Life so far in Canada

Old Jul 3rd 2010, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Life so far in Canada

No, I suspect he and I would have been having words, somehow. We have a choice of two in town I think, and there are similar disparities between them..

Not something I intend to find out about.
Old Jul 4th 2010, 12:33 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lilacheart
It is a shame there is such a shortage of health care proffessionals, I must admit once you do get to see the GP's and hospital staff they are brilliant. It is just waiting times..

I agree dentists are prob terrible everywhere, the problem on the island is that you have no choice who you see , It is these individuals or nobody.

The paediatric dentist wanted to crown 3 of my 6 years olds BABY teeth to the merry tune of $1200. He was seeing him because he is the only dentist who can use laughing gas. I was needing laughing gas when we received the quote, I was bordering on hysteria, needless to say we are not going to use this bloke
Shortage of health care professionals,here we go !! My wife and I came to Canada in 2005,she is a highly qualified nurse with over 20 years experience behind her,but patients here must be different because she's not allowed to work as a nurse until she takes a degree,and then she'll start at the bottom of the ladder doing shift work on the wards.Sorry but that aint going to happen,desperate for nurses eh ?
Old Jul 4th 2010, 4:31 am
BE Enthusiast

lilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Shortage of health care professionals,here we go !! My wife and I came to Canada in 2005,she is a highly qualified nurse with over 20 years experience behind her,but patients here must be different because she's not allowed to work as a nurse until she takes a degree,and then she'll start at the bottom of the ladder doing shift work on the wards.Sorry but that aint going to happen,desperate for nurses eh ?

It is totally crazy, you would think nursing is nursing but apparently not. It seems like professionals have to start again so what is the point. We had a GP coming to the island who basically had to rewrite his qualifications so he decided against it. There is a shortage but not because people don't want to come it is because what qualifications they have isn't right
Old Jul 5th 2010, 3:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bobthedog
Nonsense. I spend about half my time in the USA. I am here as a permanant resident with a legal and formal social security number which will last for considerably longer than a 3 month stint in a Dakota field. Come on. Andy, find some new material. Your comedy act was funny- once- but is so thin now it is getting holes in it.

You are still throwing stones at Wire and Gremmie yet you still know little enough that you have no real credence.

I said 95% of ex-pat truck drivers spend MOST of their long haul driving time in the USA.
You are obviously the other 5%!!!

BTW,
I was in PLENTY of fields and roads from Texas to Winnipeg for my little stint.

Six months was ALOT longer than some of the recent part time imigrant "rose tinted glasses" brigade lasted driving OTR in Canada!!!!
Old Jul 5th 2010, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about

Can't argue with that, although we all know that some of the ones who arrive here, rose tinted specs or not, are simply not able to do more than an 8 hour shift. They have no chance of getting by here really, and they are always quick to blame others for it.

I don't know how you figure the 95% out, but most guys I know want to do more US and don't get it. With the US recovery being a way off yet, the work is not as available as it was. Most of the guys I work with are about 50%.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 5:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Truck
I said 95% of ex-pat truck drivers spend MOST of their long haul driving time in the USA.
You are obviously the other 5%!!!

BTW,
I was in PLENTY of fields and roads from Texas to Winnipeg for my little stint.

Six months was ALOT longer than some of the recent part time imigrant "rose tinted glasses" brigade lasted driving OTR in Canada!!!!
Please show proof of this 95% figure, or is it plucked out of the sky like all your other facts
Old Jul 6th 2010, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Please show proof of this 95% figure, or is it plucked out of the sky like all your other facts
OK 95% was me just being "tongue in cheek" but the majority of ex-pat trucker blogs I follow (which mostly I enjoy) there is a very high percentage of USA driving envolved.

Think most of you would agree that if you are on CPM OTR driving you need a high % of your time to be OTR in the States in order to make a decent wage ESPECIALLY during the Winter.
Old Jul 6th 2010, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Truck
OK 95% was me just being "tongue in cheek" but the majority of ex-pat trucker blogs I follow (which mostly I enjoy) there is a very high percentage of USA driving envolved.

Think most of you would agree that if you are on CPM OTR driving you need a high % of your time to be OTR in the States in order to make a decent wage ESPECIALLY during the Winter.
Why would that be the case, please explain your thinking behind this wild & wooley statement
Old Jul 6th 2010, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

lilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant future

I would LIKE you two ( Gremmie and BT) to meet face to face , it would be like watching an older version of my two boys going head to head

Last edited by lilacheart; Jul 6th 2010 at 9:52 pm. Reason: missed a word out....My excuse is I work with children and my brain has gone to mush !
Old Jul 6th 2010, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lilacheart
I would you two ( Gremmie and BT) to meet face to face , it would be like watching an older version of my two boys going head to head
Well that made a lot of sense
Old Jul 6th 2010, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well that made a lot of sense

Previous post has been corrected...D'oh x
Old Jul 7th 2010, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

No, BT, you are completely wrong about saying we need to do the miles in the US. Making a decent wage here really isn't that hard. I manage well enough (accident time off notwithstanding) although I do work hard for it. The only time the roads are bad here is when there is a major storm and they clear them very fast indeed. The northern US states do not handle it nearly as well. SD, IA, IO, were all in a hell of a state last winter after a big storm blew through and it took them weeks to get things rolling right again.

This myth about winter that has got your knickers in such a twist over the years that I have 'known' you still strikes me as a little weird. If you worked the harvest then how can you say it? If you haven't worked through the winter here then how do you know?

If all your information is from blogs, especially those blogs from people who have packed up and gone back, then your knowledge lacks any substance at all.
Old Jul 7th 2010, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

??? Why do you want proof Gremmie, you dont even drive a truck for ''chripes sake''...................................
Old Jul 7th 2010, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

That isn't entirely through choice, though, Curt. He wasn't really in a position to decide, was he?

Besides, I do drive a truck so I could ask the same question that Gremmie did.
Old Jul 7th 2010, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

Originally Posted by bobthedog
That isn't entirely through choice, though, Curt. He wasn't really in a position to decide, was he?

Besides, I do drive a truck so I could ask the same question that Gremmie did.
Youre missing the sarcastic nature of my post...if you read BTA you would see.

It wasnt his choice to get knocked down. But it IS his choice to continue to be an antagonistic arsehole.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.