Loblaw

Old Apr 4th 2013, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

Chicken lights and chrome is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Loblaw

Originally Posted by northboy
that's some mileage 5730 km a week over 5 days drive a man to drink that ,, thats like doing London to Glasgow and back 5 days a week or nights // either way soon get p/off with that i say
OMG I'm going to agree with Crusty here

Regina - Winnipeg - Regina is a piece of piss, it may seem a lot, but there is nothing in the way, only four sets of lights between the two and if they're green you run through at 80km/h, you can time it so they are green as they have warning lights that tell you if they're about to change. A 13hr day is about right if you include the changeover at Winnipeg.

Wouldn't fancy doing it every day, but four on four off would be fine and you could always do a run on one of your rest days, or do six on two off every other week, still have decent home time and if Crusty's wage claims are true, you'd be making a nice living

You will work longer hours in Canada, no doubt about that, but a 16hr day here is half as tiring as a 15hr day in the UK. Even so, you won't get the easy life, you have to work at it, but at least you can do that, there's no WTD or other bullshit dictating when you can work, as long as your log book is good, you can graft, not only can you do it, you'll be expected too, but then maybe that's why the Canadian Economy is better shape than the European Economy

The cost of living here is comparitive to the UK in some respects, groceries for example, but in others it's much cheaper, houses and cars are cheaper and they're likely to be your biggest outlay, so the standard of living is higher.

Renting does seem very dear there though, when I first arrived here in 08 a two bedroom apartment was $650pm, but that wasn't in Regina, or SK at all, so I don't know if it's expensive there as the oil money is starting to push up prices, or whether it's always been that way.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

heydon1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chicken lights and chrome
OMG I'm going to agree with Crusty here

Regina - Winnipeg - Regina is a piece of piss, it may seem a lot, but there is nothing in the way, only four sets of lights between the two and if they're green you run through at 80km/h, you can time it so they are green as they have warning lights that tell you if they're about to change. A 13hr day is about right if you include the changeover at Winnipeg.

Wouldn't fancy doing it every day, but four on four off would be fine and you could always do a run on one of your rest days, or do six on two off every other week, still have decent home time and if Crusty's wage claims are true, you'd be making a nice living

You will work longer hours in Canada, no doubt about that, but a 16hr day here is half as tiring as a 15hr day in the UK. Even so, you won't get the easy life, you have to work at it, but at least you can do that, there's no WTD or other bullshit dictating when you can work, as long as your log book is good, you can graft, not only can you do it, you'll be expected too, but then maybe that's why the Canadian Economy is better shape than the European Economy

The cost of living here is comparitive to the UK in some respects, groceries for example, but in others it's much cheaper, houses and cars are cheaper and they're likely to be your biggest outlay, so the standard of living is higher.

Renting does seem very dear there though, when I first arrived here in 08 a two bedroom apartment was $650pm, but that wasn't in Regina, or SK at all, so I don't know if it's expensive there as the oil money is starting to push up prices, or whether it's always been that way.
That's a good wage maybe I should pack my oil field job in and go and drive for loblaws
Old Apr 4th 2013, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

northboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dustyhoward
Looks like you really don't want to be in Canada do you northboy
hell yer dusty but kicking on 50 doing the theory tests and driving test . driving on the other side of the road don,t bother me did it for years while on hols in the USA and them hours. setting up new home and the PR thing ,think am a little long in the tooth now well may be ,just could i live on the wage with four other family members. r
Old Apr 5th 2013, 12:25 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

How can you legally do a Regina Winnipeg switch in 13 or 14 hours running PIKEYS ?
Hang on a moment this might be a repeat post 15 mins pre trip , then the mandatory tire stops en route ,into the Peg to your change over must be at least 61/2 hours from the GTH , refuel the truck is another 15 mins ,split your PIKEYS and hook your next set, which can be all done in another 15 mins , and another 61/2 drive at least back to the GTH ,before refueling again for the next guy , then splitting the trailers and parking the truck ?
Absolutely impossible to to that run within the 14 hour rule ,legally, if anyone begs to differ then then I'd sure like to see the evidence , without considering the weather into the equation ?
Old Apr 5th 2013, 3:02 am
Forum Regular

russjp will become famous soon enoughrussjp will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
How can you legally do a Regina Winnipeg switch in 13 or 14 hours running PIKEYS ?
Hang on a moment this might be a repeat post 15 mins pre trip , then the mandatory tire stops en route ,into the Peg to your change over must be at least 61/2 hours from the GTH , refuel the truck is another 15 mins ,split your PIKEYS and hook your next set, which can be all done in another 15 mins , and another 61/2 drive at least back to the GTH ,before refueling again for the next guy , then splitting the trailers and parking the truck ?
Absolutely impossible to to that run within the 14 hour rule ,legally, if anyone begs to differ then then I'd sure like to see the evidence , without considering the weather into the equation ?
Pikes don't go all the way to Winnipeg mate, switches are done at headingley from what I'm told but not got on the road yet, test next week :-)
Old Apr 5th 2013, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by russjp
Pikes don't go all the way to Winnipeg mate, switches are done at headingley from what I'm told but not got on the road yet, test next week :-)
And thats when you will know if the runs are OTT russjp .it all seams very long nights when you read up . and if you look at the Google maps . its still under 6 hours each way with and your checks unhitching wheel checks.long long nights . 13 hours min over the shift patterns 4 on 4 off /6 on 2 off .can break the best of men.
Old Apr 5th 2013, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

You'd need a sharp pencil I wouldn't think it would be possible with an e log though, I can do it as I can run 110km/h through SK and the bit of MB with a 110 limit, I don't have to stop for checks either, forgot all about those rules, not much leeway in that run at all with a pike, probably why all the other companies running them out Winnipeg change over 50kms or so before Regina
Old Apr 5th 2013, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Chicken lights and chrome
You'd need a sharp pencil I wouldn't think it would be possible with an e log though, I can do it as I can run 110km/h through SK and the bit of MB with a 110 limit, I don't have to stop for checks either, forgot all about those rules, not much leeway in that run at all with a pike, probably why all the other companies running them out Winnipeg change over 50kms or so before Regina
Still can't see CDN$ 2,400 per week as promised by DH, no clarification of all the other payments besides mileage. Come on DH you were offering help to people, so what are the actual numbers which make up the CDN$ 124,000 PA?
Old Apr 5th 2013, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mickfly
Still can't see CDN$ 2,400 per week as promised by DH, no clarification of all the other payments besides mileage. Come on DH you were offering help to people, so what are the actual numbers which make up the CDN$ 124,000 PA?
No doubt there are extras added on to the mileage pay, just a shame that they're all top secret

It took 40 odd pages to get a sensible reply on here and that came from Russ who had just arrived, so I wouldn't hold my breath Mick
Old Apr 5th 2013, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

dustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nice

Well turkey bulb good to see you agree and as for what's involved fat to the mat it's not what you say
Old Apr 5th 2013, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

wonder just how many guys have gone over to lob laws on the this pay structure .and what they are earning for the type of work they are doing. etc etc. only to be fill full of. ,, doing over 5000 miles a week to make a good wage sends a shiver up my back. must just sleep for 48 hours when your off ?

Last edited by northboy; Apr 5th 2013 at 6:23 pm.
Old Apr 5th 2013, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dustyhoward
Well turkey bulb good to see you agree and as for what's involved fat to the mat it's not what you say
Well then what is involved DH ?
Old Apr 5th 2013, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

I'll try again with DH...

Come on DH you were offering help to people, so what are the actual numbers which make up the CDN$ 124,000 PA?
Old Apr 5th 2013, 11:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

I am sorry but it's so appropriate that it goes right over Had to be said sooner or later
Old Apr 6th 2013, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

alandoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Well then what is involved DH ?
$124,000 pa on a TWP. Ho hum, the only way I'll be convinced is to see an actual payslip. Or could it be a mistake has been made in that a bi-weekly pay has been made into a weekly one?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.