Loblaw

Old Nov 17th 2012, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

dustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nice
Default Re: Loblaw

Well big truck you are not even here and you dont see what's going on here
Why judge
Old Nov 17th 2012, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

heydon1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dustyhoward
It is mainly because as you say people don't want to drive trucks in winter and the company will do what it can to fill the positions
And Britain is not a good place to be for drivers so why not start there
Im really enjoying driving out here the roads arnt as congested the scenery is super people are friendly and sometimes you can drive to different jobs without seeing a car when you compare it to the UK and the m25 around London on a Friday afternoon when its like a car park its a whole new ball game out here i`ve been back and fore BC on a regular basis and even with all the snow everyone still goes to work where in the UK you sh*t a snowflake and the whole country grinds to a halt canada is better geared up for the winter
Old Nov 17th 2012, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Why judge
He wasn't judging, he was asking!
Old Nov 18th 2012, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Why judge
I'm ASKING (as Mick says),
as it would have been (at one time) a job that would be up my and other guy's streets who have a young family and didn't do the continental work in the UK, so don't really know what its like to be away for 7/14 days at a time.

In common with other people "nights away" living in a truck no matter how good/easy/well paid the "lifestyle", long haul work is just not an option for me and Loblaws looks a good bet for those guys who think along similar lines.

I could easily put up with the monotonous nature of your work back and forth across the TC1 but just a pity Loblaws don't have something similar set up around Calgary or maybe even Nova Scotia on similar money as I just don't fancy Regina/Sask as a place to live.
Old Nov 18th 2012, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

dustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nice

Well I don't spend any nights away from home
And living in Regina is actually a lot better than I thought its ok here plenty to do
Old Nov 18th 2012, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

russjp will become famous soon enoughrussjp will become famous soon enough

I`m on my way - had the phone call today offering me a position so my work permit application is going in and we`re coming to Canada
Old Nov 18th 2012, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: Loblaw

Congratulations good stuff see you soon well done you will love it here
Old Nov 19th 2012, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

russjp will become famous soon enoughrussjp will become famous soon enough

Congratulations good stuff see you soon well done you will love it here
Cheers Dusty will hopefully see you around March time
Old Nov 19th 2012, 6:17 am
Just Joined

MrYak is an unknown quantity at this point

Well Done russjp congrats.

Big Truck, Loblaws do have trucks based in Calgary. The work from there is all currently to Alberta so wouldn't qualify as long haul for an LMO.
Nothing to stop you relocating there after sucking it up in Regina for a couple of years.
Regina's not a bad place really.
Old Nov 19th 2012, 2:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Now BT is going to tell you how rich he is and moving over here just woudnt be worth it for him .
Been over this subject for the last six years .
Old Nov 19th 2012, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

Mona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really nice

Originally Posted by russjp
I`m on my way - had the phone call today offering me a position so my work permit application is going in and we`re coming to Canada
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congratulations russjp, well done!

I know you have a friend out here but if there is anything we or OH can help you with let us know and we'd be glad to try and help We'll look forward to seeing you in the New Year
Old Nov 19th 2012, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

It's good here in Regina people moan about saying stomaching Regina
There is a fair amount to do here and of course there's Regina beach too which is really nice
Old Nov 19th 2012, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Well let's face it BT when are you going to be a man and venture to the wild west or are you going to stay in Belfast and be told what to do by Brussels
Or is the winters just too cold for you
Old Nov 19th 2012, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

The job is far from boring
Old Nov 19th 2012, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

The roads are clear the scenery is great the wild life is amazing the weather is bizarre keeps things interesting does the weather and to top it off you get paid more than you would ever get paid in the uk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.