Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Has anyone been granted an LMO this year

Has anyone been granted an LMO this year

Old Mar 4th 2009, 12:51 pm
Sunny Alberta!

Geordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to all
Default Re: Has anyone been granted an LMO this year

[QUOTE=DAVIE_MAC;7344605]
Originally Posted by Geordielass

Wages make up for it & if it can be done for 12 - 18 months until the slump subsides then it would be worth it.

Dubai sounds nice however it's only a base and the job would be running fuel convoys in from Pakistan to Afghan....now thats dodgey....

Anyway off to a wedding speak soon
OOOHHHHH SHIT!!!! that is dodgy
Old Mar 4th 2009, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
Mostly...but not all the time & I'm sure Geordielass is aware of that route...

name 1 carrier, apart from hoffmans, who have a proven record of getting lmo's for short haul.
lol - if that were the case dont you think everyone would be driving short haul!?
Old Mar 4th 2009, 1:02 pm
Sunny Alberta!

Geordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to all

Originally Posted by CurtNIR
name 1 carrier, apart from hoffmans, who have a proven record of getting lmo's for short haul.
lol - if that were the case dont you think everyone would be driving short haul!?
Westcan
Old Mar 4th 2009, 1:28 pm
Just counting the days...

marcustandy has a spectacular aura aboutmarcustandy has a spectacular aura aboutmarcustandy has a spectacular aura about

Westcan
As true as it may be, shouting it from the rooftops doesn't help those who might be already in the process of applying or even thinking of applying.

Tip for the top! Don't ever, ever play Poker as I'm sure as soon as you get a good hand you'll just want to tell as many people as possible via the internet!!

Way to go.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 1:30 pm
Just counting the days...

marcustandy has a spectacular aura aboutmarcustandy has a spectacular aura aboutmarcustandy has a spectacular aura about

BTW, coincidence it might be, but 'said company' have removed the Immigrant Recruitment info from their website.

Maybe they've got more than enough applicants now it has been plastered over the web.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 1:32 pm
Sunny Alberta!

Originally Posted by marcustandy
As true as it may be, shouting it from the rooftops doesn't help those who might be already in the process of applying or even thinking of applying.

Tip for the top! Don't ever, ever play Poker as I'm sure as soon as you get a good hand you'll just want to tell as many people as possible via the internet!!

Way to go.
what do you mean......we havent secured a job, we are init the same as everyone else. I am merely saying, well repeating whats already been said on here that you dont have to do long haul and I know people getting PR with Westcan.....big deal!!
Old Mar 4th 2009, 1:33 pm
Sunny Alberta!

Originally Posted by marcustandy
BTW, coincidence it might be, but 'said company' have removed the Immigrant Recruitment info from their website.

Maybe they've got more than enough applicants now it has been plastered over the web.

yeahh!!! I beleive about ?? drivers waiting to go over, but thats nothing to do with what ive posted

Last edited by Geordielass; Mar 4th 2009 at 1:37 pm.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

For short haul !?

It's still classed as 'long haul' with said company. You wont be eligible for Pr with a short haul job. Thats what I mean...

How many nights away, 3 or 5 if I remember? Because you wont get to far in 1 for it to be classed as long haul...
Old Mar 4th 2009, 4:02 pm
Sunny Alberta!

For short haul !?

It's still classed as 'long haul' with said company. You wont be eligible for Pr with a short haul job. Thats what I mean...

How many nights away, 3 or 5 if I remember? Because you wont get to far in 1 for it to be classed as long haul...
look at the old threads...the answers there!
Old Mar 4th 2009, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

look at the old threads...the answers there!
Nah thats ok, Ive no interest in Westcan. Im just stating a fact.

Thanks for the help...
Old Mar 4th 2009, 5:03 pm
Sunny Alberta!

Nah thats ok, Ive no interest in Westcan. Im just stating a fact.

Thanks for the help...
marcustandy will be pleased....thats one less!!
Old Mar 4th 2009, 6:28 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Whats with all the bitching? There are no secret jobs, they are all up for grabs by whoever comes across them and applies.
Everyone knows about Hoffmans, H&R, Westcan etc and anyone can apply. If you come across a smaller company that is hiring, well done but i bet a lot more have as well..........
Old Mar 4th 2009, 6:42 pm
Sunny Alberta!

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
Whats with all the bitching? There are no secret jobs, they are all up for grabs by whoever comes across them and applies.
Everyone knows about Hoffmans, H&R, Westcan etc and anyone can apply. If you come across a smaller company that is hiring, well done but i bet a lot more have as well..........
like I said all this info has been mentioned before...I cant understand all the agro its caused. I know that Westcan have been inundated with applications and this was before I mentioned them today
Old Mar 4th 2009, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

scooby109 will become famous soon enoughscooby109 will become famous soon enough

like I said all this info has been mentioned before...I cant understand all the agro its caused. I know that Westcan have been inundated with applications and this was before I mentioned them today
The jobs are there, it may take a bit more looking but there are there.

It maybe a simple matter that some companies are getting LMO's in a certain province quicker than others, Ie Yanke is is SAS most of the other companies mentioned here all Alberta.

Patience is a virtue but silence is annoying......
Old Mar 4th 2009, 11:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

I have mentioned before about the current climate in the employment market in Canada. It seems to me that it was inevitable that if the USA is feeling it and it has a world knock on effect then the country nearest will have a similar effect. It is on the news everyday about the US car industry etc suffering and that is clearly going to have an effect on Canadian industry as well. I am taking the same line as Davie Mac!
You need to look at this from all angles and make sure your egg has a few wee eggs just incase it goes Pete Tong!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.