interview pending

Old Apr 8th 2010, 8:28 pm
not wired right

scottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of light
Default interview pending

evening peeps - ok this is whats happened oh had a phone interview with a big trucking co last nite an today he's recieved an email wanting him over for a face to face asap as the driving vacancies they have are limited an drivers will be taken on a first come first served basis (which seems odd to me rather than wanting him specifically for his experience)

anyway they have said they want him to take a drivin assessment here - surely his references an the fact he has a licence enough??? or is that jus me dont get that so any one enlighten me would be great or are they wanting to save money there???

also they said they are in the process of applying for 2010 lmo's which should take 4-6 weeks as they are confident their application will be successful, they are in sask so what sask like for lmo's at mo anyone have any idea's??
as we're saving like mad it seems an expensive interview to go on if they then dont get lmo?
any advice be brill so thanks in advance .... an no not "hot & ready" before anyone asks lol
Old Apr 9th 2010, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: interview pending

Originally Posted by scottandsel
evening peeps - ok this is whats happened oh had a phone interview with a big trucking co last nite an today he's recieved an email wanting him over for a face to face asap as the driving vacancies they have are limited an drivers will be taken on a first come first served basis (which seems odd to me rather than wanting him specifically for his experience)

anyway they have said they want him to take a drivin assessment here - surely his references an the fact he has a licence enough??? or is that jus me dont get that so any one enlighten me would be great or are they wanting to save money there???

also they said they are in the process of applying for 2010 lmo's which should take 4-6 weeks as they are confident their application will be successful, they are in sask so what sask like for lmo's at mo anyone have any idea's??
as we're saving like mad it seems an expensive interview to go on if they then dont get lmo?
any advice be brill so thanks in advance .... an no not "hot & ready" before anyone asks lol
Any one can claim to be a good driver, a driving assessment will help to a point sought out the Bull sh1tters from the bona fidees, plus the trucks here use non synchromesh gear boxes, which pretty much dissapeared in Europe 30 years ago, plus the vehicals are longer and wider, and the stearing wheel is on the other side. So plenty for OH to screw up.
Oh can you please put a d after your an, it makes reading much easier
Old Apr 11th 2010, 3:17 pm
not wired right

scottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of light

ok thanks for that gremmie - sorry bout the "d's"

well we understand that obviously any company in canada are going to want a driving assessment thats just common sense because of the differences that you've already mentioned but from the email we got it looks like they want him to have a drivers assessment before he goes anywhere! - this is what they put in the email

A copy of a driver’s assessment – road test – go to the closest certified driving training facility

Old Apr 11th 2010, 10:03 pm
not wired right

ok lack of communication on oh part - he has had one but not with his previous employer the one before that, so have emailed professionals and am now waiting for it so fingers crossed.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

ok thanks for that gremmie - sorry bout the "d's"

well we understand that obviously any company in canada are going to want a driving assessment thats just common sense because of the differences that you've already mentioned but from the email we got it looks like they want him to have a drivers assessment before he goes anywhere! - this is what they put in the email

A copy of a driver’s assessment – road test – go to the closest certified driving training facility

Are you using an agency to find work, as i had such a request when i started looking
Old Apr 13th 2010, 12:48 am
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

i needed a drivers asssessment ,so i went to a driving school in carlisle spoke to the owner he told me to stop at kingstown truckstop..parked up my truck and went arun round the estate , 50gbp it cost for the asssessment..
james
Old Apr 16th 2010, 7:30 pm
not wired right

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Are you using an agency to find work, as i had such a request when i started looking
no ... but saying that oh applied at a big firm then an agency got in touch and told us this particular firm had passed our application to them and would cost us $3500!

don't think we'll be going with that one!
Old Apr 16th 2010, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

no ... but saying that oh applied at a big firm then an agency got in touch and told us this particular firm had passed our application to them and would cost us $3500!

don't think we'll be going with that one!
Look else where for a job, thats just a rip off
Old Apr 16th 2010, 7:52 pm
not wired right

i know - but the company in question is one of many owned by a larger umbrella co - (not who i pm'd you about)

anyway one of there other companies were interested in oh, just waiting to see if they can get lmo's but we never had to go through a paid agency for them -

so i emailed the boss of this said firm and asked him to confirm this is how they employed their drivers and how come there partner firms as such dont - rightly or wrongly, but according to the canandian government i'm entitled to confirm with the company that this is how they do it as i know a lot of areas its against the law - they're not an immigration company just recruitment

anyway i've not heard anything surprise surprise - wasnt bolshy or anything just asked them to confirm they use this agency and did they know thats what they wanted to charge us.

sorry for waffling ..... i've jus finished a bottle of wine