Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

IELTS English entrance exam

IELTS English entrance exam

Old Jun 22nd 2014, 2:51 pm
Flying Scotsman

Slippy will become famous soon enoughSlippy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: IELTS English entrance exam

Like I said I will pass it next time round, just badly prepared for it due to other shit on my mind, last time I was in school was 28years ago so my brain just needs a slap lol. And hey who knows I mite have passed it, won't get results til 4th July, I lack confidence big style so you never know. I will let ya's know my results when I get it, okdoky.
Old Jul 17th 2014, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

Red1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Slippy
Like I said I will pass it next time round, just badly prepared for it due to other shit on my mind, last time I was in school was 28years ago so my brain just needs a slap lol. And hey who knows I mite have passed it, won't get results til 4th July, I lack confidence big style so you never know. I will let ya's know my results when I get it, okdoky.
Hey Slippy have you got your results yet?
Old Jul 18th 2014, 10:42 pm
Just Joined

Jonka is a splendid one to beholdJonka is a splendid one to beholdJonka is a splendid one to beholdJonka is a splendid one to beholdJonka is a splendid one to beholdJonka is a splendid one to beholdJonka is a splendid one to beholdJonka is a splendid one to beholdJonka is a splendid one to beholdJonka is a splendid one to beholdJonka is a splendid one to behold

CELPIP must have changed now since earlier posters. Ive just taken (May 2014) mine at Calgary College and you are now marked from 1 - 12 , and 5 or above is a pass! Know exactly how you felt on test conditions, and its like talking to an answerphone!.. I had to discuss some topics (to myself) for 2 minutes each.. and..er.y'know. er...er.. dried up after about 30 seconds! Luckily I think I was the only British by birth person in the room of about 30, so by the time it came to the talking part, I was ahead of everyone else, so fairly quiet room... Anyway; I had to wait about a week for my results and scored 12,12,11, and.. 8 on the talking part; even though I was silent for about what seemed like 75% of it!! They probably couldnt understand me either. (Londoners are mistaken for Australians/SudAfrikaans here!)Ridiculous proceedure, and like mentioned earlier by someone, it would be so much easier walking into a room, and being 'interviewed ' by an actual person.
So; good luck to anyone who's got to take it, most of it is a memory test (listen and take notes, then answer questions, like the old Krypton Factor!), writing a letter , oh and just practice that talking to an answerphone/message part!
Old Jul 19th 2014, 2:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jonka
CELPIP must have changed now since earlier posters. Ive just taken (May 2014) mine at Calgary College and you are now marked from 1 - 12 , and 5 or above is a pass! Know exactly how you felt on test conditions, and its like talking to an answerphone!.. I had to discuss some topics (to myself) for 2 minutes each.. and..er.y'know. er...er.. dried up after about 30 seconds! Luckily I think I was the only British by birth person in the room of about 30, so by the time it came to the talking part, I was ahead of everyone else, so fairly quiet room... Anyway; I had to wait about a week for my results and scored 12,12,11, and.. 8 on the talking part; even though I was silent for about what seemed like 75% of it!! They probably couldnt understand me either. (Londoners are mistaken for Australians/SudAfrikaans here!)Ridiculous proceedure, and like mentioned earlier by someone, it would be so much easier walking into a room, and being 'interviewed ' by an actual person.
So; good luck to anyone who's got to take it, most of it is a memory test (listen and take notes, then answer questions, like the old Krypton Factor!), writing a letter , oh and just practice that talking to an answerphone/message part!
Why do you need this test ??? whats it for
Old Jul 19th 2014, 2:25 am
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jonka
Think that was me you're talking about, I did Calgary as well, absolute nightmare, it's too loud to think.
I answered less than half the questions on the talking bit because by the time they'd asked the question, my concentration had gone altogether.
All I could hear was everybody shouting over everybody else.
They did tell us at the time that they were making it harder from the 1st April.
Old Jul 19th 2014, 2:26 am
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Why do you need this test ??? whats it for
New TFW's need it for PR, I needed it for Citizenship.
Old Jul 19th 2014, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

Jonka is a splendid one to beholdJonka is a splendid one to beholdJonka is a splendid one to beholdJonka is a splendid one to beholdJonka is a splendid one to beholdJonka is a splendid one to beholdJonka is a splendid one to beholdJonka is a splendid one to beholdJonka is a splendid one to beholdJonka is a splendid one to beholdJonka is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by neilg14
Yeah; just starting my PNP Process... nearly walked out of the test in disbelief (and laughter) when I had to "'Phone a toy shop up' and ask about possible repairs to my imaginary sons' toy 'frog' alarm clock'!!??"
Ive got 'Imaginary Friends' I talk to in the truck... but not an imaginary Son!
Old Jul 19th 2014, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

i dont think the big guy will mind.... he passed his IELTS wi flying colours,hes away on his mentor runs at the moment.
Old Jul 19th 2014, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neilg14
well after reading half the posts on here I think its a good thing that you are having to take the test
Old Jul 20th 2014, 4:51 am
BE Enthusiast

well after reading half the posts on here I think its a good thing that you are having to take the test
Who, me ??
Old Jul 20th 2014, 10:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hello pot, meet kettle..............
Old Jul 21st 2014, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Ain't so Gremmie hahahahahhahahaha . Post of the month
Old Jul 24th 2014, 1:53 am
BE Forum Addict

You assume i discounted my own sub scholarly skills. How very mediocre of you.
Old Jul 24th 2014, 6:11 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

You assume i discounted my own sub scholarly skills. How very mediocre of you.
That doesn't even make sense, looks like you've tried to use long words but in the wrong context!
Old Jul 26th 2014, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

That doesn't even make sense, looks like you've tried to use long words but in the wrong context!
Makes perfect sense, its just beyond your limited intellect.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.