Loblaw

Old Feb 21st 2013, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

spoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nice
Default Re: Loblaw

I have another question? if you go after your own place, are there requirements ie paperwork etc you need to bring with you from uk to get a place ie reference from landlord, job etc?
Old Feb 21st 2013, 1:13 pm
To infinity and Beyond !!

tattoo99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spoilt1033
lol, depends when your going out tattoo, not going like i said till end of april, but was looking into getting an apartment as soon as i can depending on the job.

Hearing different story's on work so not sure if we will need one?

One of my friends rang up and spoke to transport supervisor and was told runs are possibly 1400 miles each way (4/5 days living in a truck) but on interview, i was told we would be back most days so not sure which it is, would prefer the 4/5 days, lol, but dont mind either
This sounds very odd ...i was told at interview like yourself ..Night work with the occasional stop over
Old Feb 21st 2013, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

MrYak is an unknown quantity at this point

I have another question? if you go after your own place, are there requirements ie paperwork etc you need to bring with you from uk to get a place ie reference from landlord, job etc?
If you can get that stuff then it can't hurt to bring it.
Some places ask for references but they're not a requirement.

Look at Kijiji and UsedRegina for rentals, avoid Craigslist, full of scammers!
Old Feb 21st 2013, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

lozhickmore is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been looking at rooms and apartments to rent and they dont seem silly money, i think i will stay in a hotel for a few nights and look at places to stay when im over there. They all look ok till you get there and they are miles away from anything or in a right crappy area.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

Nikkinoo75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Re: accommodation - my hubby is still in process of applying for his work permit for Loblaws job, so don't know when he'll be going out but he has a mate who is going out there and is renting a friend's basement. My hubby says he's going to get his mate to keep an eye out for other basements to rent to start off as me and the kids aren't travelling over until August time when we'll start looking for a house.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 2:59 pm
Just Joined

novacastare is an unknown quantity at this point

should be canada bound at end of april/ beginning of may with loblaw.

Got my Temp Working Visa authorised by Immigration and i am supposed to collect it from the airport on landing in canada. Was sent an email (Authority Letter) by Immigration saying to take it with me to airport and show on arrival.

Q. is anybody else going out around same time?

Q. Does anyone know the format for accommodation/ transport on arrival

ie: Do we sort it out or does loblaw? costs for transport/ Accommodation?)

Q. Is transport laid on for the duration of the training (2-3 Weeks?)

Just trying to find a few answers so i know what to expect when i arrive

Any help would be appreciated
Are you some kind of clown ? Or do you just play at it? You have obviously been to the interview as has everyone else, what were you doing when you were told, very precisely what the job entailed and how you would met on arrival?
Transmitting instead of receiving in all likelihood, your an embarrassment, I hope I don't have the misfortune of meeting you out there.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

Stich is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by novacastare
You have obviously been to the interview as has everyone else
Have you had an interview with Loblaw?
Old Feb 27th 2013, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

Stich is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope I don't have the misfortune of meeting you out there.
Looking at your other posting about your experience in Kuwait, the misfortune would be ours.....
Old Feb 27th 2013, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

This petty squabbling is why the people with yrs of Canadian experience dont bother helping people on this forum anymore!!:frown
spoilt1033 imo is just checking what he was told.. novacastare an attitude like that will get you nothing but trouble from the locals ...just pointing out mindrespect goes a long way.no point being a keyboard warrior.
and remember it doesnt matter if you have driven for 30yrs or 6months, when you come to Canada You will be treated like a newbie that doesnt know one end of the truck from another!!
You will have to prove to them that you are no billybigrigger and keep your head down and your nose clean.
from what i hear the jobs a good un so dont **** it up for the drivers following..
ohh and another thing dont bother giving me attitude back as i couldnt give a t..
jimmy
Old Feb 27th 2013, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

What Jimmy said ..
Old Feb 27th 2013, 8:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Are you some kind of clown ? Or do you just play at it? You have obviously been to the interview as has everyone else, what were you doing when you were told, very precisely what the job entailed and how you would met on arrival?
Transmitting instead of receiving in all likelihood, your an embarrassment, I hope I don't have the misfortune of meeting you out there.
With that kind of attitude I would find another forum to spout your BS , because you'll get nowhere fast with that tone on here .
Old Feb 27th 2013, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

russjp will become famous soon enoughrussjp will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jamesmc
This petty squabbling is why the people with yrs of Canadian experience dont bother helping people on this forum anymore!!:frown
spoilt1033 imo is just checking what he was told.. novacastare an attitude like that will get you nothing but trouble from the locals ...just pointing out mindrespect goes a long way.no point being a keyboard warrior.
and remember it doesnt matter if you have driven for 30yrs or 6months, when you come to Canada You will be treated like a newbie that doesnt know one end of the truck from another!!
You will have to prove to them that you are no billybigrigger and keep your head down and your nose clean.
from what i hear the jobs a good un so dont **** it up for the drivers following..
ohh and another thing dont bother giving me attitude back as i couldnt give a t..
jimmy
I totally agree mate, i must admit i`m looking forward to learning all over again - keeps the mind active and all that. There`s haters in every job unfortunately, just let them get on with it - my life and my family come before any petty squabbles with people who apparently know it all - go to work, earn a crust, go home
Old Feb 27th 2013, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

Madjock76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a quick one to novacaster. If you worked for M&E in Kuwait then you'll probably know spoilt1033 & possibly me too! Personally I'm of the view you were out of order attacking spoilt over the questions he asked, at the end of the day there are folks on here that now have more upto date info of what's going on with the flights/accommodation
A the saying goes, the only stupid question is the one that's not asked!!
Old Feb 28th 2013, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

novacastare is an unknown quantity at this point

No, I don't know spoilt or yourself as I left Kuwait after 4 months, as I was offered a longer term contract in Afghan. Okay maybe I was a being a bit harsh accepted, it is annoying though, we all had the same interview. Maybe it's just me but I think all the questions I had were answered clearly enough.
Old Feb 28th 2013, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

Madjock76 is an unknown quantity at this point

So why come on here & try to belittle someone?
Yes we all had the same interview, that doesn't mean that the questions he asked were answered & in the stressful environment of an interview you don't always take everything in!
We're all making quite a leap going out there & we should be sticking together & helping each other not abusing each other!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.