H & R Transport

Old Aug 5th 2007, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future
Default Re: Fast food

Originally Posted by Lyndon001
Cooking chicken When I found this recipe, I thought it was perfect for people, like me, who just aren't sure how to tell when poultry is thoroughly cooked, but still moist.

BAKED STUFFED CHICKEN

6-7 lb. chicken
1 cup melted butter
1 cup stuffing (Pepperidge Farm is good.)
1 cup uncooked popcorn (ORVILLE REDENBACHERS LOW FAT)
Salt/pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush chicken liberally with melted butter, salt, and pepper.

Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn.

Place in baking pan with the neck end toward the back of the oven.

Listen for the popping sounds. When the chicken's Ass blows the oven door open and the chicken flies across the room, it's done.

And, you thought I couldn't cook

Would you like my baked bean recipe?

OH MY GOD.. i think maybe you over did it with the stuffing their. I myself like to rub oil all over the body and then add some chinese five spice to just spice things up a little. The aroma that meets your senses when you open the bird up on the table is something near to heaven. MMMM.

LOAFY...
Old Aug 5th 2007, 3:29 pm
Banned

Lyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by loafy
OH MY GOD.. i think maybe you over did it with the stuffing their. I myself like to rub oil all over the body and then add some chinese five spice to just spice things up a little. The aroma that meets your senses when you open the bird up on the table is something near to heaven. MMMM.

LOAFY...
Iain

Please tell me you are still talking about the chicken
Old Aug 5th 2007, 4:55 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loafy

LOAFY...
Saucy devil
Old Aug 5th 2007, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future
Default Re: H & R Transport

What you on about you two, dirty filthy minds lol

LOAFY...
Old Aug 8th 2007, 3:52 am
Banned

Lyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant future
Wink Just bought a car

Well how about this for a day !!!

02:00 phoned UK bank to wire money to Canadian account
07:00 went to work
09:30 came home from work
10:30 met realtor to officially take over the house
12:00 drove into Lethbridge to look at cars.
13:00 checked at bank to make sure money arrived safely
14:00 bought a car
15:00 insured car.
15:30 bought 12 month licence plate.
16:30 drove new car off car lot
17:00 picked up new TV cabinet.
19:00 took rental car back (5 days early)
19:30 got rid of most of moving in cardboard
19:45 went shopping
21:00 had supper
21:30 drunk beer

Try doing that in UK
Old Aug 8th 2007, 4:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Just bought a car

Try doing that in UK
Aha , now who is being silly eh, good day there then.

I take it everything is going smoothly and according to plan A, what plan B is i have no idea except drink beer if plan A goes t-ts up

All the best,
LOAFY...
Old Aug 8th 2007, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

citicat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the rough

Try doing that in UK
I notice you started on the beer at 21:30 but no end time like rest of the day??

what car did you end up buying,

mick
Old Aug 10th 2007, 3:25 am
Banned

Originally Posted by citicat
I notice you started on the beer at 21:30 but no end time like rest of the day??

what car did you end up buying,

mick
Hi mick

Focus Wagon SES, does the job and got all the toys on.

Hi Loafy

Right this plan thing.

Plan A Do what needs to be done
Plan B Drink beer

Method

Execute plan A, if plan A fails, go to plan B, after affects of plan B have worn off return to plan A

Repeat until plan A has been completed.

Return to plan B.
Attached Thumbnails H & R Transport-new-life-003.jpg   H & R Transport-new-life-005.jpg  
Old Aug 10th 2007, 3:38 am
Banned

Cool My training truck

Here are some pics of what i am training in
Attached Thumbnails H & R Transport-new-life-006.jpg   H & R Transport-new-life-012.jpg   H & R Transport-new-life-010.jpg  
Old Aug 10th 2007, 4:05 am
Banned

Thumbs up Taber Corn

My instructor mentioned something to me last week. Taber corn.

Taber is just to the East of Lethbridge (about 35 clicks) and apparently they grow the best sweet corn in the known universe.

My instructor (Hi Bruce) told me to go and buy some and try it as there are numerous street corner vendors around town.

Anyway, trust me i forgot

So last night i bought some and popped it into the fridge.

Now he tells me i should have eaten it the day i bought it, bl**dy heck i cant win.

Anyway i cooked some up tonight and the smell coming from the kitchen is fantastic.

More to follow....................

EDIT: Wow, that was fantastic, dipped in slightly salted butter, that was the best corn i have ever tasted and ive still got another 8 husks in the fridge.
Attached Thumbnails H & R Transport-new-life.jpg  

Last edited by Lyndon001; Aug 10th 2007 at 4:49 am.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi mick

Focus Wagon SES, does the job and got all the toys on.

Hi Loafy

Right this plan thing.

Plan A Do what needs to be done
Plan B Drink beer

Method

Execute plan A, if plan A fails, go to plan B, after affects of plan B have worn off return to plan A

Repeat until plan A has been completed.

Return to plan B.
Aah, well you being ex military and all would go back to plan A, me being an ex east european driver would stick to plan B until plan A was sorted and celebrate the fact by drinking more beer and sober up two days later and then find that plan A was dealt with by someone else so resorting back to plan B, its just never ending but all in all it's pretty much the same really.

Nice car there, should be good for all the shopping trips and Gizmo to jump in, by the way how is he, is he there yet ? cant remember when you said he was due to arrive, i know i will miss our two.

Read your blog up to date and have started one myself but nothing to look at yet, will let you know the name of it when i finally get it off the ground fully.

When is your test must be coming up soon.

How is it all going on the whole there, looks like you are doing well.

Have fun there and speak to you soon hopefully.

LOAFY...
Old Aug 10th 2007, 6:51 am
Banned

Hiya Iain

picking Giz up in the morning , cant wait, its 00:40 at the moment and the whiskey is all gone, that corn was out of this world you have to try it when you come over, calorie count was off the scale though with the butter. I got my test on tuesday but it feels as though its come round really quick.

Talking about Giz, we went to Petland, Pet-cetera and Canadian Superstore this afternoon and spent a bl**dy fortune on beds, food, chews, leads, extending leads and all the other crap a spoilt dog needs. Looking at my watch he should be on his way to Heathrow as we speak.

Anyway im off to bed now as i got a 2 and a half hour drive up to Calgary in about 8 hours.

By the way i think we did the right thing with the car, its economical ( 2 litre auto), its a top of the range with leather, air, cruise, heated seats and all that crap, and its usefull for moving stuff round, works for us anyway.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

CHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant future

Hiya Iain

picking Giz up in the morning , cant wait, its 00:40 at the moment and the whiskey is all gone, that corn was out of this world you have to try it when you come over, calorie count was off the scale though with the butter. I got my test on tuesday but it feels as though its come round really quick.

Talking about Giz, we went to Petland, Pet-cetera and Canadian Superstore this afternoon and spent a bl**dy fortune on beds, food, chews, leads, extending leads and all the other crap a spoilt dog needs. Looking at my watch he should be on his way to Heathrow as we speak.

Anyway im off to bed now as i got a 2 and a half hour drive up to Calgary in about 8 hours.

By the way i think we did the right thing with the car, its economical ( 2 litre auto), its a top of the range with leather, air, cruise, heated seats and all that crap, and its usefull for moving stuff round, works for us anyway.
Hi, are there many Diesel cars around? (have always had diesel's) and is there much price difference between Diesel and Gas at the pumps? and will a normal car be ok for the winter months? (or is a 4x4 needed)

p.s. your post's have been great reading! only found the site the other day but have found out so much information.

Last edited by CHRISRICHES; Aug 10th 2007 at 11:06 pm.
Old Aug 11th 2007, 3:47 am
Banned

Originally Posted by CHRISRICHES
Hi, are there many Diesel cars around? (have always had diesel's) and is there much price difference between Diesel and Gas at the pumps? and will a normal car be ok for the winter months? (or is a 4x4 needed)

p.s. your post's have been great reading! only found the site the other day but have found out so much information.
Hi Chris

Glad you like the posts, not sure on the price of diesel but i will have a look tomorrow Gas is $1.08 at the Fas Gas down here in Raymond. Cars over here are mostly gas as are SUV's, i think the trucks (pickups) are practically all diesel. Incidently i filled up on the way back from calgary today and it was $0.99.

As for SUV vs CAR, i depends where you are, apparently down here in Lethbridge a car is fine, ive been told not to even bother with winter tyres (wheel see)

Going by what vehicles i have seen so far, most people round here have cars. A lot of people have trucks but i think thats a macho thing or for going playing in the mountains.

Hope that helps
Old Aug 11th 2007, 5:53 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taber Corn

My instructor mentioned something to me last week. Taber corn.

Taber is just to the East of Lethbridge (about 35 clicks) and apparently they grow the best sweet corn in the known universe.
Hey Lyndon

Didnt know that you were already here I know I am in thicko mood

Look out for the peaches and cream corn too - two diff colours of corn on one cob - that is by far the best

Gayx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.