Lazy European drivers

Old Jul 21st 2010, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice
Default Re: Lazy European drivers

Ha right so we have to delve deep into your blog to find these comments , And they just refer to you ? Sorry but can't be arsed right now. I was assuming it was made public information somewhere.

As to the new poster thing , Well I have been coming on here over 3 years now And you can spot these people a mile away , They had a bad experience somewhere and just want a rant , You never get the whole story from these people and as I predicted the last one lasted 11 posts and got banned . If they have a genuine complaint they will get listened to (as proved on the Ayr Motors thread )

I don't see any established drivers in Canada supporting Ayr Motors apart from the UK recruiter/driver. Time and time again drivers are getting told to "do your research" before you and after you come over. At least then you will be prepared for what may lie ahead if you decide to make the move.

And the AYR way is certainly not the Canadian way as well you know , You have just used the thread to have another rant.

BTW: "Don't get mad, get even"?
What do you think I've been doing on the blogs?
Dave Foder looks in on the blogs every day to see if I've posted anything new, so it keeps me happy.
Seems I am right when I said you had some kind of personal crusade going on (over on BTA ) Not too sure how you are getting "even" though I'm still convinced you are still bitter and twisted and have some kind of personal vendetta going on

Fact is there are hundreds of families from the UK living very happily here right now , And most will tell you the first 12 months were some of the hardest months of there lives (me included ) but its more than worth it in the end. And I didn't forgo any principles or self respect. I wanted PR and to retire here , So I just did the job as I was asked , was paid for every minute I was at work , Then moved on and found a better company , Like most have done.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about

You asked me a question before, Mick. No, as a dispatcher I would not sit in the office unpaid, but as a driver I have long since accepted the random nature of the job. The job, long before I ever moved here, screwed up any circadian rhythm I may have had so, if there is no work available, I grab a kip. Beats sitting there resenting the office hands down.
You are quick to blame the firm for sitting, and I remember the mileages you posted a couple of years back, and I also recall my reaction to them. But you did turn work down where others did not. As KB says, as Dave says, as I say, as Gremmie says, you do have to take it a bit until they get more newbies in to push around, and not necessarily from Europe. That is not a Canadian thing- exactly the same thing happens in the UK and Europe- but the distances in the UK often mean it is better to run empty home while it would not work here.
It isn't getting even when you post on your blogs. I doubt it makes the least bit of difference to the numbers they get through the door, although you may well be helping them by deterring those not prepared to give 100% to emigration.
People are always saying that the firms that hire from overseas are crap. TransX is huge and they recruit overseas. Bison are huge and they do. It is not really fair to say that. You felt cheated and that is fair enough. Many others don't feel they were, myself included, and yet there is always an inference that we accepted less than we ordinarily would have to get here. I, for one, did not. I was top 10% in earnings for the company in the first 2 years I was here. The third year I changed jobs which skewed things a bit and last year I had my accident. I still did ok though.
It is good here if you work hard. As has been said before, 8 hours a day is not going to cut it.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bobthedog
You asked me a question before, Mick. No, as a dispatcher I would not sit in the office unpaid, but as a driver I have long since accepted the random nature of the job. The job, long before I ever moved here, screwed up any circadian rhythm I may have had so, if there is no work available, I grab a kip. Beats sitting there resenting the office hands down.
You are quick to blame the firm for sitting, and I remember the mileages you posted a couple of years back, and I also recall my reaction to them. But you did turn work down where others did not. As KB says, as Dave says, as I say, as Gremmie says, you do have to take it a bit until they get more newbies in to push around, and not necessarily from Europe. That is not a Canadian thing- exactly the same thing happens in the UK and Europe- but the distances in the UK often mean it is better to run empty home while it would not work here.
It isn't getting even when you post on your blogs. I doubt it makes the least bit of difference to the numbers they get through the door, although you may well be helping them by deterring those not prepared to give 100% to emigration.
People are always saying that the firms that hire from overseas are crap. TransX is huge and they recruit overseas. Bison are huge and they do. It is not really fair to say that. You felt cheated and that is fair enough. Many others don't feel they were, myself included, and yet there is always an inference that we accepted less than we ordinarily would have to get here. I, for one, did not. I was top 10% in earnings for the company in the first 2 years I was here. The third year I changed jobs which skewed things a bit and last year I had my accident. I still did ok though.
It is good here if you work hard. As has been said before, 8 hours a day is not going to cut it.
"... But you did turn work down where others did not."

I believe I refused one dispatch, which would have taken me out of my 16 hr day, hence, would have been illegal, so not sure where your comment comes from Bob!

"... As has been said before, 8 hours a day is not going to cut it."

I very often work 12/14 hrs and have nearly always maxed out my UK driving hours. 8 hrs a day? what's that?
I already said many times (ask Dave Foder) that I was willing to stay out indefinitely and reset anywhere.
I have also stated that if we had returned, we would have done OK, even at H&R.

There always seems to be an inference that the ones who return to the UK or change companies DO NOT want to work hard, but if you are sat in the yard with 6 other drivers for two days all waiting for a dispatch it doesn't matter how hard you are WILLING to work, you are simply not working or earning.

Last edited by mickfly; Jul 21st 2010 at 8:33 pm. Reason: added something
Old Jul 21st 2010, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickfly
"Please tell me where these drivers are called lazy or losers ? (Apart from Gremmie calling you a loser which was just part of your dislike for each other )"

This one?

Try reading the comments on my blogs, and see where others have been bundled together with me as described.

Also on the forums, where new posters are slagged off... and dissapear immediately, after all what's the point in trying to warn others (families) when people are so quick to defend the companies, who are only interested in making a profit.

Shoot the messenger eh?

Too easy KB.

There is a thread about Ayr right now, and the ones telling the facts will soon disappear, as the company supporters shout them down and decide it's the drivers fault for not accepting the chit conditions, after all, "it's the Canadian way"

BTW: "Don't get mad, get even"?
What do you think I've been doing on the blogs?
Dave Foder looks in on the blogs every day to see if I've posted anything new, so it keeps me happy.
You do suffer delusions of grandeur you really think he gives a toss about you

Which company? I'm not allowed to mention them, or contribute to threads about them.
Have they got a contract out on you or what