Loblaw

Old Mar 5th 2013, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Mona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really nice
Default Re: Loblaw

Originally Posted by northboy
thanks for that mona lisa ,, ,just be nice to get a idea of the fort nighty wage at loblaws ,even after all the take off,s
Hi northboy

You will see earlier in thread before all the silliness started again it will give you rough idea of wages max/min from dustyhoward, might give you more of an idea. Things do change as sometimes you can do different runs on different days. I think as a whole most of the drivers here say they are earning more than the UK, I know that doesn't really help, but as whole lifestyle here a lot slower pace to the UK with lot less drivers an people. No sitting traffic for hours on end. So this means you are driving for more hours an less sitting in traffic
Old Mar 5th 2013, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

northboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dustyhoward
Northboy the hours vary from 11-14 hours a shift depends where you go and with that the money varies too
From $185-450 a shift again depends where you go
Tax varies from 28%-32% depends how much you work
Basically how much you put in depends on how much you get out
THANKS PAL thats all i need to know ,, for god stake jimmy take a chil pill man , am doing a little research, thats why am on here,, but you my friend just dont seam to have the time to help any one out ,
Old Mar 5th 2013, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

Mona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really nice

Originally Posted by northboy
THANKS PAL thats all i need to know ,, for god stake jimmy take a chil pill man , am doing a little research, thats why am on here,, but you my friend just dont seam to have the time to help any one out ,
Northboy I beg to differ with regards to jimmy been help to us, just sometimes he prob just gets bit fed up of the questions, but he's a good guy an experienced think will all work out for you guys once ya get here take it all one day at a time. Think few people getting frustrated as wonna get out here an experience thing, just have to take the rough with the smooth
Old Mar 5th 2013, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

dustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nice

Northboy as mona says jimmys cool ignore others working for loblaws for 7 months now and they are a good company to work for and been chatting to drivers of other canadian companies and they say loblaws pays better than most
Old Mar 5th 2013, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

dustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nice

When are you coming out northboy
Old Mar 5th 2013, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Chicken lights and chrome is on a distinguished road

how's it going turkey bulb
All good thanks Rusty, was hoping to bump into you so you could point out where I've been going wrong for the last five years that I've been in Canada

Seen a few obviously British drivers on the Winnipeg night trunk, number plates in the window, wearing hi viz while driving, that sort of thing, not you though as I haven't seen one all camo'd up yet, but then I wouldn't see them would I

On a more serious note, has it all lived up to expectations? What's the bi weekly take home money on average? How many consecutive shifts? General feelings about the job? Real answers, so they may be of use to people looking at coming over with Loblaws, saying $180-$450 a shift is not much use is it really, not unless you expand and say what you have to do to get $180 or $450 as I'm guessing a lot more work is involved for the $450 than there is for $180, or maybe not, you also said in the beginning that you got snow days, have you taken any? Also what exactly are you doing? store deliveries, trunking, or a combination of both?

I know I've used a few long words, sorry about that, maybe you could get your wife to explain them to you

Last edited by Chicken lights and chrome; Mar 5th 2013 at 9:27 pm.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

Hello turkey bulb nice to see you are still alive thought you died in the ditch
As for the money side of your verbal diarrhoea (long word for you) I won't go into details of it because you slate and get on ya Billy big rig about how bad loblaws is to work for and of course you wouldn't work here because it not being a big enough status of a job for you or has the money made your eyes water
The info I have given to the relevant (long word)drivers is useful to them because they are aware of the job they are going to do bubba.
Speaking of camouflage (long word) can't see your german van on the road what's the colour black,brown and tan.?
Old Mar 5th 2013, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

Hello turkey bulb nice to see you are still alive thought you died in the ditch
As for the money side of your verbal diarrhoea (long word for you) I won't go into details of it because you slate and get on ya Billy big rig about how bad loblaws is to work for and of course you wouldn't work here because it not being a big enough status of a job for you or has the money made your eyes water
The info I have given to the relevant (long word)drivers is useful to them because they are aware of the job they are going to do bubba.
Speaking of camouflage (long word) can't see your german van on the road what's the colour black,brown and tan.?
Died in a ditch? Nice...... I don't hope your words don't come back to bite you on the arse

I did consider commenting along the lines of 'Let's see if you're as brave face to face' or similar, but then as I used to bump into the plastic cockernees from Essex all the time, I realised that you were just another Internet Rambo & there are scarier things as toys in a McDs Happy Meal, so I never bothered, although maybe one day we'll be in the same place at the same time and I'm quite sure it'll turn out that you're really a nice bloke, just a little bit dim

I have never once said that Loblaws is a bad company, the only reservation I ever had was that the bloke from Loblaws was on different forums telling a different story each time, then you and your silly mate came on here telling us you were going to be earning $0.43cpm and $23ph, this too was a different figure to the ones previously stated by the Loblaw bloke, which was why I questioned the wages and still nobody has put anything up to say what the job actually pays

My van was actually made in Texas, as you can see from my avatar it is black.

I do the typical long haul job, except I run Western Canada only, rather than running south of the border, through choice. My wages are no secret either, because I never gobbed off on the internet 6months before I even got on the plane to Canada, unlike some

$0.42cpm plus extras, which include $20ph waiting time, after the first two hrs, $150 a day layover pay, in case I reset on the road or get stuck because of a road closure and $50 a day for running in BC or doing an overnight run.

Most months I do 12,000miles and take home between $4,200 and $4,600, depending on the extras. I usually do a 5/6 day trip and have 1/2 days at home in between, so it's better than some, worse than others, but I've been here for five years now and I'm happy with it. I'm not in competition with anyone and it would take a lot more money to tempt me away from my current job and that's the most important thing as far as I'm concerned, to me it means that coming to Canada has lived up to my expectations

Over to you Rusty, tell us the real story of Loblaws, I dare you
Old Mar 6th 2013, 12:19 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Hi love where's your wife turkey bulb I missed you both
I enjoy reading your blind views about me for example where did you get my so called squaddie mentality from I have never been in the army
I have been a company man all my working life and as for your advice on nomination thanks for the info but to keep you up to date I have my nomination and i have been given no rope to tie myself to loblaws at all I came to loblaws of my choosing and chatting other company drivers from hit and run , trappers, yanke, Turks, challenger, erb,gfs and many others I'm getting better pay and better perks
So what part of England do you work in
Hands up my mistake ,was getting you mixed up with the other lip flapper that also had a huge chip on his shoulder at the beginning of this thread ,can't think why .
Not sure where all the animosity is coming from but if you care to re read this whole topic you might see that none of the Canadian based drivers using this forum , myself included , have ridiculed coming over and working for Loblaws . We have recommended the job for guys not wanting to do long haul , all the bitching kicked off when the " superb" wages offered were questioned by experienced people already established in the industry here , you and your buddy got the hump because you knew better or so you both thought .
When having a bad week myself I've considered going there to work ,easy money with little stress involved , who knows maybe one day , certain that Trevor would sort me a decent shift pattern , but took my T4 to the accountant today and came away with a huge grin so will be staying put for the time being .
You may wrongly still think I live in Manc land and know SFA about trucking in Canada , I couldn't give a rats arse mate , but do yourself a huge favor and get your paperwork sorted for PR , you'll be surprised how long it takes and you're tied to the job until you are landed , the company know this so don't wait for them to start the pen pushing .
Try living with a little less of the attitude , remember this is Canada not TOWIE

Oh yeah , comments like "died in a ditch" aren't at all amusing in Western Canada DH .

Last edited by flat to the mat; Mar 6th 2013 at 12:30 am. Reason: CORRECTION
Old Mar 6th 2013, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

I'm hoping someone will eventually shut this thread down as its not doing the new people any good enough said
Old Mar 6th 2013, 1:02 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mona Lisa 69
I'm hoping someone will eventually shut this thread down as its not doing the new people any good enough said
Have a word closer to home
Old Mar 6th 2013, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Have a word closer to home
Old Mar 6th 2013, 1:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Chicken lights and chrome
Not blaming anyone your all entitled to your opinions an understand your comment, an I can't control what anyone says, wish I could.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 1:44 am
BE Enthusiast

LOL , how about lunch at the Tap tomorrow ?
Old Mar 6th 2013, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mona Lisa 69
Not blaming anyone your all entitled to your opinions an understand your comment, an I can't control what anyone says, wish I could.
You have my deepest sympathy

I take it you're Catholic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.