Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

LGV Class C.. Canada equivalent +opportunities

LGV Class C.. Canada equivalent +opportunities

Old May 27th 2013, 5:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

alcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nice
Default LGV Class C.. Canada equivalent +opportunities

Hi all.

Please bear with me if I sound wet behind the ears with regards to my knowledge on LGV licences.

I have just passed my test (LGV Category C) - This replaces the 'old' HGV class2 am I right?...
I have as yet have no job time / experience..

My questions at the moment are:
- What is the Canadian equivelant for this UK licence? (Cat C)

- What type of licence is required for the canadian job market?

- I presume there would be a test to undergo if / when a job opportunity was to arise in Canada?

Cheers in advance for any help
Old May 28th 2013, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

alcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nice
Default Re: LGV Class C.. Canada equivalent +opportunities

Anyone??...

Have i posted this in the wrong place?...
Old Jun 1st 2013, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

russjp will become famous soon enoughrussjp will become famous soon enough

I could be wrong(i`m sure someone will correct me lol) but as you`d require an LMO from an employer you would need a certain amount of experience in order to qualify. IMHO you would stand a better chance with class 1 experience but would still need to resit your test here anyway
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 10:20 pm
I've Started Over!

The Waters Family is an unknown quantity at this point

In Canada HGV/LGV Class 2 is a DZ licence, the D being rigid and the Z being Airbrake endorsment ticket (which you have to have knowledge of) for example AZ is the british Class 1 with Airbrake ticket.

I wouldn't hold out much hope of getting a DZ job but don't quote me on that. Getting a DZ job would be a lot harded as the country is so vast your not gonna get a rigid job with a LMO, again don't quote me on that.

I've just done my UK Class 1 and getting 2 years experience with my company so we can move over there.

You can't beat experience IMHO, you know what your talking about.
You can walk the walk and talk the talk in other words.

I've been investigating moving to Canada with my family for about 4 years now, so that when the time comes (hopefully sooner rather than later), it will be plain sailing!!

Let me know if i can help out further.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

4 years investigating isn't long enough for you . AZ / DZ is from the land of the stupid , here in Canada we have IA to pilot a semi
Old Jul 5th 2013, 3:21 pm
I've Started Over!

I've read some of your posts and fine them quite negative, i'd check YOUR facts first!!
Old Jul 5th 2013, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Waters Family
I've read some of your posts and fine them quite negative, i'd check YOUR facts first!!
Yeap , done that and it clearly states IA on my licence
Old Jul 5th 2013, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

Smudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really nice

Hi maybe you could contact these, they might be able to advise you on what the equivalent licenses are!
www.ccatruckdrivertraining.com
Old Jul 7th 2013, 10:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

1A S. on my licence.
jimmy.
Old Jul 9th 2013, 2:58 pm
I've Started Over!

In Ontario?
Old Jul 9th 2013, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

if ya mean me ...nope 1A S is a manitoba licence with air brake adjustment code.
jimmy.
Old Jul 10th 2013, 1:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jamesmc
if ya mean me ...nope 1A S is a manitoba licence with air brake adjustment code.
jimmy.
Got an S on mine too Jimbo , used it for 5 days while wifey was on holiday , good fun .
Old Jul 11th 2013, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

lol....its a pain having manual adjusters ,,,double pain on a train...
jimmy
Old Jul 13th 2013, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

russjp will become famous soon enoughrussjp will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Yeap , done that and it clearly states IA on my licence
1A on my licence too but the guy is ballsy picking an argument with people who already live here lol