LMIA & 310T liecence

Old Jul 11th 2015, 12:56 am
Just Joined

Didi72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LMIA & 310T liecence

Hello BE abit new to this so apologies if I'm not writing on the right thread, have a positive LMIA ready from employer dilemma now is 310T truck and couch technician license my husband applied back in February to Ontario collage of trades months later we heard from them saying some evidence missing so we got our employer to fill it out and send it to them!!! Every time we call them they have been saying its in process today we called and they said it's been declined and the letter is in the post!!! It's quiet frustrating as what to do next my husband has been in his job for the last 27 years and has enough experience does this mean we can't make the move!!!!!
Old Jul 11th 2015, 1:17 am
Just Joined

Default Re: LMIA & 310T liecence

Would really appreciate some advice on this!!!
Old Jul 11th 2015, 1:57 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Give it time! some people only look once a day and don't forget any time difference.
His UK experience may count for nothing, it depends on what Ontario require for him to be able to drive a truck in Canada.

Just be patient and I'm sure other truckers will be along to give you advice.
Old Jul 11th 2015, 9:41 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Didi72
Would really appreciate some advice on this!!!
I'm sure you would, but 'bumping' your post is against site rules.

I'll move this to the truckers section of the forum where you should get more response, but please do remember that most of Canada is fast asleep now, plus it's the weekend, so you may not get any replies for a few days.
Old Jul 11th 2015, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

alandoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Experience has show that pestering government departments in Canada has a very negative effect. They are accountable to no one & really don't care.
I would suggest your husband's prospective employer takes up
his case for him. I have no idea of the "ins" & "outs" in Ontario as I never considered going there due to the fact that truck drivers cannot be nominated for residency by the province.
Old Jul 11th 2015, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alandoug
Experience has show that pestering government departments in Canada has a very negative effect. They are accountable to no one & really don't care.
I would suggest your husband's prospective employer takes up
his case for him. I have no idea of the "ins" & "outs" in Ontario as I never considered going there due to the fact that truck drivers cannot be nominated for residency by the province.
Alan, by what she's wrote, I think he's a fitter not a driver.
Old Jul 11th 2015, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello BE abit new to this so apologies if I'm not writing on the right thread, have a positive LMIA ready from employer dilemma now is 310T truck and couch technician license my husband applied back in February to Ontario collage of trades months later we heard from them saying some evidence missing so we got our employer to fill it out and send it to them!!! Every time we call them they have been saying its in process today we called and they said it's been declined and the letter is in the post!!! It's quiet frustrating as what to do next my husband has been in his job for the last 27 years and has enough experience does this mean we can't make the move!!!!!
This is a total guess but I would say if he cannot get the Provincial trade certification then the LMIA would be null & void.
On the main board, there is a poster called Aviator, he seems very clued up on your sort of problem, if anyone on here could help you, it would be him.
Re-post on there and he might see it.
Old Jul 12th 2015, 1:25 am
Just Joined

Apologies christmasoompa new to this didn't realise bumped my post.

Neilg14 yes he is a fitter and been with one company in uk for 27 years thank you for the a dive to ask Aviator!
Old Jul 12th 2015, 6:18 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

The LMIA is job specific for the employer to hire a qualified foreign worker. In a regulated trade, one cannot do the job without being certified, so the LMIA for an unqualified worker would be invalid. Without the certification, or being able to acquire it within a short time frame, he would not be able to do the job the LMIA was issued for and the employer would have to find someone else or apply for a new LMIA for an unqualified position (which would be unlikely to succeed).

Getting certified, I have no idea why the application was refused, you'll find out when the letter arrives. It could be one of several reasons, there were insufficient hours proved to challenge the exam, the job functions reported to the training authority did not match those required by the trade, or information required to complete the application was missing.

Truck and Coach Technician is an Ontario term, under the IP Red Seal it is Truck and Transport Mechanic. The provinces can agree on a standard, but why they cannot agree on a common name beats the hell out of me!

I would wait until the letter arrives to find out why it was refused. With 27 years experience (so long as it is provable) and if the job functions meet those for the trade, this would seem odd. Also it would be worthwhile phoning after receipt of the letter and discussing it with them. You could also consider posting the contents on this forum and some folks may be able to offer suggestions.

As this is an Interprovincial recognised trade, he may be able to apply in another province to sit the exam there. It would depend entirely on the reason for refusal and whether there are grounds for appeal. He could end up with the same result.

Be patient, wait for the letter and take if from there.
Old Jul 12th 2015, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

Thank you Aviator will wait and see what the letter says! It's quite frustrating as we have been planning the move over the last 8 months!
Old Jul 12th 2015, 8:06 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Aviator will wait and see what the letter says! It's quite frustrating as we have been planning the move over the last 8 months!
All may not be lost.
Old Jul 12th 2015, 11:16 pm
Just Joined

Fingers crossed...
Old Jul 25th 2015, 2:23 am
Just Joined

Hi all just wanted to fill you all in on the 310T licence!!! So I guess all was not lost as we were waiting for the letter to come in the post for the past 2 weeks it didn't come so we called the collage and they said your application is in process and they needed more information from my husbands supervisor here in the uk to fill in some skill sets which we're not filled so got an email. Cut long story short we submitted it on the Tuesday and got a reply later on that day to say that the have approved it and my husband can sit a red seal exam once we are in Canada!!! Good news on LMIA it's ready too we need to plan to get over! So my question now is visa on port of entry or apply from the UK.
Old Jul 25th 2015, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well done, must be a relief for you, the visa question needs asking on the Canadian Immigration forum unless Christmasoompa sees it here.
Old Jul 25th 2015, 7:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neilg14
Well done, must be a relief for you, the visa question needs asking on the Canadian Immigration forum unless Christmasoompa sees it here.
You rang?

OP, it's up to you where you apply, there's a Wiki article which will give you more info about applying via visa office/POE to help you decide. Really it's a personal choice although most on the forums just get theirs when they arrive in Canada.

HTH.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.