Loblaw

Old Dec 9th 2012, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

Mona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really nice
Default Re: Loblaw

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
It's not flat and featureless , we live in a valley that stretches across the whole Province ,and the bugs this year didn't appear
Question for any Loblaw wifes and partners ( Mona Lisa ) , do they have anyone helping new families to relocate ? Just a thought because as a few of you can't work for six months would the company like you to help out with this , finding rentals etc , someone to answer concerns and questions about things which people living here take for granted but to newbie is a big deal , you know what I mean .
It could be done on a voluntary basis , please clear it with CIC , but could be a good way of keeping busy until the work permit comes and , who knows Loblaws might appreciate the gesture when your six months are up .
Just an idea ??????????????
-------------------------------------------

Agree flat to the mat - I have tried to give as much advice as I could, but sometimes I can't help as I don't have kids etc but have offered help via others who do. I guess all new learning process for Loblaw too, an from my experience i've had some good advice and help from people who do not even live in Regina, so I think myself lucky. Although at the end of the day boils down to individual of what they are looking for. I've had on here that I should leave my hubby and it's all not worth it, but we've worked at it, not been easy by long shot! I'm here now and most know that they can contact me and i've plenty time on my hand and happy to help I just hope that works out for others as seems so far has done for me. Still hoping for dog for Christmas to keep me company! So Mr H you might need to pull ya finger out as not many days left
Old Dec 9th 2012, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

russjp will become famous soon enoughrussjp will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Nikkinoo75
HI, Just thought I'd pop in and say that my Hubby has just been offered a job with Loblaw.

We have been down this road with a couple of other companies before and things have not worked out, so I'm a bit skeptical - Hubby has no doubts though - he just needs to convince me!

Life in the UK is getting worse for us, we have three children and we both struggle with secure employment, which makes finances very difficult.

Hubby is convinced that life will be better for us and our children's futures. He has no family to leave behind though, whereas I have, and also worry how this will effect our children. Our eldest is due to start his GCSEs next September and I'm worried about damaging his education.

Sorry to ramble on. Anyway, I've read the last 10 pages of this thread and it all looks pretty positive, (apart from the cold ).

Would be good to chat to others going through the process or those who've already made the move - especially those with children. Our children are 13, 7 and 18 months.

Nikki
Hi, I`m in the same position as your OH and will be starting with Loblaw as soon as my TWP turns up, my wife and I are moving to Regina with our 9 year old son so if you want to clash heads at any point then just let us know

Russ
Old Dec 9th 2012, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

Nikkinoo75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by russjp
Hi, I`m in the same position as your OH and will be starting with Loblaw as soon as my TWP turns up, my wife and I are moving to Regina with our 9 year old son so if you want to clash heads at any point then just let us know

Russ
Thanks, my Husband is working away in Morrocco at the moment, so he's planning to send off all the paperwork when he returns next week - I'm sure he'd love to keep in touch too.

Speak soon

Nikki
Old Dec 11th 2012, 2:15 pm
To infinity and Beyond !!

tattoo99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Visa Question ....got all relevent paperwork to send to london ...but confused as to weather to send passport or a copy of the passport ...Am i actually applying for a temp resident visa or not ?
confused.com
any Help Guy's ?
Old Dec 11th 2012, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by tattoo99
Visa Question ....got all relevent paperwork to send to london ...but confused as to weather to send passport or a copy of the passport ...Am i actually applying for a temp resident visa or not ?
confused.com
any Help Guy's ?
Think iv'e sussed this one But my passport expires in oct2013 and hope this does not effect the app
Old Dec 11th 2012, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

????
your twp lasts as long as your passport is valid.
what are you sending to London?
thought the Loblaws drivers were picking up TWP at point of entry into Canada.
you can arrive in Canada with LMO,paperwork you get TWP at airport.
if passport running out in oct2012 thats all the time you get
Old Dec 11th 2012, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by jamesmc
????
Yeah got the lmo number and all other docs to send ...just trying to work out the fee ..think its £100 ...but need to clarify this
Passport runs till oct 2013 so have time to re-apply for a new one

Last edited by tattoo99; Dec 11th 2012 at 2:40 pm.
Old Dec 11th 2012, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

meritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nice

Originally Posted by tattoo99
Think iv'e sussed this one But my passport expires in oct2013 and hope this does not effect the app
GET A NEW PASSPORT.they probably won't issue anything on a passport that old,if i remember correctly i was told to have at least 3 to 4 years left on it.
Old Dec 11th 2012, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

MrYak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meritor
GET A NEW PASSPORT.they probably won't issue anything on a passport that old.
+1

Should be OK to apply to the Embassy with the one you have, but get a new passport before you arrive. Will save you a lot of hassle down the line.
Old Dec 11th 2012, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jamesmc
????
No mate, we have to have our TWP`s in place before our flights get booked
Old Dec 11th 2012, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

ok didnt realise company insisted on twp from london instead of picking up at airport..
ps its -22c +windchill in MB at mo..

jimmy.
Old Dec 11th 2012, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

MrYak is an unknown quantity at this point

You get your work permit from immigration when you land in Canada.

You get a letter of recommendation from the Embassy in London to give to immigration.
Old Dec 11th 2012, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MrYak

You get a letter of recommendation from the Embassy in London to give to immigration.
What ever next? thats a new one never heard o doing that but ya do it what ever way Loblaws want.
Old Dec 11th 2012, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, sorry mate i knew what i meant but didn`t put it very well thanks
Old Jan 17th 2013, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

Bit confused, does your letter come in the post physically or is it emailed to you. My friend is coming over to work for Loblaws too but only sent in his paperwork 4 weeks ago and has just received an email saying he`s been approved. My paperwork has been there 4 weeks longer than his and i`ve heard nothing ?? Does this time frame sound right as i thought it was likely to be 8 weeks minimum ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.