IEC Approved HGV Driver.

Old Oct 12th 2015, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC Approved HGV Driver.

Pleasure.
Old Oct 12th 2015, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

Kazmann is an unknown quantity at this point

you may be able to help Neil.

I have HGC Class1 (C+E) licence and I am looking to move to Canada and hopefully obtain the equivalent licence there.

I have obtained 2year working holiday VISA (IEC) which province would be the best way to obtain PR working as full time truck driver?
Old Oct 12th 2015, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

I would say SK or MB would be the best for work and the easiest to gain PR.
If you've can, then do a recce trip over here first without activating your IEC, golng around to different companies and sort a job out and get your training booked etc. You can then hit the ground running, therefore not wasting valuable visa time, giving you a headstart on the PR process.
With the IEC, you are laughing, having an OWP, meaning you could get a start with a decent company and not relying on one of the usual crappy ones.
Can't help you with companies over that way, I'm in AB.
All the best.
Old Oct 13th 2015, 7:30 am
Just Joined

thanks Neil.
appreciate mate.
few more questions as I am new to this process:
-what is OWP?
- I have family in GTA (Ontario) I had my heart set preferably to move, is there any way obtaining a PR in Ontario, and what possibilities do I have? express entry?
anything would help.
Old Oct 13th 2015, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kazmann
thanks Neil.
appreciate mate.
few more questions as I am new to this process:
-what is OWP?
- I have family in GTA (Ontario) I had my heart set preferably to move, is there any way obtaining a PR in Ontario, and what possibilities do I have? express entry?
anything would help.
OWP, Open Work Permit, you are not tied to one company, unlike most of us that came here, on the Provincial Nominee Programme (PNP)
You can go to any company doing any job in any Province.
You cannot get PR on the PNP in Ontario, now whether you can do this Express Entry (EE), I'm not sure, there are 3 classes you can apply for PR under EE, 2 of them are skilled worker and trades and the third one is called CEC, Canadian Experience Class.
You can certainly work your WP in Ontario.
If you go back to the main Canadian site here on BE to the immigration section and ask if, as a truck driver in Ontario, can you apply for EE under CEC, Christmasoompa and a few others over there can answer your questions about this.
Way, way above my pay grade.
Old Oct 13th 2015, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the info Neil.

Cheers Mate
Old Oct 13th 2015, 12:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Not as a trucker - you won't qualify for PR via EE in that occupation unless you head to another province. Ontario has no route for you via the PNP, and you wouldn't qualify for FSW or CEC as they are only for 'skilled' workers.

So as said above, you can work in ON on a TWP, but you couldn't stay permanently unless you change jobs or marry a Canadian.

HTH, good luck.
Old Oct 13th 2015, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

which provinces take on truckers under PNP?
which would you recommend (province)?
-how long is the process
Old Oct 13th 2015, 12:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

which provinces take on truckers under PNP?
which would you recommend (province)?
-how long is the process
As said above, MB or SK would be your best bets, but you can check each province's PNP page for more info.

Timing wise, you'll need to check out the PNP page for the relevant province to see how long nomination is taking. Figure about 3-6 months as a rough guide, you may also need to have worked in the province for 6 months or so before you're eligible to apply, so don't forget to add that on if applicable.

And then once you've got to that stage you can check the CIC website to see how long the second stage (PR) for your visa office takes here - Processing times for provincial nominee applications

HTH, good luck.
Old Oct 13th 2015, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just to add as well, once you get PR, you can then move to ON permanently.
Old Oct 13th 2015, 1:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by neilg14
Just to add as well, once you get PR, you can then move to ON permanently.
Although I should caveat that with the fact that if you've applied under the PNP of another province, technically you can have PR revoked if they think you've obtained PR fraudulently i.e. you never had any intention of living in MB/SK or wherever has nominated you.

But as long as you attempt to settle in the province that's nominated you, and don't move on the second you get PR, you should be fine.
Old Oct 19th 2015, 1:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by craftbeerpaddy
Yeah, that's the plan. Pass my test in Ontario and work/enjoy the summer in the Toronto area catching up with friends. Then head to Sask to hopefully secure a job that will lead onto PR through the SNIP program. Can anyone recommend any truck training companies around the GTA?
Trucking jobs in Ontario are hard to get and pay crap.. MB or SK are your best bets
Old Oct 19th 2015, 7:18 am
Just Joined

Hi All,
does Alberta offer the PNP for truckers? if so how is the pay, easily to obtain PR, how is it to settle in?
Old Oct 26th 2015, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi All,
does Alberta offer the PNP for truckers? if so how is the pay, easily to obtain PR, how is it to settle in?
Alberta does have PNP but it's the worst of all the Provinces to gain PR and a lot of drivers have had to return home because their 4yrs ran out before getting it.
As Gremmie said, stick to MB or SK, for ease of PR and the wages are better than the East coast and almost on par with Alberta.
Old Oct 26th 2015, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

Hi All,
as I have a 2year Working Holiday VISA (IEC).
from the day I activate it in Canada, what sort of time am I looking at:
-in terms of obtaining truck licence
-finding a job
As I do not want to waste any of the visa.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.