Loblaw

Old Nov 3rd 2012, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice
Default Re: Loblaw

I had a PM from someone working there and he says hes more than happy with the job and company .

" Anyhow, so, so delighted I made the move and that I joined Loblaws I hope to stay a long time with them if I can. "
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

dustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nice

If they want more all they have to do is ask there's no point putting good advice on here to everyone and then certain people ridicule what's been put there even though they have no idea
So those of you out there who are having an interview and want to know more by all means ask
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

dustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nice

I love my job with loblaws it works really well and I really enjoy driving pykes
Old Nov 4th 2012, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

Mona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really nice

Not sure Loblaw's for everyone, but any job can be same. Just wish anyone same luck as my hubby who is loving it, but guess not for everyone! thing is my hubby wanted to move to Canada and had his heart set on it, so together we have worked at it.

Wish anyone else the same if they can do it and really want it you make things work.
Old Nov 4th 2012, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

alandoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mona Lisa 69
Not sure Loblaw's for everyone, but any job can be same. Just wish anyone same luck as my hubby who is loving it, but guess not for everyone! thing is my hubby wanted to move to Canada and had his heart set on it, so together we have worked at it.

Wish anyone else the same if they can do it and really want it you make things work.
You need both of you to be pulling in the same direction then you'll love it. But if there are cracks in the UK think long & hard. I went out to PEI 2 years ago, my Mother died when I was out there after only 4 months. I went home to a funeral & a messy divorce... The warning signs were there, but in my haste to be in Canada I ignored them.

Been back since July, all is ok & I'm really pleased with how it's going. I made sure all the loose ends were sorted out this time.
Old Nov 4th 2012, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dustyhoward
I love my job with loblaws it works really well and I really enjoy driving pykes
As one of the ones who does have an idea , what is it that you drive ?
Old Nov 4th 2012, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

Chicken lights and chrome is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by dustyhoward
Hello turkey bulb I'm back
Turkey bulb, I like that

So seeing as you've sussed out the banter side of things and are playing nicely, how about telling the masses about the job?

Has it lived up to your expectations?

What are the runs like?

Are you getting the miles and the home time you were promised?

What does an average week consist of?

How are you and your family enjoying living in Regina?

Would you recommend the job to others?

Do you think you will still feel the same in 6months?

What do you think of the weather and the road conditions so far?
Old Nov 5th 2012, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

TBH Loblaws could be a good move for some ,as I've said all along despite knowing sod all about the job .The two concerns I have are the immigration through the PNP not being as easy as has been made out,no long haul etc.The real stickler for me being that the PIKES now switch at the Headingley Coop at around 1-2 in the morning which is disturbing my good nights sleep ,maybe if the weather carries on as present it'll be 4-5 and that'll be bearable.There again ,what do I know ?
Old Nov 5th 2012, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

Chicken lights and chrome is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
TBH Loblaws could be a good move for some ,as I've said all along despite knowing sod all about the job .The two concerns I have are the immigration through the PNP not being as easy as has been made out,no long haul etc.The real stickler for me being that the PIKES now switch at the Headingley Coop at around 1-2 in the morning which is disturbing my good nights sleep ,maybe if the weather carries on as present it'll be 4-5 and that'll be bearable.There again ,what do I know ?
I can't see Loblaw taking a chance on the PNP, I'm sure they've got that covered, bit of a short term sticking plaster if they haven't.

I don't get disturbed by their pikes, they're all behaving themselves in my experience, except for their bloody fog lights

Mind you, one of your T800s was giving me arc eye the other night coming out of S'Toon with badly adjusted fog lights in my mirrors...
Old Nov 5th 2012, 3:44 am
BE Enthusiast

If that was Friday night it could well have been me ,mucho apologies but my low beams are useless so I leave the spots on whilst on 4 lanes unless I have objections .
What a nightmare Toontown was that night , backed into my final delivery site and got out to walk into the office then the bloody truck started following down the yard on the ice ,holy smokes that was a clencher , let alone trying to coax her back back up to the road again .
Roll on the minus 10's and below cos these temps screw everything sideways .

Thinking back it couldn't have been me , I'd recognize the olde worlde Ducknosaur from miles away LOL .

Last edited by flat to the mat; Nov 5th 2012 at 3:57 am. Reason: DOH
Old Nov 5th 2012, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

Mona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Chicken lights and chrome
Turkey bulb, I like that

So seeing as you've sussed out the banter side of things and are playing nicely, how about telling the masses about the job?

What are the runs like?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Probably not best person to answer questions above, but have a rough idea and again just an opinion - For my husband yes job has lived up to his expectations, as working in UK he would leave on a Monday morning at around 3am/4am and most weeks not return until Friday around 8pm. So thought of being able to sleep in his own bed every day a bonus in itself!

With regards to the runs, depends on what run you land up picking or getting, again my hubby happy with his run. Roads maybe not as good as originally thought, but in general he was lucky enough to get something that suited him, but this might not suit everyone depending on what your original job was in the UK.

As said above he manages to sleep in his own bed everyday so for him the hours he is doing are fine, but some of the other runs some of the guys are doing could of left him being away from home for days on end (not weeks though).

Ok, fair play to those out for days on end and they might be earning a bit more money than my hubby, but at end of day, it has to also be a quality of life too, as no point him killing himself to earn a few extra dollars. He appears to be earning enough to pay the bills and still have money left over to have a few beers and do the enjoyable things he likes.

I think for us it is about lifestyle and not all about earning a fortune and that we get to spend more time together and be able to enjoy things.

Personally I think it's difficult to recommend to others as everyone has different situations and expectations. I think in our case it was more of wanting to get out of the UK and Canada seemed appealing. An Canada would provide a better environment and lifestyle for us, again not for everyone. An in our situation we didn't have kids we were bringing over and having to put through school, so slightly easier as only having to settle ourselves.

Can't comment on how hubby will feel in 6 months as not got there yet and as for weather conditions. Snow only barely just started so could be a whole different scenario. -30 conditions still to experience, but i have been told by a fair few Canadian friends that it is one of those things that you just deal with and at least Canada is prepared. Unlike the UK where I know we don't have this weather regular so the whole country hits a standstill!

I know the west country had 6 inches of snow yesterday and really freak weather conditions, so something that was so not predictable!

I guess at least in Canada your expecting it and deal with it! I know going to work sometimes in London was chore in itself with wrong leaves on the tracks, so if snow arrived was always a no no to be able to get to work.

Not sure any of the above would help anyone, but just our experience so far!

I'd like to hear from anyone else out there who have done the same and how they are getting on.

I think moving anywhere will never be smooth. My sister moved recently from Luton to Torquay and her husband is still looking for work 9 months later, although better lifestyle for them its not been easy and a big step for them after living somewhere for nearly 25 years.
Old Nov 5th 2012, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

WAKKA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chicken lights and chrome
Turkey bulb, I like that

What are the runs like?

I would also add whats the cost of living like?

And how long did it take you to get into your own rented accommodation
Old Nov 5th 2012, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

WAKKA is an unknown quantity at this point

Still cant help but get a little excited and it is only an interview
Old Nov 6th 2012, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Mona Lisa you're bang on with the quality v quantity attitude , why move all the way out here and have a lifestyle that's no better ?
There is so much work in SK that once hubby is free from his obligations he can pick and choose whatever suits him ,be it Loblaws or whoever . A good situation to be in Did you manage to get your TWP at arrival ?
Old Nov 6th 2012, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by WAKKA
I would also add whats the cost of living like?

And how long did it take you to get into your own rented accommodation
-------------------------------------------

Unfortunately, can't comment on cost of living realistically as our rent includes, electric, water, cable TV, Internet etc so individually do not know what they cost. This seems comman as few other lads doing it this way too.

Hubby managed to secure a house after being there a month so not too bad an the other two lads he was out there with did too. Think you can be fairly lucky with accommodation as seems plenty just have to be careful of certain areas rougher than others

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.