Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Hgv Driving Course.How much ? and where ?

Hgv Driving Course.How much ? and where ?

Old Dec 18th 2013, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

craig25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hgv Driving Course.How much ? and where ?

Hi i am a Bus Driver in the uk.I do not have a hgv licence but will be looking to go on a course in Canada.I would consider going to Nova Scotia but i can go anywhere to take my course.
Once i pass how easy would it be to find work as i would be a new driver ?
but i have been a Bus driver for 5 years.
If anyone knows anywhere and how much i would be looking to pay ?.Thank You.
I have no problem with a visa as i have pr

Last edited by craig25; Dec 18th 2013 at 9:50 pm.
Old Dec 18th 2013, 10:09 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hgv Driving Course.How much ? and where ?

Perhaps you would get more response if this was moved to the trucking forum. Doubtless a Mod will move it for you in due course.
Old Dec 18th 2013, 10:14 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed, I will move it for the OP now.

Old Dec 19th 2013, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

allycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond repute

Try this company http://safetycollege.ca/programs/straight-truck-driver

They are always looking for Bus drivers in Fort McMurray http://www.dtl.ca/careers.aspx

Last edited by allycat231; Dec 19th 2013 at 2:37 am.
Old Dec 20th 2013, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

I did my canadian driver training in Winnipeg,I think its still $75 an hour,Ideal Driver Training ,the owner has a deal with Transx to supply drivers ,there is another company called Buffalo dont know anything about them.Arnold Bros Transport have driver training school ,I think you have to sign up for x amount of yrs to do the training ,they dont do LMOs but if you have the PR no problem.They are all in Winnipeg so pack the long-johns !
Old Dec 20th 2013, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

also in the peg G&T,,,,,and i did my test/training etc .log books ...with Profesional truck driving .(off eagle dr..other side o gardewine depot.).
Old Dec 20th 2013, 3:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jamesmc
also in the peg G&T,,,,,and i did my test/training etc .log books ...with Profesional truck driving .(off eagle dr..other side o gardewine depot.).
G&T is that gin & tonic training lol
Old Dec 21st 2013, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

lol no it was described to me as Germans & Turbins..they used to do the reversing etc next to the Mack truck dealership.
Old Dec 21st 2013, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

lol no it was described to me as Germans & Turbans..they used to do the reversing etc next to the Mack truck dealership.
mmm
Old Dec 22nd 2013, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

mmm
I went in Gardewin once to see about a job,money etc just a chat and ,they wanted me to take the job but I didnt want to drive all night and deliver in the AM
Old Dec 22nd 2013, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

that must have been on the van side ,from what ive heard from friends that work there ..things have not been the same since they bought the company in north bay..less.paid waiting time,and more hanging about..: jimmy
Old Dec 23rd 2013, 4:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

that must have been on the van side ,from what ive heard from friends that work there ..things have not been the same since they bought the company in north bay..less.paid waiting time,and more hanging about..: jimmy
I did the night trunking in Scotland for 6 months it was the only work I could get,the dregs ,it was the van side just didnt fancy it.
Old Jan 12th 2014, 10:05 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leeps
Hi i am a Bus Driver in the uk.I do not have a hgv licence but will be looking to go on a course in Canada.I would consider going to Nova Scotia but i can go anywhere to take my course.
Once i pass how easy would it be to find work as i would be a new driver ?
but i have been a Bus driver for 5 years.
If anyone knows anywhere and how much i would be looking to pay ?.Thank You.
I have no problem with a visa as i have pr
But you don't have PR any longer unless you have lived in Canada for 2 years out of the 5 since you landed - you said you had to land by September 2010; you would have needed to move to Canada by September 2013, at the very latest, in order to retain PR status but it would appear from your posts that you are still in the UK.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...00&postcount=1
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...49&postcount=1
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...55&postcount=6