Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

LMO approved Trucking companies in BC or AB?

LMO approved Trucking companies in BC or AB?

Old Dec 2nd 2009, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

Major Wally is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face LMO approved Trucking companies in BC or AB?

Does anyone know of any LMO approved companies in BC or AB that are hiring truckers right now? (not Westcan please!)
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LMO approved Trucking companies in BC or AB?

Originally Posted by Major Wally
Does anyone know of any LMO approved companies in BC or AB that are hiring truckers right now? (not Westcan please!)
All companies can theoreticly hire an immigrant driver as long as they can prove they have done everything they can to hire a national first. And whats wrong with Westcan, you would be hard put to find a better company in Canada.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

Cool Re: LMO approved Trucking companies in BC or AB?

Thanks for your reply. I am sending out lots of resumes. Seems that some companies just do not like to hire immigrants - probably too much paperwork. The aforementioned company based in BC did not treat me well (to say the least) & fired me on the anniversary of my 2 year work permit - coincidence - I think not.....
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Major Wally
Thanks for your reply. I am sending out lots of resumes. Seems that some companies just do not like to hire immigrants - probably too much paperwork. The aforementioned company based in BC did not treat me well (to say the least) & fired me on the anniversary of my 2 year work permit - coincidence - I think not.....
So you didnt get PR in that 2 years ??????
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

Not got PR yet! - Due to 12 English Westcan drivers, based at the Edmonton depot, on the day they received their PR they left the company. Westcan now has an unofficial policy of withholding PR paperwork until at least the 20th month, which means drivers have to report every month to renew their driving licences whilst waiting for work permits to be extended plus all the rest of the inconveniences such as extending SIN numbers etc. My PR was sent off in August this year!