Loblaw

Old Aug 2nd 2012, 7:58 am
Just Joined

Angelkinz11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: Loblaw

Originally Posted by heydon1983
what type of trucking does he want to do theres diffrent types theres long distance work shot distance work oilfield driving jobs where you work 15 on and 6 off which part of canada are you thinking of settling in
Hey Heydon, My hubby chris likes long distence, he was interested in hauling the Uranium..but to be honest as long as he has a decent truck to work in he dosnt mind what he do's driving wise because he loves doing it..and the break he gets from his 3 daughters and me He drives HETs at the minute contracted to the army..and when he's not on drag doing that they hire him out to agencies doing 3rd party work anything from Asda to hauling huge metal pipes out of Dawsons..so he is used to switching jobs constantly and has built a very good name for himself within his jobs.as in they phone and ask for him by name constantly...but he is tired after 16+ being in green kit and wants a complete break from the forces side of things..and Canada gets discussed about 3 times a year..this time we thought why not?..so here we are trying...i've researched into the provinces and either SK or Alberta ..want to stay away from the huge cities and be more rural..as long as the schools are good then we dont mind..TimeLine were offering around the 70k mark wage wise ..and with having 3 kids thats about the wage we are looking for How are you finding life in canada Heydon?..any advice for first timers please?
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 8:03 am
Just Joined

Angelkinz11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Loblaw

Originally Posted by Angelkinz11
Hey Heydon, My hubby chris likes long distence, he was interested in hauling the Uranium..but to be honest as long as he has a decent truck to work in he dosnt mind what he do's driving wise because he loves doing it..and the break he gets from his 3 daughters and me He drives HETs at the minute contracted to the army..and when he's not on drag doing that they hire him out to agencies doing 3rd party work anything from Asda to hauling huge metal pipes out of Dawsons..so he is used to switching jobs constantly and has built a very good name for himself within his jobs.as in they phone and ask for him by name constantly...but he is tired after 16+ being in green kit and wants a complete break from the forces side of things..and Canada gets discussed about 3 times a year..this time we thought why not?..so here we are trying...i've researched into the provinces and either SK or Alberta ..want to stay away from the huge cities and be more rural..as long as the schools are good then we dont mind..TimeLine were offering around the 70k mark wage wise ..and with having 3 kids thats about the wage we are looking for How are you finding life in canada Heydon?..any advice for first timers please?
Plus the fact we decided it would be more benneficial him going to canada then going over to Afghan again..either way he'd be gone another year..me and the girls are used to him not being here often...so thats not a big deal..we are willing to wait and find a perm job as thats all chris has had and he wouldnt want to do agency either here or abroad..he's a bloody hard worker and all he wants is a good company to get into, keep his head down do the work and provide for his family..he's not fussy he gets on with whatever he's been given and makes the best of it..my hope is that he finds a good company who look after their drivers ..because he deserves it. sorry my spelling is horrific today ..havent had enough coffee yet lol : )
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

heydon1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Loblaw

Originally Posted by Angelkinz11
Plus the fact we decided it would be more benneficial him going to canada then going over to Afghan again..either way he'd be gone another year..me and the girls are used to him not being here often...so thats not a big deal..we are willing to wait and find a perm job as thats all chris has had and he wouldnt want to do agency either here or abroad..he's a bloody hard worker and all he wants is a good company to get into, keep his head down do the work and provide for his family..he's not fussy he gets on with whatever he's been given and makes the best of it..my hope is that he finds a good company who look after their drivers ..because he deserves it. sorry my spelling is horrific today ..havent had enough coffee yet lol : )
im ex army as well so are some of the people who have come out here to work i work in the oilfields as a sand bulker which is an ok job your up and down the road on it and off it all the time going to diffrent places i normally do 15 on and 6 off but am home in the nights a couple of the days which breaks them up nicely i think darcol were looking for drivers you could try asking gremmie he works for them you want to stay away from h and r transport because they are totaly shit they use and abuse forigen workers theres a thread on here about them you might want to read as for me i live in red deer its between edmonton and calgary its a nice sized town with a population of about 90.000 people thers plenty of green areas and lots of things for the family to do here its also a chilled and relexed way of life here compered to the uk where everyone is in a hurry and traffic jams are 20 mile long theres none of that here the roads are long straight and open and the secenery when your out on the road is fantastic if you google living in alberta it will bring up a website and give you more info on alberta in general theres also a job website called canadian job bank a lot of companys also advertise on there but your hubby needs 1 with an lmo in place so they can recruit forigen workers theres a thread on here could watts and stewarts they are looking for drivers and i think they have a few lmos in place you could try them website is wattsstewart.com good luck if you need any more info ill try to help you as best as i can
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 1:27 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mona Lisa 69
Well personally can't say if Loblaw is living up to expectations as yet, hubby seems to think it's ok, they've been very friendly as bosses which he did't have over ere, but guess jobs a job at end of day. He's doing 5 on 3 off at moment and looking at maybe changing to 4 on 4 off. Heard about Harbour Landing steering clear of there. Just look forward to the next stage where I can move over hopefully few more weeks, then the stage when I can eventually work.
Worst comes to worst it'll be 6 months before you can work,but try to get a work permit when you come through immigration,it has been known.Loblaws were meant to sort this issue for wives/partners with SINP,but shouldn't rely on that happening.
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

Mona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really nice

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Worst comes to worst it'll be 6 months before you can work,but try to get a work permit when you come through immigration,it has been known.Loblaws were meant to sort this issue for wives/partners with SINP,but shouldn't rely on that happening.
Yeah six months off not such bad thing an as ya say could try at port of entry, not sure if I will. Loblaw told my husband I can't apply till been there six month, so just have to wait an see. Time will tell
Old Aug 16th 2012, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

vickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud of

I ran into a few british guys at loblaws the other day when I was loading there they seen to be enjoying it so far. It was nice to meet you guys hopefully I will run into you guys again.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

Mona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really nice

Well day 10 of my first trip to Regina an not that bad weather been ok so far an sure it gets cold in winter but lovin the summer at the moment.

Liking where hubby chosen for us to live nice little community not too far for him for work an close to shops for me for time being, sure in time we'll find somewhere else maybe even bit further out but it'll do for now. Housing ere not as cheap as expected but still affordable!

Everyone been really nice an hubby in to swing of job although nothing ever perfect doing ok so far. Lots to get used to but guess 40 years of doing same thing any change is difficult, although both going with flow at the moment, an I can't wait to come back once house is completed.

Seems Loblaw not as bad as some made out guess no job perfect but guess ya gotta give it try, not for everyone though.

Thanks to everyone that gave advice bad and good guess ya never know till ya try an hopefully will all work out good for us :-)
Old Sep 10th 2012, 1:41 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you are off to a good start and enjoying it. It's always a learning curve in the beginning
Old Sep 10th 2012, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

where2now will become famous soon enough

Great to hear some positive news on this thread, I've been keeping an eye on it from the beginning and wish you and your husband all the best on your new move.

I was in Regina tipping a couple of weeks ago and it seem to be a nice place with plenty of new housing, jobs etc....

I'm over in Manitoba which has a similar rural aspect, my wife was over for the last 2 weeks as we are also looking to move, glad to hear youve found somewhere and like the place.

No job is perfect and moving over here to work means learing something new every day (well still for me anyway) I'm sure the Loblaw job will work out, if not there are no shortage of driving jobs at the moment especially once you have the licence and are out here.

Good luck
Old Nov 1st 2012, 8:36 am
Just Joined

WAKKA is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there I am looking for some honest advice about Loblaw I have an interview in November and am looking to be out there for march time I understand having read through most of the posts here that some people went earlier this year any advice would be much welcome as for poor road conditions having done 2 winter tours of Bosnia the winter is not something I am worried about but if there is anything about the job you wished you knew before you got there I would be gratefull as the Chinese proverb goes a wise man learns from his mistakes, a wiser man learns from other people's
Old Nov 1st 2012, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

Chicken lights and chrome is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by WAKKA
Hi there I am looking for some honest advice about Loblaw I have an interview in November and am looking to be out there for march time I understand having read through most of the posts here that some people went earlier this year any advice would be much welcome as for poor road conditions having done 2 winter tours of Bosnia the winter is not something I am worried about but if there is anything about the job you wished you knew before you got there I would be gratefull as the Chinese proverb goes a wise man learns from his mistakes, a wiser man learns from other people's
Hopefully you'll get a PM from one of the people who are on there, they haven't been on here much since they were telling us all it's the best job in the world and that nobody else knew what they were talking about
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

dustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nice

Originally Posted by Chicken lights and chrome
Hopefully you'll get a PM from one of the people who are on there, they haven't been on here much since they were telling us all it's the best job in the world and that nobody else knew what they were talking about
Hello turkey bulb I'm back
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dustyhoward
Hello turkey bulb I'm back
... and?

Please tell us it's EXACTLY as you were promised.
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

dustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nice

Originally Posted by mickfly
... and?

Please tell us it's EXACTLY as you were promised.
Certainly is and more
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dustyhoward
Certainly is and more
Very informative. I'm sure that will help lots of people to make their minds up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.