Loblaw

Old Feb 28th 2013, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

Madjock76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Loblaw

So why come on here & try to belittle someone?
Yes we all had the same interview, that doesn't mean that the questions he asked were answered & in the stressful environment of an interview you don't always take everything in!
We're all making quite a leap going out there & we should be sticking together & helping each other not abusing each other!
Old Mar 1st 2013, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

spoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nice

hi, just read messages bringing me upto date, reason i asked questions was because i didnt get all the answers and thought there might be guys on here who are already there and might have them. madjock - where did you work? transport or movements? to the remainder of you guys, thanks for the input, i understand that i will be starting as a newbie but we all have to start somewhere and i'd like to think i'm a grafter and hopefully wont cause any ripples for anyone else following, i was hoping if i get all the info i am after, i can pass it onto the next group that follows like i did for kuwait, i always found you can never have too much information when starting a new job, it all helps and theres always someone out there looking for it.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 5:59 pm
Just Joined

Keith, we bunked together in Abu Halifax! Lol
Old Mar 1st 2013, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

*Halifa
Old Mar 1st 2013, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

spoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nice

put trans cos i didnt wanna give your name on here bud if its who i think it is, and congrats on the job?

Last edited by spoilt1033; Mar 1st 2013 at 6:09 pm.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

No worries mate! I'll see you out there!
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

Meant to ask, did you get the info you needed in the end (employment history), from what i have heard so far, might be a few (ex kuwait) guys going out, so will have to catch up out there. just waiting for email with flight details etc (prob start of april) and then i am ready, agency and landlord already informed, and most of gear packed ready, just saving as much as possible till then (including return flight cost just in case) but hoping no need for it.
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

northboy is an unknown quantity at this point

good reading that apart from the hand baggers at war , think there only one way to sort this pay thing out , is for some one to have the balls to show the loblaw pay slip and the hours you worked , with out showing there name on it ,, remember loblaws pay you twice a month
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

dustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nice

Hi everyone im back how is everyone
How are you turkey bulb missed me and how is fat the mat sorry flat the mat me and my stutter
It's still going well the weather is getting warmer which is a good thing sitting at home
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

dustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nice

Originally Posted by Chicken lights and chrome
I was being chauffered around by Mrs Chicken yesterday and she suddenly turned right at some lights, instead of going straight across as I assumed we would, WTF? I asked, she replied, "Look, there's one of those 'No Name" lorries, he'll be half an hour reversing in to Extra Foods, bet he's a Turbanator, they're a bloody nightmare, always blocking the road there"

Sure enough, there was a manky old day cab Century at all kinds of funny angles blocking the road, we went about our business, 20mins later, there he was still trying to hit the loading dock

Funny part is, Mrs Chicken reckons that the yellow lorries are not half as bad, I'm assuming she means Trappers, don't know what they wear on their heads, but I'm leaning towards ball caps rather than the wraparound stetson
how's it going turkey bulb
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

I'm happy with my pay double what i got in england I'm home every day get plenty of rest the job is stress free the roads are stress free
Regina is an ok place to live it's not Toronto or Vancouver but I want a quieter place anyway
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

hi dusty, should be joining you hopefully end of april/beginning of may, glad to hear its all going well, working visa is in place now and just waiting for flight details etc. you said that you are home every day, is that the same for all drivers that went over when you did or are some of them trampers (away in truck 4/5 days a week?), dont mind which one it is but on interview was told it was as you say, but a mate who has applied rang up and spoke to one of the supervisors and was told it was 1400 miles each way? or is it turnpike work? ie half way and swap?
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dustyhoward
I'm happy with my pay double what i got in england I'm home every day get plenty of rest the job is stress free the roads are stress free
Regina is an ok place to live it's not Toronto or Vancouver but I want a quieter place anyway
So you had a crap job in England and now work nights LOL .
You must have been here for at least six months , got your nomination from SK sorted and the PR application posted ? Don't drag your feet doing this because you're tied to Loblaws until residency is gained .
BTW , we have some vacancies at our place but you have to be landed , and to be honest your squaddie mentality wouldn't cut the mustard . One door closed but I hear Waste Management are looking
Old Mar 4th 2013, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

Mona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really nice

We seems to go back to square one with this thread and get no where when people are asking for help. Don't get me wrong it's nice to have the odd bit of banter as you guys do, us women do too believe it or not!

Just to let the newbies for Loblaws know, once you have confirmation details you should have most of the information that you need to get out here.
Yes there will be a pick up at the airport (well there has been so far, so no reason why this should change).

The hotel accommodation (like Mr Yak previously mentioned) is provided, but at your own cost and can be expensive, again not sure if same hotel or if they have a deal with another hotel. Any hotel (in my opinion) is expensive in comparison to sharing a house or paying rent. I guess this is just something you need to factor around when bringing money out with you. Although, I know most have found accommodation relatively easy, so fingers crossed for those of you who do not have accommodation that you secure something soon once your out here.

With regards to the shifts, being home every night or away for days on end. I think this is a progressive thing with Loblaw. Currently my OH is home most days (ok nights as they say - early morning), weather permitting. Some of the guys are out for a couple of nights at a time. Although this is the case at the moment, things are changing constantly and that is what happens when things are new. I am sure there will be new runs which have not been done before for the new guys coming out. I guess currently these are the runs that sub contractors are doing, hence they are bringing Brits out to do these runs so they can cut down on using the sub contractors.

Things I think that people need to understand, no job is plain sailing, UK, Canada where ever you are. Here you do have weather conditions to deal with and apparently this year has been their worst winter for a while and doesn't seem to be going anywhere fast, but such is life. Let's just hope that the summer will make up for it.

Everyone that Loblaw employs will be looking for something different and would of worked in different circumstances, so even though people on here can give you advice. Take it only as advice, you can only make the decision yourself and I would like to think that most of you know what it will be like. Obviously, experiencing it is a totally different scenario.

Telling my mum it was cold here the other day has no comparison to her, based in the UK having 0 degrees temp. You will never have the concept of it until you experience it, ok it's not pleasant, but if moving here it is one thing you need to deal with, as this will not change!

Hope all you newbies are sorted for the weather as it doesn't look like it is going to be very kind to you at the moment - it's a blowing here this evening and the snow still coming - will feel like a proper Christmas just a bit later than normal.

Things now all bad especially if you can stay positive and stick with it - well this is what i'm telling myself anyway.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

Mona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really nice

Originally Posted by spoilt1033
hi dusty, should be joining you hopefully end of april/beginning of may, glad to hear its all going well, working visa is in place now and just waiting for flight details etc. you said that you are home every day, is that the same for all drivers that went over when you did or are some of them trampers (away in truck 4/5 days a week?), dont mind which one it is but on interview was told it was as you say, but a mate who has applied rang up and spoke to one of the supervisors and was told it was 1400 miles each way? or is it turnpike work? ie half way and swap?
------------------------------------

Sorry to interrupt as this was not aimed at me, but just to say there are different runs, so some home everyday, some not, depends on what shifts you are given. Also as mentioned previously there are new runs coming out that I'm sure even the guys here not aware of which will be for all the newbies coming out in March/April, so can change. I guess this is something that will be answered in time and obviously you'll get chance to speak to the current drivers out here, so they'll be able to give you an idea of what the run entails, how long it will take and what is involved.

As say sorry to interrupt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.