Licence renewel

Old Aug 13th 2011, 6:15 pm
Just Joined

stephen fielden is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Licence renewel

Hi can anybody tell me if they have renewed a CDL from the UK.
Old Aug 13th 2011, 9:51 pm
Just Joined

downtown1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Licence renewel

Originally Posted by stephen fielden
Hi can anybody tell me if they have renewed a CDL from the UK.
no i haventbut if u find out how to do it pls let me know
Old Sep 6th 2011, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

downtown1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ur CDL is good for 5yrs after that u have too take ur test again.
Old Sep 8th 2011, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by downtown1
Ur CDL is good for 5yrs after that u have too take ur test again.
My Canadian CDL was only good for the length of the TWP.
I have been informed that I need a medical, Canadian address and a job to renew it.
Old Sep 8th 2011, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

When I went on the harvest in 2002 I had a mate with me who had went over on a "dodgey" USA vacation "work" visa back in 1993
(Remember those USA trucking companies advertising in British papers for drivers back then?) and worked for MS Carries/Ro-Cor for six months AFTER gaining his CDL.

It had been out of date for quite some time in 2002 but he just walked into the DOT centre and retook the computer based theory test and walked out 20mins later with his full CDL renewed for another 5 years!!

He did have an American address and a H2A temp harvest work visa though.
Old Sep 8th 2011, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Truck
When I went on the harvest in 2002 I had a mate with me who had went over on a "dodgey" USA vacation "work" visa back in 1993
(Remember those USA trucking companies advertising in British papers for drivers back then?) and worked for MS Carries/Ro-Cor for six months AFTER gaining his CDL.

It had been out of date for quite some time in 2002 but he just walked into the DOT centre and retook the computer based theory test and walked out 20mins later with his full CDL renewed for another 5 years!!

He did have an American address and a H2A temp harvest work visa though.
And this is relevant how ???
Old Sep 8th 2011, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about

All depends on your age and Province as to how to renew. If you are over 40 then you will need a medical in MB, but you won't need to resit your test here. I think it is only Ontario that requires a retest every 5 years.

Other than that it is largely a paper exercise, unless your pic is out of date then you need to renew that as well.
Old Sep 9th 2011, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of

I just renewed mine earlier this year, no medical rqd just a visit to autopac
Old Sep 9th 2011, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_lol66
I just renewed mine earlier this year, no medical rqd just a visit to autopac
I had to do 3 medicals/physicals and a " MIBI" test ( A MIBI stress test is a Nuclear Medicine test that lets your doctor know how well your heart muscle is being supplied with blood. ...) and passed. They get fussy after a heart attack here with the CDL