HGV Driving in Canada

Old Aug 28th 2007, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

markraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant future
Default HGV Driving in Canada

im 32 and have a wife and 3 kids.
thinking about going to Canada driving, coz im sick of this country. Traffic, taxes, crime, unemployed getting everything. this country is going down the drain.

Anyway ive been a class 1 driver for 10 years now, and just want to know about it and tips of you guys. Wages, Hours of Work, Housing, Cost of living, lifestyle, crime rates etc.

ive been thinking about it for long time, but i think im scared of doing it coz it a big thing.

Thanks for any advice

Last edited by markraynes; Aug 28th 2007 at 5:18 pm.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 5:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HGV Driving in Canada

Don't be scared,but thorough in your research. Read all the threads here,search all the given websites (WIKI),this will take hours and hours. Then make a desision on what you want to do with your life.
Good luck Gremmie
Old Aug 30th 2007, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by markraynes
im 32 and have a wife and 3 kids.
thinking about going to Canada driving, coz im sick of this country. Traffic, taxes, crime, unemployed getting everything. this country is going down the drain.

Anyway ive been a class 1 driver for 10 years now, and just want to know about it and tips of you guys. Wages, Hours of Work, Housing, Cost of living, lifestyle, crime rates etc.

ive been thinking about it for long time, but i think im scared of doing it coz it a big thing.

Thanks for any advice
Hi Mark

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the reasearch on Canada.

Please keep an open mind when you are reading the threads on here as there is alot of negitive reading, but on the other hand there is alot of useful info. Do you have any ideas on which part of Canada you would like to move too? There are many different trucking frims in Canada and some are good and some are not so good.

If there is anything you need or any questions that you may have, please feel free to contact me and I will be happy to help. My family and I are moving to Prince Edward Island next Feb, we also went on a research trip and Interviews in May.

Karla x x x
Old Aug 30th 2007, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

markraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by karla03
Hi Mark

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the reasearch on Canada.

Please keep an open mind when you are reading the threads on here as there is alot of negitive reading, but on the other hand there is alot of useful info. Do you have any ideas on which part of Canada you would like to move too? There are many different trucking frims in Canada and some are good and some are not so good.

If there is anything you need or any questions that you may have, please feel free to contact me and I will be happy to help. My family and I are moving to Prince Edward Island next Feb, we also went on a research trip and Interviews in May.

Karla x x x
hi. can u send me message at [email protected] and we can discuss

thanks
Old Aug 30th 2007, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by markraynes
hi. can u send me message at [email protected] and we can discuss

thanks
It would be easier if you PM me This way I could answer any questions you have.

Karla x x x x
Old Aug 30th 2007, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

It would be easier if you PM me This way I could answer any questions you have.

Karla x x x x

it wont let me. it saying i can only have 2 new threads
Old Aug 30th 2007, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

You now have 3 post's,the Pm should now work. So Pm to ya hearts content. Or better still, posts on the threads,this way you reach a broader spektrum of people,and views
Old Aug 30th 2007, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well said Gremmie
Old Aug 30th 2007, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well said Gremmie
Did i get karma for that Loafy would have given it to me
Old Jun 29th 2008, 5:28 pm
CSC
Just Joined

CSC is on a distinguished road

Hi my name is Sandy

I am after some help, i'am looking for information on what tests and how long it takes to convert my LGV licence to the relevant one in Canada.

I have held my licence for 10 years but have been out of the game for 4 so i am interested if anyone could give me a steer in the right direction.

Thanks to any one that can help
Old Jun 29th 2008, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by CSC
Hi my name is Sandy

I am after some help, i'am looking for information on what tests and how long it takes to convert my LGV licence to the relevant one in Canada.

I have held my licence for 10 years but have been out of the game for 4 so i am interested if anyone could give me a steer in the right direction.

Thanks to any one that can help
Most of the info u want is here on various threads,,,so grab a beer,,put ya feet up and start reading..or look at the sticky on the main page,,that has tonnes of info and help..
The test vary from province to province...so the more info u can give us the more we can help.
Give us more details,then we can help better OK