IEC Approved HGV Driver.

Old Oct 26th 2015, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Juggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC Approved HGV Driver.

Originally Posted by Kazmann
Hi All,
as I have a 2year Working Holiday VISA (IEC).
from the day I activate it in Canada, what sort of time am I looking at:
-in terms of obtaining truck licence
-finding a job
As I do not want to waste any of the visa.
Depends on your experience, as in driving a standard (known as a crash box in the UK) transmission, I got my licence in 5 days but sharing driving with another brit so really 2.5 days, But i had driven a crash box in an ERF and Foden and oversize a lot so i could shift with no issues straight away. Also the length of trailer takes a little getting used to (53 foot tandem axle)
You should get your license in 5 to 10 days. If this Working Holiday Visa is "open" you shouldn't have too much trouble getting a job so long as you can prove experience in that companies field from the UK. If you dont have flat bed experience that can be verified then don't waste your time applying, stick to what you know , reefers, vans or tankers.
If you do have flat bed experience i recruit here and we run the winter roads so pvt me but i'm picky who goes on the ice roads !!! But only if your visa is open as i don't take TFW's who need an LMIA.
Old Oct 26th 2015, 8:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neilg14
Alberta does have PNP but it's the worst of all the Provinces to gain PR and a lot of drivers have had to return home because their 4yrs ran out before getting it.
The '4 year rule' doesn't apply once nomination has been received, so as long as PR is applied for as soon as the person is eligible, that should be plenty of time.
Old Oct 27th 2015, 9:20 am
Just Joined

Kazmann is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Guys
Old Oct 28th 2015, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
The '4 year rule' doesn't apply once nomination has been received, so as long as PR is applied for as soon as the person is eligible, that should be plenty of time.
Of course, you're right but a lot of companies are not offering it ASAP for whatever reason and some because of the quota they are allowed to offer is far less than the amount able to apply.
Old Oct 29th 2015, 11:40 am
Just Joined

Kazmann is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the advice guys.

seems like a tough market out there at the moment (oil prices & recession)& the road to PR seems even tougher & there seems to be no quick easy process even with the 2year IEC Visa.

Is it possible to buy a property on a 2 year working holiday visa?
Old Oct 29th 2015, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kazmann
thanks for the advice guys.

seems like a tough market out there at the moment (oil prices & recession)& the road to PR seems even tougher & there seems to be no quick easy process even with the 2year IEC Visa.

Is it possible to buy a property on a 2 year working holiday visa?
Look at MB or SK, not affected by oil as AB.
You can buy a house but what IF it all went tits up and you didn't get PR ?
Advice, generally, on the main forum is, wait until you are PR, to buy.
Old Oct 30th 2015, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juggernaut1064
Depends on your experience, as in driving a standard (known as a crash box in the UK) transmission, I got my licence in 5 days but sharing driving with another brit so really 2.5 days, But i had driven a crash box in an ERF and Foden and oversize a lot so i could shift with no issues straight away. Also the length of trailer takes a little getting used to (53 foot tandem axle)
You should get your license in 5 to 10 days. If this Working Holiday Visa is "open" you shouldn't have too much trouble getting a job so long as you can prove experience in that companies field from the UK. If you dont have flat bed experience that can be verified then don't waste your time applying, stick to what you know , reefers, vans or tankers.
If you do have flat bed experience i recruit here and we run the winter roads so pvt me but i'm picky who goes on the ice roads !!! But only if your visa is open as i don't take TFW's who need an LMIA.
Got a high opinion of yourself haven't you , how about stating who you recruit for ?