LMO has arrived !!!!!

Old Jun 30th 2014, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LMO has arrived !!!!!

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Given that this thread is from last Oct, I think she may actually have made it by now.
ya think,,, we are still taking bets they either dont come or pack up and go home after 6 months
Old Jul 19th 2014, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

tomscott is an unknown quantity at this point

LMO timescales vary massively, and the whole system has changed recently, so how long it took karla03 is unlikely to have any bearing on your own timescale. As an average, figure about 12-16 weeks from when the company applies, but each case is different.

You don't need a medical for a TWP if you're a trucker though, so that won't have any bearing on timings.

HTH.
Thanks for that. Still waiting at this moment in time.
Old Jul 19th 2014, 3:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tomscott
Thanks for that. Still waiting at this moment in time.
OK, when did your employer actually apply, do you know? Was it before all the changes to the foreign worker program?
Old Jul 19th 2014, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

OK, when did your employer actually apply, do you know? Was it before all the changes to the foreign worker program?
Am not too sure mate. I've just emailed the woman who I'm dealing with and asked her when they applied. I presume it was before as I was there in April. It's westcan who am aiming for.
Old Jul 19th 2014, 4:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Am not too sure mate. I've just emailed the woman who I'm dealing with and asked her when they applied. I presume it was before as I was there in April. It's westcan who am aiming for.
You really need to find out when exactly they applied if you want to have any idea of timescale, and also need to double check that the app won't be sent back due to the recent changes (some have been, if they only applied a week or two before the changes).

Good luck.
Old Jul 19th 2014, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

You really need to find out when exactly they applied if you want to have any idea of timescale, and also need to double check that the app won't be sent back due to the recent changes (some have been, if they only applied a week or two before the changes).

Good luck.
Ye will do mate. I don't think she works weekends so will have to wait till Monday now.
Old Jul 19th 2014, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future

We made it ha ha ha ha - I've been here since early May and Simon arrived the first week of March. The whole process took about 12 weeks or so but we had to apply for the TWP in the UK (that took 8 weeks alone) as the LMO had an expiry date before Simon could get to Canada and do it at the boarder.
Old Jul 19th 2014, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by karla03
We made it ha ha ha ha - I've been here since early May and Simon arrived the first week of March. The whole process took about 12 weeks or so but we had to apply for the TWP in the UK (that took 8 weeks alone) as the LMO had an expiry date before Simon could get to Canada and do it at the boarder.
Is that what it took from them applying for the lmo to you getting it?
Old Jul 19th 2014, 4:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Is that what it took from them applying for the lmo to you getting it?
As said above, it was 12 weeks, but tbh that's not really relevant to you as it was a long time before you applied, and timescales for processing change all the time.

If you want up to date and current info on LMO timescales (actually, they're called LMIA's now, but for the sake of easy recognition I'm still calling them LMO's!), then there's a thread in the Canadian immi section about them.
Old Jul 19th 2014, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Originally Posted by karla03

Soooo , Hows it's going ? What are your thoughts on Sherwood Park /Edmonton , I see you haven't done a winter yet , Perhaps I should ask again next spring (May ) Just curious as I know you were out on a research trip same time as us back in 2007 and decided not to make the move. We did and I still haven't been back to the UK since . I know Westcan Edmonton have a pretty shitty reputation among drivers, Every time I went there the people weren't very nice . Lots of other jobs though in that area once you get PR .
Old Jul 28th 2014, 12:30 am
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future

We love Sherwood Park - it was the perfect place for us. We have only been into Edmonton city centre once and I found it very busy - but still a nice place. To be honest Westcan have been true to their word with everything they have said, Simon just keeps his head down and just does his job. Everyone is different - he's heard the good, the bad and the ugly - we just take everything with a punch of salt to be honest. He does the hours and we are very happy with the wage.

Yes - not moving to Canada years ago was a big mistake but at the time we were not as financially stable as we are now and we had a few family issues going on. Anyway we are older, wiser and glad we have made the move.

The summer so far is fantastic, I'm looking forward to winter in a way - but yes, ask me next May once I've lived here 12 months.
Old Jul 28th 2014, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Yup we had six Alberta winters and that was enough for us , Its was either go home or go west , So we ended up in Kamloops , First winter was a breeze compared to AB , Shorter / milder and Kamloops was our original choice 7 years ago anyway . Currently enjoying a great summer with temps in the mid 30s week after week , First snow didn't fall till the end of November last year as well . Im sure youre first winter will be a novelty at first , white christmas and all that and your first experience of eyelids freezing together Some people just accept it and get on with life . You may be one of those . Time will soon tell , Good luck
Old Jul 30th 2014, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

Smudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really nice

Originally Posted by kb33
Yup we had six Alberta winters and that was enough for us , Its was either go home or go west , So we ended up in Kamloops , First winter was a breeze compared to AB , Shorter / milder and Kamloops was our original choice 7 years ago anyway . Currently enjoying a great summer with temps in the mid 30s week after week , First snow didn't fall till the end of November last year as well . Im sure youre first winter will be a novelty at first , white christmas and all that and your first experience of eyelids freezing together Some people just accept it and get on with life . You may be one of those . Time will soon tell , Good luck
That's the difference between Bradford and Leeds, we have more resolve from Bradford
Old Jul 30th 2014, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Smudger75
That's the difference between Bradford and Leeds, we have more resolve from Bradford
Think thats you in the middle ...