting, recruiter will tell you what you want to hear, you won't get this you won't get that. As previously said I'm from office background so come from different world to truck driving an no one could pay me enough to be a truck driver as I couldn't deal with it. So sorry if offended or upset anyone but such is life an as my mum would say get on with it
You weren't offending anyone, your hubby was.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 1:35 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

<Sigh>

Please, last comment ... talk about the jobs rather than constantly jibe at each other .... you're all after the same thing so why not help each other rather than hinder!

Thank you
Old Apr 18th 2013, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

cocker is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dustyhoward
If they are a good company then great thats what im after i have looked and been promised a lot from other companies and given very little. I just want to make sure it's right for my family as that's what counts at the end of the day I know they will get commitment from me
As said by dusty on page one see above, this is what it should be about.
Flat to the mat is right there is no helpful Information coming back from dusty
about the job detail. You would think he would go out of his way to tell you about the job, the same way he himself got the reed on the job.
Nobody is looking for wage slips just the reed on what the job is about.
1- Hours of work.
2- How many breaks would you have to take on a 14-15 hour day.
3- Have you delivered to supermarkets, loblows back door.
4-How far is depot from home.
5-Are you driving pikes all the time, if so what are they like. Would they be like pulling a drag.
6-Is your days the same every week,same days same runs.
7-Do you have the same truck all the time.
8-What is dispatch like
9-Are you living well on wages, is it better than UK
10-Do you get paid every week or two weeks.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Loblaw

Originally Posted by cocker
As said by dusty on page one see above, this is what it should be about.
Flat to the mat is right there is no helpful Information coming back from dusty
about the job detail. You would think he would go out of his way to tell you about the job, the same way he himself got the reed on the job.
Nobody is looking for wage slips just the reed on what the job is about.
1- Hours of work.
5-Are you driving pikes all the time, if so what are they like. Would they be like pulling a drag.
8-What is dispatch like
Call Recruiter he can answer all these questions an sorry if you feel my hubby unhelpful! This post will close down soon anyway as it has got out of hand but I know prob 10 drivers who have found it helpful so it did some good
Old Apr 18th 2013, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

Call Recruiter he can answer all these questions an sorry if you feel my hubby unhelpful! This post will close down soon anyway as it has got out of hand but I know prob 10 drivers who have found it helpful so it did some good
Is that the kind of answer dusty got when he was looking for info.
Call the Recruiter, im sure he went looking for info after he talked to the Recruiter and got it. Thats the point of this post, by the way it is a very good post and i am glad some drivers got a lot from it, thats the point.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

MrYak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cocker
1- Hours of work.
- Start times range from 3pm to midnight, shifts 10 to 14 hrs.

- Dont have to take any if you don't want, no 45 minute rules here. The runs arnt so tight that you don't have time to stop for a break though, except one. :-)

- Yes, regularly.

- Takes me about 15-20 mins to get to the DC. It's about 5 miles out of town, you'll need your own transport, no buses.

- Pikes generally, also Rockies, occasionally singles, they handle pretty good, never pulled a drag so can't compare. Pikes, icy roads and wind are not a good combination though. It gets very windy here!

- I work Mon - Fri. Set run Mon - Thurs, Fri Is variable. I work 60 to 65 hours a Week.

- Yes

8-What is dispatch like
- No Complaints.

- For similar hours I earn more here than UK. Certainly nowhere near the 120k+ that has been banded about. But I'm quite happy earning what I do for the hours I do.

- Every 2 weeks, Quarterly safety bonus 1p per mile, Paid Bank holidays, 15 days holiday, also time and a half on BH's.
Very happy so far with my time at Loblaws, the winter has been a challenge at times, I'm pretty sick of it now, hopefully warmer weather is round the corner.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MrYak
Very happy so far with my time at Loblaws, the winter has been a challenge at times, I'm pretty sick of it now, hopefully warmer weather is round the corner.
Thank you for the answers that Information is brill.
Good to hear you are happy so far, did the winter been so bad ever make you think you might have made a mistake.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

MrYak is an unknown quantity at this point

This is my first experience of a Canadian winter. By all accounts it has been long and snowy but has only got really cold a couple of times (-30 ish)
I know Canada has tough winters so you expect it.
Made a mistake? No I don't think so.
Hopefully the next one won't be so bad.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MrYak
This is my first experience of a Canadian winter. By all accounts it has been long and snowy but has only got really cold a couple of times (-30 ish)
I know Canada has tough winters so you expect it.
Made a mistake? No I don't think so.
Hopefully the next one won't be so bad.
That's a Positive answer good for you. -30 I dont know how anybody is able to drive in that (Pikes) they must be experts at keeping the roads open

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.