Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Has anyone been granted an LMO this year

Has anyone been granted an LMO this year

Old Mar 3rd 2009, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

scooby109 will become famous soon enoughscooby109 will become famous soon enough
Default Has anyone been granted an LMO this year

Hi Guys

Yep I am still here in blighty.

As the title says, has anyone any knowledge of any individual actually being granted an LMO this year.

I am waiting on 2. Both companies cannot get updates from service Canada.

Scooby
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Has anyone been granted an LMO this year

Originally Posted by scooby109
Hi Guys

Yep I am still here in blighty.

As the title says, has anyone any knowledge of any individual actually being granted an LMO this year.

I am waiting on 2. Both companies cannot get updates from service Canada.

Scooby
See below from a company I enqured to dated Feb 09 poss not the norm but who the hell knows in this current climate....

Good morning David,

At present with the economy we are facing in Canada, the Canadian government is reluctant to issue a Labour Market Opinion (LMO) for an individual that are outside of Canada for the position of long-haul truck driver. We as a company are entertaining some additions to our driving force but a being asked by Service Canada to take unemployed or underemployed qualified Canadians first, qualified Permanent Residents second and thirdly those qualified foreign workers in Canada on a work permit that find themselves unemployed at this time
As we move towards May I may have a better idea of our needs and likelihood that a LMO might be granted, please stay in touch, Thank you.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

farjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond repute

Crikey, that's a tad bit worrying!!
Old Mar 4th 2009, 6:38 am
Sunny Alberta!

Geordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to all

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
See below from a company I enqured to dated Feb 09 poss not the norm but who the hell knows in this current climate....

Good morning David,

At present with the economy we are facing in Canada, the Canadian government is reluctant to issue a Labour Market Opinion (LMO) for an individual that are outside of Canada for the position of long-haul truck driver. We as a company are entertaining some additions to our driving force but a being asked by Service Canada to take unemployed or underemployed qualified Canadians first, qualified Permanent Residents second and thirdly those qualified foreign workers in Canada on a work permit that find themselves unemployed at this time
As we move towards May I may have a better idea of our needs and likelihood that a LMO might be granted, please stay in touch, Thank you.
...well Davie...I suppose that answers my question on recession then, good luck tho I hope you hear something soon
Old Mar 4th 2009, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Geordielass
...well Davie...I suppose that answers my question on recession then, good luck tho I hope you hear something soon
This may not reflect the industry as a whole but Ihave been in touch with a few companies country wide to get a "Feel" of what the situation is.

None have been in a position to offer me a job as an immigrant.

However if you look at some of the bigger better known companies on here they still seem to be recruiting....but they can't confirm you'll have a job by the time you arrive in Canada which is worrying once your on your way all packed.

Uncertain times are ahed I think and it has caused us to start looking into the bigger picture as to what our next step is and where we go from here...

DONT put all your eggs in one basket is all I can say you need to have some back up plan's 's's's's's's

Old Mar 4th 2009, 10:26 am
Sunny Alberta!

Geordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to all

This may not reflect the industry as a whole but Ihave been in touch with a few companies country wide to get a "Feel" of what the situation is.

None have been in a position to offer me a job as an immigrant.

However if you look at some of the bigger better known companies on here they still seem to be recruiting....but they can't confirm you'll have a job by the time you arrive in Canada which is worrying once your on your way all packed.

Uncertain times are ahed I think and it has caused us to start looking into the bigger picture as to what our next step is and where we go from here...

DONT put all your eggs in one basket is all I can say you need to have some back up plan's 's's's's's's

Hi Davie

OH is a fuel tanker driver and up to now have only concentrated on one company in one area, Calgary, maybe we should find out more info for other areas. He has never done long haul work and doesnt intend to but I dont know whether this is a help or a hindrance, he wants to stay with fuel. I was really looking forward to Clagary tho as ive heard quite a lot of nice things about it. Where were you thinking of going in Canada? Are you in the army or something?

Last edited by Geordielass; Mar 4th 2009 at 10:48 am.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

westewoo is an unknown quantity at this point

i got a lmo in febuary, yanke applied for it on the 23rd and it was emailed to me on the 26th of feb
not bad eh. 3 days for an lmo.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 11:02 am
Sunny Alberta!

Originally Posted by westewoo
i got a lmo in febuary, yanke applied for it on the 23rd and it was emailed to me on the 26th of feb
not bad eh. 3 days for an lmo.
WOW!!! thats quick, where are you headed and is it long haul?

Congrats by the way!
Old Mar 4th 2009, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

WOW!!! thats quick, where are you headed and is it long haul?

Congrats by the way!
If youre looking at moving permanently, its gona have to be long haul geordielass.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 12:37 pm
Sunny Alberta!

Originally Posted by CurtNIR
If youre looking at moving permanently, its gona have to be long haul geordielass.
well ive been speaking with kb33 and ho got PR doing this and he reckons so have others, you dont need to do long haul
Old Mar 4th 2009, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Where were you thinking of going in Canada?
PEI

However anywhere where work can be found.

Failing that...

Other jobs applied for are in Iraq, Afghan, Angola, Libya, Dubai.

I.E. Anywhere but the UK

Are you in the army or something?
Only for 23 years....
Old Mar 4th 2009, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by CurtNIR
Mostly...but not all the time & I'm sure Geordielass is aware of that route...
Old Mar 4th 2009, 12:44 pm
Sunny Alberta!

[QUOTE=DAVIE_MAC;7344584]PEI

Failing that...

I.E. Anywhere but the UK

OMG!!!! Iraq & Afghan, I take it you are in the forces then? Nobody in their right mind would choose those places.......I dont think so
Old Mar 4th 2009, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

[quote=Geordielass;7344595]
PEI

Failing that...

I.E. Anywhere but the UK

OMG!!!! Iraq & Afghan, I take it you are in the forces then? Nobody in their right mind would choose those places.......I dont think so
Wages make up for it & if it can be done for 12 - 18 months until the slump subsides then it would be worth it.

Dubai sounds nice however it's only a base and the job would be running fuel convoys in from Pakistan to Afghan....now thats dodgey....

Anyway off to a wedding speak soon
Old Mar 4th 2009, 12:48 pm
Sunny Alberta!

Davie, where are you at the moment then, are those big things on you sig what you drive, tanks etc?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.