Loblaw

Old Nov 20th 2012, 12:00 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Loblaw

Originally Posted by dustyhoward
The job is far from boring
So tell us what sort of runs you get ? Same all the time or whatever you're given etc , are they still itching to get rid of the portacabin dwellers or have their standards improved drastically ? You running pikes/singles ?
Only 8 weeks until you can apply for nomination , who's looking after that aspect ,you or them ?
Old Nov 20th 2012, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dustyhoward
To top it off you get paid more than you would ever get paid in the uk
Must have had some very bad jobs in uk then. I will never earn as much as I did then but still manage a much higher standard of living.
Old Nov 20th 2012, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

russjp will become famous soon enoughrussjp will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mona Lisa 69
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congratulations russjp, well done!

I know you have a friend out here but if there is anything we or OH can help you with let us know and we'd be glad to try and help We'll look forward to seeing you in the New Year
Thanks very much and dont worry, i`m sure i`ll still have plenty of questions for you, it`ll be nice for my friend and his wife to be less pestered too lol
Old Nov 20th 2012, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

russjp will become famous soon enoughrussjp will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by dave_lol66
Must have had some very bad jobs in uk then. I will never earn as much as I did then but still manage a much higher standard of living.
Think it depends which part of the UK you are in really mate, There are vacancies still being advertised in our part of the country for less than £7 per hour and this is not much more than the National Minimum Wage. I am quite sad to be part of industry which has slid so far downhill in the last 5-10 years. If you speak to the old boys still in the business they`ll all tell you they were earning more money 20 years ago and i think you`d have to fall quite lucky nowadays to find a top paying job here anymore. Its sad but true i`m afraid
Old Nov 20th 2012, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kb33
Now BT is going to tell you how rich he is and moving over here just woudnt be worth it for him .
Been over this subject for the last six years .

Doing Ok Kev,
thanks for asking!!!

Defo for somebody in my position the Loblaws job does look attractive.

Thanks for the PM "Sats72" I will get back to you shortly!!!

BTW,
Don't you miss the "Shankill Protestant Boys"?!!!!!!!
Old Nov 20th 2012, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Big Truck

BTW,
More of a Govan Proddy Boys myself but Shankhill were brilliant in their day
Old Nov 21st 2012, 12:25 am
Just Joined

pat..sue is an unknown quantity at this point

I have had an offer of employment from Loblaws in Regina, can any of you guys who are there now give me your experience of working for them. Was finding accomodation easy, is it expensive, did the company help you in any way...did the company do most of the paperwork for you pr status or did you have to do it? What kind of money and hours are you getting if you don't mind me asking? I would appreciate any info you can provide.

thanks
Pat..Sue
Old Nov 21st 2012, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

Sats72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Big Truck
BTW,
I was in the SMFB when i was a kid, but I always liked the Shankill Road Defenders, far classier band i thought.
Old Nov 21st 2012, 3:33 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pat..sue
I have had an offer of employment from Loblaws in Regina, can any of you guys who are there now give me your experience of working for them. Was finding accomodation easy, is it expensive, did the company help you in any way...did the company do most of the paperwork for you pr status or did you have to do it? What kind of money and hours are you getting if you don't mind me asking? I would appreciate any info you can provide.

thanks
Pat..Sue
The paperwork for PR is simple , download the relevant forms from tinternet and away you go ,it's not in any company's interest to hurry the process along .By doing it yourself you'll probably save months and it's not so daunting , you'll be in charge of your affairs rather than your employer .
Old Nov 21st 2012, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

heydon1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
The paperwork for PR is simple , download the relevant forms from internet and away you go ,it's not in any company's interest to hurry the process along .By doing it yourself you'll probably save months and it's not so daunting , you'll be in charge of your affairs rather than your employer .
the forms are easy to fill out you can do it online and print them off just remember to print them all at the same time not as you go along as there will be a bar code on the bottom and if you print it out at different times you get different bar codes and they will send it straight back to you if you fill them in by hand there isn't a bar code to worry about its neater to fill it online and looks more professional also you can save it and come back to it again look at Alberta immigration forms you should be able to goggle it they tell you which forms you need and what proofs you need to send ie work history letters of former employers to back your application things like that
Old Nov 21st 2012, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

dustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nice

Hi pat..sue
Welcome to loblaws it is a good company to work for I've been with them for 4 and a half months
Really nice mix of people to work with
Shifts vary with pretty much what you want
It's mostly night work you can have fixed weeks or varied what ever floats your boat money's good
I will send you a pm
Old Nov 21st 2012, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

pat..sue is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for your quick reply dustyhoward...yep sounds good thanks for the advice iv got my az licence already just a matter of gettin the keys and go... thanks pat..sue sent you a pm
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 1:21 pm
To infinity and Beyond !!

tattoo99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys just had conformation of job after interview on 19th nov
Getting mixed feelings trawling through the forum .."Should i stay or should i go" i ask myself ......anyone working for loblaws that could give me the heads up ..would be appreciated
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

Mona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really nice

Originally Posted by tattoo99
Hi Guys just had conformation of job after interview on 19th nov
Getting mixed feelings trawling through the forum .."Should i stay or should i go" i ask myself ......anyone working for loblaws that could give me the heads up ..would be appreciated
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Tattoo99 - this is the question we all ask on here should I stay, should I go! This is something that everyone will tell you that only you can answer. I think if you are doubting it then the answer is probably no. Very difficult to answer this question as everyone has a different expectation and different circumstances. I will say though that there are a lot worse companies out there to work for than Loblaw and is a good route into Canada, albeit some people cannot stand Regina, I guess it's not for everyone, but we are happy here

For us (my hubby works at Loblaw) it was a yes all the way, well for him anyway, i've just gone with the flow in the end and had not major expectations. The weather has not surprised me one bit as really did expect the weather conditions we are getting, just never experienced them before. I guess on a brighter note the summer was good this year too, so maybe I have that to look forward to next year

Just think about it seriously though as the Loblaw job is not as easy as people make out and you will find yourself moaning about the job the same as everyone else. No job is perfect, so to speak, all jobs have their problems and by personal experience being British, we love to moan. One thing I will say, is seriously think about the weather conditions, Sask (Regina), does have seriously bad weather conditions, changing from hour to hour from fog, freezing rain (strange experience of -12 degrees and raining!), snow, ice etc etc. An these will be nothing like you would of experienced in the UK. Really boils down to what you are looking for in a job. The roads are not as great as what you think either and they are an go on for miles with not a sole in sight - not necessarily a problem. For my hubby most of the time this is fine as not stuck on M25 car park or London traffic, so he kinda enjoys it.

With regards to Regina, this is a fairly small place and a lot of people I reckon would out grow it fairly quick, but suits us down to the ground. There is enough here for us and we were both sick of the London lifestyle (although we lived in Essex), hussle and bustle of that rush rush rush attitude we seem to have in the UK.

With regards to the job at Loblaw and shifts etc, i'm sure one of the guys will personal message you once you have posted three time on here to give you a heads up on what this entails.

All in all in my experience Canada is not as cheap as you think, although wages compensate I guess in some respects (well for us they do). Regina is small but bigger than I expected. The weather conditions (so far) have not been as bad as I imagined, but then I'm not driving in them and I'm fairly local to most of the shops I need. I think here is a lifestyle that you are moving to not just a job.

I'm not sure any of the above will help, but is an opinion
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Mona Lisa 69

With regards to the job at Loblaw and shifts etc, i'm sure one of the guys will personal message you once you have posted three time on here to give you a heads up on what this entails.
That's the biggest PITA on these forums, so many people ask for info, but it's not posted on the open forum...why? Isn't everyone here to help everyone?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.