Default Re: Loblaw

[QUOTE So what's the real story at Loblaws[/QUOTE]

You should ask flat to the twat. he knows everything about every job in Canada
Old Mar 11th 2013, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

russjp will become famous soon enoughrussjp will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Chicken lights and chrome
So then crusty, read back through this whole thread and you can clearly see that there are indeed some silly comments made on here, quite ironic really that you're the one bringing it up

So from what I gather you work on the turnpike doubles, doing a 5/6 day week and you earn between $4-5,000 for this, that's a lot of leeway there, 5 days a week for $5,000 a month is very good, but on the other hand $4,000 a month for 6 day weeks is not so great, so maybe you would like to expand on that a bit

One other thing that you fail to mention is the night shift working, in a worst case scenario the job at Loblaws could be a 6 night a week job for $4,000 a month, then the leisure facilities that you mention would be very difficult to enjoy, not only are you sleeping all day, but $4,000 ain't going to buy a lot of leisure activities

On the other hand a Mon-Fri day shift with a 5 day starting at 6am and $5,000 in the bank would be a different story

So what's the real story at Loblaws
If i could speak up in Dusty`s defence, as someone who is travelling over there next week to start work for Loblaws the information you`re requesting would be of great help to most individuals BUT, from what i`ve been told, there are only a handful of drivers there now doing the same regular runs week after week so providing a `regular` working wage is only ever going to be a rough average especially with so many different shift patterns being available. With subbies being replaced by us guys over the next couple of months this situation will change further with more different, longer runs coming online so currently the picture is an ever-changing one. As i`ve said, i have a friend working there and even he has only been able to supply `averages` as his work is now never the same from week to week.

Hope this helps.

Old Mar 12th 2013, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

Chicken lights and chrome is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by russjp
If i could speak up in Dusty`s defence, as someone who is travelling over there next week to start work for Loblaws the information you`re requesting would be of great help to most individuals BUT, from what i`ve been told, there are only a handful of drivers there now doing the same regular runs week after week so providing a `regular` working wage is only ever going to be a rough average especially with so many different shift patterns being available. With subbies being replaced by us guys over the next couple of months this situation will change further with more different, longer runs coming online so currently the picture is an ever-changing one. As i`ve said, i have a friend working there and even he has only been able to supply `averages` as his work is now never the same from week to week.

Hope this helps.

It helps a lot Russ, strange that you can sum it up in one post when dear old crusty has been gobbing off for 41 pages and still nobody is any the wiser about the Loblaw job

Good luck out there driver
Old Mar 12th 2013, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Chicken lights and chrome
It helps a lot Russ, strange that you can sum it up in one post when dear old crusty has been gobbing off for 41 pages and still nobody is any the wiser about the Loblaw job

Good luck out there driver
Thanks very much mate
Old Mar 12th 2013, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zeppelin
[QUOTE So what's the real story at Loblaws

You should ask flat to the twat. he knows everything about every job in Canada [/QUOTE]

LOL , 19 posts in 6 years I like your constructive criticism , very helpful to the thread .
Seems this is just getting nowhere , interested parties wanting info on the job etc and the only participating Loblaw driver refusing point blank to give a description of an average weeks work or wage , preferring to insult those that ask the questions , and those whose experience driving in Canada might be useful .
Russjp , perhaps you can shed some light in the next few weeks , with a bit of luck by the time you get out on the highway conditions should be slightly better , like a hockey rink out there today
Old Mar 12th 2013, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
You should ask flat to the twat. he knows everything about every job in Canada
LOL , 19 posts in 6 years I like your constructive criticism , very helpful to the thread .
Seems this is just getting nowhere , interested parties wanting info on the job etc and the only participating Loblaw driver refusing point blank to give a description of an average weeks work or wage , preferring to insult those that ask the questions , and those whose experience driving in Canada might be useful .
Russjp , perhaps you can shed some light in the next few weeks , with a bit of luck by the time you get out on the highway conditions should be slightly better , like a hockey rink out there today
Yeah i believe so mate, my friend was supposed to be heading for Lethbridge but Highway 1 got shut so he was stood down, got going eventually though i think.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 9:35 am
Just Joined

stoney46 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah i believe so mate, my friend was supposed to be heading for Lethbridge but Highway 1 got shut so he was stood down, got going eventually though i think.
Hi all, ive been told by loblaws they are not recruiting any more drivers until the summer so hopefully will be able to get a job with them then and in the meantime any of you guys out there hear anything could you let me know as i would love to get out there.
Old Mar 15th 2013, 11:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Just been chatting to a friends wife whose brother came over for the job , absolutely hates it and working nights was never mentioned prior to arriving . Seems a few have already abandoned ship , shame DH couldn't cough up more info sooner , hey ho .
Old Mar 16th 2013, 4:21 am
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Should be pretty obvious that Supermarket work would involve night shifts and I bet the weather as been a major factor in people abandoning ship , A lot around here seem to be going home lately and they have been here 5/6 years, all for various reasons , Personally Ive had enough of the winters , This being my sixth one , This one started late October and the forecast with more snow and minus 11 at the moment , Although overall its not been that bad just seems its going on forever .
Old Mar 16th 2013, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kb33
Should be pretty obvious that Supermarket work would involve night shifts and I bet the weather as been a major factor in people abandoning ship , A lot around here seem to be going home lately and they have been here 5/6 years, all for various reasons , Personally Ive had enough of the winters , This being my sixth one , This one started late October and the forecast with more snow and minus 11 at the moment , Although overall its not been that bad just seems its going on forever .
Yeah mate, there was people taken over there who were not told it was night work i believe but we were told about the night work at our interview although i do believe there will be more disappointed people travelling over this year as we were told that we`d be home at the end of every shift and its looking like this is not gonna be the case with us replacing the subbies. Personally this doesn`t bother me or my OH as we`ve done it before but i can see it causing issues for some people. The snow is crazy at the moment from the pictures and skype conversations i`ve seen but if i dont give it a go now i`ll always be thinking `what if`
Old Mar 16th 2013, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

northboy is an unknown quantity at this point

cant see how people are saying they are bettering there life,s , if the hubby is at work all night and in bed all day or on a few nights away on a long haul , and as your other half is not allowed to work for a while until they get a work permit ?? , can see that causing a lot of problems to say the least , unless you are going alone ,and i can see that driving you crazy me self ??,, and having know family out there,then you start to feel very alone in a massive country , is the money the be all and end all ??? yes we all have dreams like me self .but you really need to think about the whole picture , i think your better off getting a job weather its at loblaws or else were ,, get your P/R and look for them day jobs were your with your loved one,s each nights , i know one thing if i was sitting at home all day long while the wife was in bed all day and out at work all night , next stop would be airport for me , just a bit of food for though
Old Mar 16th 2013, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Plenty of drivers living like that now in the UK , I used to work nights all the time through choice mainly because of the better rates and less traffic on the roads in England .

I have always said moving to a different country , you have to take 2 steps back to take 4 forward in the months /years down the line , The first 12 months /winter are the hardest , Most probably wont have a better standard of living in the first 6=18 months , Thats when some will become disheartened /lonely and home sick , You need to be strong willed and have plenty of support , in other words the glass must be always half full.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 12:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kb33
This is my eighth and the bugger just won't go away , I don't usually mind but the relentless snow clearing and lack of room to put the goddam stuff is spiking my blood pressure .
As a newbie it can't be much fun , some consolation that snowfall records are broken which might mean next winter being a tad easier but still a pain in the arse right now > Oh yeah , another 25 cms for tomorrow
Old Mar 17th 2013, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by northboy
cant see how people are saying they are bettering there life,s , if the hubby is at work all night and in bed all day or on a few nights away on a long haul , and as your other half is not allowed to work for a while until they get a work permit ?? , can see that causing a lot of problems to say the least , unless you are going alone ,and i can see that driving you crazy me self ??,, and having know family out there,then you start to feel very alone in a massive country , is the money the be all and end all ??? yes we all have dreams like me self .but you really need to think about the whole picture , i think your better off getting a job weather its at loblaws or else were ,, get your P/R and look for them day jobs were your with your loved one,s each nights , i know one thing if i was sitting at home all day long while the wife was in bed all day and out at work all night , next stop would be airport for me , just a bit of food for though
Think you`ve answered your own questions really here with this post mate, its obviously not for you judging by the negativity you`re expressing before you`ve even got there. Not having a pop at you just making observations but kb33 summed it up perfectly, you gotta be prepared to take some steps backward and maybe work the shifts you dont wanna work to achieve the end goal. I`m taking the big step this week mate so if you wanna pm me for info then feel free as i wont dress it up as something it aint
Old Mar 17th 2013, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Think you`ve answered your own questions really here with this post mate, its obviously not for you judging by the negativity you`re expressing before you`ve even got there. Not having a pop at you just making observations but kb33 summed it up perfectly, you gotta be prepared to take some steps backward and maybe work the shifts you dont wanna work to achieve the end goal. I`m taking the big step this week mate so if you wanna pm me for info then feel free as i wont dress it up as something it aint
It will be interesting to see whether you continue to post on here if it's negative, rather than inviting PM's. Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.