Loblaw

Old Apr 8th 2013, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

Chicken lights and chrome is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Loblaw

Originally Posted by Born_to_fish_68
This three week leave thing is that the minimum paid leave (yes I understand you get paid on top and have to budget it in to your spending and saving) or the maximum you can take with any company?

Once you have PR could you then lower your work to a couple of shifts per week and take the two months off in the summer to spend time with the kids while they're on summer break?

Paul
A lot of drivers take the whole winter off, I guess you would have to put in some time to get to that point, but if you stay with a firm from LMO, through PNP and until you get PR you'll be looking at three years or more, that may be enough. Taking winter off is easier than the summer too as a lot of the farm boys need work in the winter, so temporary cover is easier to find then. You may be ok though, drivers are in short supply, hence the need for us being here in the first place, so it can be a seller's market as long as your negotiation skills are good.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Debra186 has a brilliant futureDebra186 has a brilliant futureDebra186 has a brilliant futureDebra186 has a brilliant futureDebra186 has a brilliant futureDebra186 has a brilliant futureDebra186 has a brilliant future

I'm confused! I read this whole thread too (maybe that's why I'm confused!) and I thought I'd read that people were able to apply for PR after six months so if you're saying it takes three years or more, is that how long it takes after applying or is that kind of timescale not on this same scheme that people have been discussing here?
Old Apr 8th 2013, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

spacemonkey will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Debra186
I'm confused! I read this whole thread too (maybe that's why I'm confused!) and I thought I'd read that people were able to apply for PR after six months so if you're saying it takes three years or more, is that how long it takes after applying or is that kind of timescale not on this same scheme that people have been discussing here?
Becoming eligible and gaining PR are two separate entities.

Meaning once you have been working for six months and are of good enough standing you can then apply for PR which can take 24 months to complete hence the three years quoted.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

Debra186 has a brilliant futureDebra186 has a brilliant futureDebra186 has a brilliant futureDebra186 has a brilliant futureDebra186 has a brilliant futureDebra186 has a brilliant futureDebra186 has a brilliant future

Crumbs! OK thanks - still reading so hopefully I'll get it all straight eventually!
Old Apr 8th 2013, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of people that apply for PR receive Provincial Nomination first..ie.. 6months at job ,apply for nomination,,,say 3/4mnths to receive then with the PNP certificate apply for PR.
jimmy
Old Apr 8th 2013, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

dustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nice

I will repeat myself once more for the cheap seats then case closed
You work 6 on 2 off or you can work 5 on 3 off or 4 on 3 off
Yes you can earn $2400 a week and no it's not just mileage pay
Involves other duties but to find out and work for loblaw if not don't worry about it as its not for you an you are perfectly happy with what you have got it makes people wonder how many times people repeat themselves before the cheap seats get it campers
Also you don't get a wageslip its electronic
Old Apr 8th 2013, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dustyhoward
Involves other duties but to find out and work for loblaw if not don't worry about it as its not for you an you are perfectly happy with what you have got it makes people wonder how many times people repeat themselves before the cheap seats get it campers
I didn't ask you to repeat yourself, just show something solid to back up your claim, which you aren't doing. Electronic? That'll make it easier to post then.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

The reason people want to know is because they may be considering it, that's why real information is very useful, anybody reading this thread for the first time would be justified in ignoring the posts you make as you do not appear to be able to construct a simple sentance or answer a simple question without resorting to abuse of some kind

It seems that you post in order to make people look silly, you achieve this with great success, except that the only one you make look silly is yourself

So lose the attitude, it's not big and it's not clever, there are people looking at this thread who are considering the move to Loblaws, they will be putting a lot on the line if they make the leap, so accurate information about the job is essential, not just the money, but the rest of it, living in the area, schools, work for spouses/children, healthcare and all the other questions people want an answer to. If all you're going to do is give it the Charlie big potatoes routine every time, don't bother, trust me, nobody is laughing with you
Old Apr 8th 2013, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

Born_to_fish_68 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chicken lights and chrome
A lot of drivers take the whole winter off, I guess you would have to put in some time to get to that point, but if you stay with a firm from LMO, through PNP and until you get PR you'll be looking at three years or more, that may be enough. .
Why put in the time? Is that to keep your job open or to have the money to finance the break?

Paul
Old Apr 8th 2013, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Born_to_fish_68
Why put in the time? Is that to keep your job open or to have the money to finance the break?

Paul
A bit of both really, you could start under the condition that you have a couple of months off in the summer, but be honest, how many companies are going to want a driver for only ten months of the year, if you've proved yourself and they want to hang on to you, it may well be a different story. I don't think there's any hard and fast rules on this, so it's purely guesswork on my part, but like I said, it happens in winter, so may well be possible in the summer
Old Apr 8th 2013, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

This may be stating the obvious but if you're with a large company, ie. TransX, Bison, H&R etc, it's a lot easier to take as much time off as you want rather than a small company with a few trucks.
A small company cannot replace you for a few months, whereas a large company can suck it up no problem.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

dustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nice

Mickfly I didn't say I was on 2400 a week because its not for me so read it properly properly
Old Apr 8th 2013, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Chicken lights and chrome
The reason people want to know is because they may be considering it, that's why real information is very useful, anybody reading this thread for the first time would be justified in ignoring the posts you make as you do not appear to be able to construct a simple sentance or answer a simple question without resorting to abuse of some kind

It seems that you post in order to make people look silly, you achieve this with great success, except that the only one you make look silly is yourself

So lose the attitude, it's not big and it's not clever, there are people looking at this thread who are considering the move to Loblaws, they will be putting a lot on the line if they make the leap, so accurate information about the job is essential, not just the money, but the rest of it, living in the area, schools, work for spouses/children, healthcare and all the other questions people want an answer to. If all you're going to do is give it the Charlie big potatoes routine every time, don't bother, trust me, nobody is laughing with you
People have messaged me with regards to what they want to know because they see you come on here slating everything I put on here like this waffle message you have put on here about potatoes
You clearly won't work at loblaw which you have made quite clear and to be honest I am considering taking this thread off this forum and hey you get what you want on here loblaw off a good forum because of people like you
Do you not realise that certain things on here I can't talk about because the company won't allow it because its private but who messages me gets the info they need and the ones who get confused on here because you come on here chastising anything about the job and when keep your toys in the pram camper
Old Apr 8th 2013, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Mickfly I didn't say I was on 2400 a week because its not for me so read it properly properly

Like I've said before you can earn 2400 a week but that depends if it suits you
But your earnings can go along way if you are not stupid with the money northboy you need to look at your figures if your not coming out and have not interest in coming out then what's the point in trying to work it out
Lots of rentals for starters include the bills in the rent
I did, so obviously if you say that you can earn 2400 a week you won't mind backing up that statement with something other than insults. Someone contacted me and said they were going to try Loblaws because they can earn 2400 a week, they said they had read it on this forum!
Old Apr 8th 2013, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

People have messaged me with regards to what they want to know because they see you come on here slating everything I put on here like this waffle message you have put on here about potatoes
You clearly won't work at loblaw which you have made quite clear and to be honest I am considering taking this thread off this forum and hey you get what you want on here loblaw off a good forum because of people like you
Do you not realise that certain things on here I can't talk about because the company won't allow it because its private but who messages me gets the info they need and the ones who get confused on here because you come on here chastising anything about the job and when keep your toys in the pram camper
BS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.