LMO companies

Old Jun 9th 2014, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LMO companies

Originally Posted by neilcumming
Thats funny about the Transx ,the other Neil lol.I spoke to one of these "lawyers" (or liers) in 2007 ,they wanted $8000 at the time ,I could smell the bs on the phone reciever!I blame Canadian goverment for letting it happen, they should have a better recruitment system in place and not leave it up to these cowboys!
Their initials weren't WB by any chance were they ?
Old Jun 9th 2014, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Too many Neils on here , gets confusing
Highlights the need for proper homework prior to taking the plunge , some guys at my original company paid $7500 , for what exactly ?????
Did it all ourselves without much trouble , biggest inconvenience was the trip to the Canadian Embassy at stupid oclock to get our visas . Knew you could do it at POE but wanted to make sure everything was dotted and crossed before leaving with the wife , two children , a container at sea , and a German Shepherd on the following flight .
I don't get how these companies can charge this sort of money or why people pay it.
That is one thing with H&R, you couldn't fault their set-up for getting immigrants over here, back then, although things have changed now.
It was easy for me, just me and a suitcase.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

Neil1x is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by neilg14
It cost me zilch, EVERYTHING was paid for, flights, hotel, food, taxis, medicals.
The company paid for my training, I paid it back to them over 9 weeks IIRC, then claimed about 85% of that back again on my taxes.
The only money I paid out was for licence exchange and obviously personal things.
As for tarring you the same as other drivers, that is crap, it isn't that they are failures, you don't understand yet, how crap those wages are that you have quoted, that's why there is a big drop out rate, like I said, you can always cut your losses and move on to a half decent company when you realise this and there are plenty of people that will help you.
Best of luck.
So you paid them back for the training. How much did it cost? if you don't mind me asking. I can also claim the fee on my taxes. But all said and done I'm just happy to be here and yes if it's not all they said it would be I will probably look elsewhere, but for now I'm staying put.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

My training cost about $1800 - $1900, can't remember the actual price and I got back over $1500, but this was over 7 yrs ago in Alberta, I've no idea of training costs now or where you are.
Old Jun 16th 2014, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Their initials weren't WB by any chance were they ?
The lawyers for Bison were a firm with a german name as far as I can remember.
Old Jun 24th 2014, 2:54 am
Just Joined

KDKJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the advice guys almost got drawn into something like this, paying over £3000 as im looking too...gonna hang on and do my research !
Old Jun 24th 2014, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

Milanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the rough

Dont pay to anybody for anything!
They need you! They have to pay !
thats it....end of subject!

I never payed to anybody to get the job....not even for training....
everything I had to pay in Canada was my driving licence....but thats probably what everybody had to....
but I got a big part of it back in tax refund the following year anyway....
Old Jun 25th 2014, 12:46 am
Flying Scotsman

Slippy will become famous soon enoughSlippy will become famous soon enough

I'm heading over on Thursday mate, flights paid and twp paid, all I have to fork out is $3500 for training and accommodation at sandman. Happy days, I nearly fell into that trap few months ago, this company wanted £2600 but lucky enough I got talking to some guys I met on this site, they swayed me from it and told me to stay away and do my own research it worked for me goodbuddy.
Old Jun 25th 2014, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

Milanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the rough

Thats great Slippy!!! Good luck to you and have a safe flight !!!
Old Jul 9th 2014, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

KDKJ is an unknown quantity at this point

nice one ! guys ...thanks ;-)
Old Jul 10th 2014, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

After the phone interview and my compeny offering me a job....they emailed me a LMO and Job agreement and flight ticket....
after arriving in Canada I have been accomodated in Super 8 for 2 weeks....everything paid by company....
the company also hired a car for me and my mate (we arrived together) because we needed to get to the Driving school etc....
during this time we did some training on computers only....simple....no cost....
After finishing the driving school and obtaining SK class 1 I just jumped into the truck and go....
I have never done flat beds in my life so everything was new to me....but thanks to my mates and thanks to other drivers I got into it....
I am learning every day....if I dont know anything I go to ask....but I dont have to pay for it :-) I usually ask more experienced drivers and it always works....

I couldnt believe some companies are charging drivers....
I know Neil 1x went thru that already....good luck anyway and I hope you enjoy it....
You might like it....you never know until you try it....
but the rates per miles is low.....honesly....
I hope you get some extras like the most of us.....I mean loading and unloading money, border crossing bonus, layovers etc.....
We have got about 4 drivers who use to work in NB....they all came over to SK becouse the money were crap.....they had a low milage rate as well and they didnt get many miles....they were in queues every day on the east coast....too much traffic there...
I have never been I cant say....

If you can let us know how you doing there....maybe you will be more lucky than others....
good luck!
Old Aug 6th 2014, 1:14 am
Just Joined

rednaxela is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought I would offer my own experience with regard to the fees charged just to get a job.

I've been in contact with a few trucking companies that openly proclaim to recruit foreign drivers. If (big if) you can reach them on the phone they tell you to talk this or that immigration 'consultant'. No ifs, no buts, you have to talk to these people.

Then these 'consultants' tell you they would love to sign you up. All it will cost is $5000.
Old Aug 6th 2014, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

Thats crazy,
I didnt experienced that....I hope the most of the new drivers dont have to go thru that
Old Aug 6th 2014, 3:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rednaxela
I thought I would offer my own experience with regard to the fees charged just to get a job.

I've been in contact with a few trucking companies that openly proclaim to recruit foreign drivers. If (big if) you can reach them on the phone they tell you to talk this or that immigration 'consultant'. No ifs, no buts, you have to talk to these people.

Then these 'consultants' tell you they would love to sign you up. All it will cost is $5000.
Which trucking companies ?
I know Bison used to do that, don't know if they still do.
Old Aug 6th 2014, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Which trucking companies ?
I know Bison used to do that, don't know if they still do.
Bison used to charge $10,000 through "immigration lawyers" it was $8000 but they got greedy but the MB government stopped that carry on a few yrs back,the Labour Board have control now ,they should have been in control in the 1st place.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.