LMO companies

Old Sep 14th 2014, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LMO companies

Agree, 100%
Old Sep 14th 2014, 4:35 am
Just Joined

jimbob1009 is an unknown quantity at this point

I work for h&r and fueling is not a pain. When in Canada we use esso which are all on major roads and there are plenty of them. When in the USA we use flying j and pilot. Once again there are plenty to choose from. There is certainly no hunting for places to fuel.
Old Sep 14th 2014, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimbob1009
I work for h&r and fueling is not a pain. When in Canada we use esso which are all on major roads and there are plenty of them. When in the USA we use flying j and pilot. Once again there are plenty to choose from. There is certainly no hunting for places to fuel.
My mate was having problems finding the fuel stops.I said to him ,didnt your trainer get you the location guides?Apparently not.Ok I didnt know they fueled up at FJ and Pilot in US ,makes things alot easier.
Old Sep 14th 2014, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

So you're saying they don't chop and change no more ?
If so then that's a good thing.
It wasn't the hunting for places to fuel, it was the fact that they'd change at the drop of a hat after you had planned them.

Last edited by neilg14; Sep 14th 2014 at 4:47 pm.
Old Sep 14th 2014, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

jimbob1009 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by neilg14
So you're saying they don't chop and change no more ?
If so then that's a good thing.
It wasn't the hunting for places to fuel, it was the fact that they'd change at the drop of a hat after you had planned them.
They change sometimes but 90% stay the same. If they do change it's usually only to one on the other side of the road.
Old Sep 15th 2014, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

They change sometimes but 90% stay the same. If they do change it's usually only to one on the other side of the road.
Fair enough but they've still got rediculously small tanks for distance work.
Old Jan 9th 2015, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

stretchyb is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a ex DJ Knoll driver and if i was you id look somewhere else than there.
once you are there Cindy which is the HR Manager will just leave you in limbo, She will cross out what she knows you have done and pays you what she thinks you have done.
If you are in Regina don't think your getting paid for work done on your truck as its your home base and you could go home is what she say's.
The workshop manager will dispute everything you say is wrong with the truck because he cannot be bothered to get it repaired.
The dispatchers don't want to find you work till after you have emptied and sat for 2-4 hrs, in which they wont pay you as they say the average waiting time is 6 hrs to get a load.
Once you get a load they will expect you to do all the paperwork and faxing to brokers and to the office as well
Old Jan 9th 2015, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stretchyb
I'm a ex DJ Knoll driver and if i was you id look somewhere else than there.
once you are there Cindy which is the HR Manager will just leave you in limbo, She will cross out what she knows you have done and pays you what she thinks you have done.
If you are in Regina don't think your getting paid for work done on your truck as its your home base and you could go home is what she say's.
The workshop manager will dispute everything you say is wrong with the truck because he cannot be bothered to get it repaired.
The dispatchers don't want to find you work till after you have emptied and sat for 2-4 hrs, in which they wont pay you as they say the average waiting time is 6 hrs to get a load.
Once you get a load they will expect you to do all the paperwork and faxing to brokers and to the office as well
Sounds pretty much like most canadian trucking companies
Old Jan 19th 2015, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Juggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond repute

From deciding to do it to actually arriving took me less than six months, cost me nothing, not flights or training or anything (except beer lol)
I did the research myself (online & two visits, one in February)
On return from one of my visits i had a few hours to kill in London so i went to the consulate there and the Canadian told me not to pay the thieving agencies as i could easily do it myself lol
I suppose being single it was easier for me, what wouldn't fit in a suitcase and a holdall i sold. the trucking company that offered me a job guided me through it all with no charge. There wasn't a contract binding me to them or anything.
I suppose everyone's experience is different too.
As for the rates quoted of 33c per mile that is very low, i wouldn't work for that BUT i do understand that people doing that has given them the opportunity to move here and once the contract has expired you can work for who ever you choose.
Old Jan 19th 2015, 11:25 pm
Flying Scotsman

Slippy will become famous soon enoughSlippy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by neilcumming
My mate was having problems finding the fuel stops.I said to him ,didnt your trainer get you the location guides?Apparently not.Ok I didnt know they fueled up at FJ and Pilot in US ,makes things alot easier.
Hey Neil how's it going goodbuddy fuel stops are getting a lot easier to come across, there's liads of apps that can make life a little easier, got a new freight liner and I'm sure it's got woopy bags for fuel tanks Yer lucky if I'm getting 300 mls to a half tank o fuel!!! So no passing the fuel stops that's for sure. Next thing on my list is sending off my PR application, it's gonna be a ball ache, but needs doing now as I've got my letter from company and 6 months have now passed so get it done and then it's the waiting game lol. Havnt Ben on expats since I left Britain, just been too busy, first 6 months is the hardest but things start settling down lol.
Old Jan 20th 2015, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Slippy
Hey Neil how's it going goodbuddy fuel stops are getting a lot easier to come across, there's liads of apps that can make life a little easier, got a new freight liner and I'm sure it's got woopy bags for fuel tanks Yer lucky if I'm getting 300 mls to a half tank o fuel!!! So no passing the fuel stops that's for sure. Next thing on my list is sending off my PR application, it's gonna be a ball ache, but needs doing now as I've got my letter from company and 6 months have now passed so get it done and then it's the waiting game lol. Havnt Ben on expats since I left Britain, just been too busy, first 6 months is the hardest but things start settling down lol.
Hi Kenny,good to hear that.Aye get your PR application sent off as soon as you can mate,you know it makes sense!