Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Hauling jobs in the Alberta area

Hauling jobs in the Alberta area

Old May 30th 2012, 5:04 am
Just Joined

Sam hill is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Hauling jobs in the Alberta area

Hey all

Can anyone help me I've a visa plan sorted out on what way I'm gunna go but does anyone know any companies in the Alberta province (preferably near Calgary or medicine hat) that are hiring uk based drivers or any websites that would help im going to go with the work permit option but you need to have an offer of employment to apply that way I have a resume drawn up and ready to start sending out many thanks in advance
Old May 30th 2012, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice
Default Re: Hauling jobs in the Alberta area

Could try these www.westcanbulktransport.com
Old May 30th 2012, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Bison /Kindersly /H&R /First Continental all hire UK drivers in the Calgary area as well as Westcan .

If you are thinking of PNP/PR you must have the equivalent to a High School Diploma or you will have to study for, and sit, the GED Exam , this only applies in Alberta though .
Old May 30th 2012, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

Chicken lights and chrome is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by kb33
Bison /Kindersly /H&R /First Continental all hire UK drivers in the Calgary area as well as Westcan .

If you are thinking of PNP/PR you must have the equivalent to a High School Diploma or you will have to study for, and sit, the GED Exam , this only applies in Alberta though .
Did you have to sit that exam KB?
Old May 31st 2012, 1:31 am
Just Joined

What is a high school diploma equivalent to in the uk I finished high school with 8 gcse's and went on to do higher training and nvq's in the army
Old May 31st 2012, 1:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Chicken lights and chrome
Did you have to sit that exam KB?
Nope , it came into effect last year and they do seem pretty adamant about it .

Seems crazy as most Canadian truckers don't have the same qailifications .
Old May 31st 2012, 1:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sam hill
What is a high school diploma equivalent to in the uk I finished high school with 8 gcse's and went on to do higher training and nvq's in the army
You should be OK then as long as you have the certificates .
Old May 31st 2012, 3:20 am
Just Joined

That's good I have all my certificates I'm pretty much set to go all I need is a job offer let the hunt begin :-)
Old May 31st 2012, 4:10 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam hill
That's good I have all my certificates I'm pretty much set to go all I need is a job offer let the hunt begin :-)
Job offer, and LMO - don't forget that bit!

Good luck.