LMO has arrived !!!!!

Old Oct 19th 2013, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future
Default LMO has arrived !!!!!

Well Simon's LMO has arrived at Westcan and we could not be happier. Simon is going to fly to Canada in late Feb early March of next year and we will be following around June/July time.

He's going to be working for the Edmonton Terminal and I was just wondering how often he will be out/ home etc etc. We've been told that he will be out for 7 nights and home for 2, but it would be nice to hear from someone with personal knowledge of the runs, job etc.

We are all so excited and can't wait to move and start a fresh chapter in our lives.
Old Oct 19th 2013, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

Smudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really nice
Smile Re: LMO has arrived !!!!!

Originally Posted by karla03
Well Simon's LMO has arrived at Westcan and we could not be happier. Simon is going to fly to Canada in late Feb early March of next year and we will be following around June/July time.

He's going to be working for the Edmonton Terminal and I was just wondering how often he will be out/ home etc etc. We've been told that he will be out for 7 nights and home for 2, but it would be nice to hear from someone with personal knowledge of the runs, job etc.

We are all so excited and can't wait to move and start a fresh chapter in our lives.
The time he get off will depend on what pruduct they put him on! Have they told him what he will be hauling?
Old Oct 20th 2013, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future
Default Re: LMO has arrived !!!!!

I have not been told what I am hauling as denise has said that they will get more of an idea what suits me when they see what capabilities I have. Hopefully b-train fuel. Fingers crossed.
Old Oct 20th 2013, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Ask his new employer not listen to some rumor mongers on here...
Old Oct 20th 2013, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

Smudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really nice

I have not been told what I am hauling as denise has said that they will get more of an idea what suits me when they see what capabilities I have. Hopefully b-train fuel. Fingers crossed.
It will definitely be a be a B train, as that's 99.9 percent of our work! If you get sulphur at first don't be disappointed, it's steady constant work and good rate of pay!
Old Oct 21st 2013, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

spanners is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome to the jungle!!
Old Nov 1st 2013, 3:28 am
Banned

Ancient Alien is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Grief Karla... I thought you were already over here...
Old Nov 3rd 2013, 3:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ancient Alien
Good Grief Karla... I thought you were already over here...
hey Lyndon really ?? you thought she was here

LOL.. we could start a charity sweep stake on how long they stay or even if they get here
Old Nov 5th 2013, 6:06 am
Just Joined

Smiley face is an unknown quantity at this point

What hourly rate are they offering? If it's ok to ask.
My LMO just came in yesterday for Hoffman in Lloydminster. Love to hear from someone in the know.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gremmie - You can honestly think what you want. Yes its taken us years to get back onto moving to Canada and we are in the final stages of moving now and I will be in Canada by this time next year.

Shove the charity sweepstake where the sun doesn't shine
Old Jun 24th 2014, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

tomscott is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi karla03,

How long did it take from westcan applying for the lmo to you getting the nod and the job offer through? Im currently in the waiting for the lmo process from the goverment. Ive had an interview at westcan back in april and also had my medical. Ive filled out all the forms and everything they want so surley its just a matter of time. Thanks
Old Jun 24th 2014, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Milanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the rough

Congratulation Karla!
You are geting there!
Old Jun 27th 2014, 6:23 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Milanuk
Congratulation Karla!
You are geting there!
Given that this thread is from last Oct, I think she may actually have made it by now.
Old Jun 27th 2014, 6:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tomscott
Hi karla03,

How long did it take from westcan applying for the lmo to you getting the nod and the job offer through? Im currently in the waiting for the lmo process from the goverment. Ive had an interview at westcan back in april and also had my medical. Ive filled out all the forms and everything they want so surley its just a matter of time. Thanks
LMO timescales vary massively, and the whole system has changed recently, so how long it took karla03 is unlikely to have any bearing on your own timescale. As an average, figure about 12-16 weeks from when the company applies, but each case is different.

You don't need a medical for a TWP if you're a trucker though, so that won't have any bearing on timings.

HTH.
Old Jun 27th 2014, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

Milanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the rough

Lol :-) I didnt check the date

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.