H & R Transport

Old Aug 2nd 2007, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future
Default Re: Hang that darn dog

Originally Posted by Lyndon001 View Post
Hey Loafy, i saved a dogs life this afternoon, we were walking back from the licencing place and i saw a dog hanging by the neck out of a car window, the car was parked up by the way.

i got the dog back thru the window and calmed it down, this woman came over with some water, so i gave it a drink. i have no idea how long the dog had been there but it made me so angry, it ws another scortcher too today, i left a note on the drivers seat that said this:

hope it was sarcastic enough
Kewl well done mate, my wife would have waited and gave them what for as she works in a vets and like you we have dogs, some people just dont think do they, dont deserve to have them.
Here is a piccy of our two, mother and son by the way.
LOAFY...
Attached Thumbnails H & R Transport-picture-344.jpg  
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 8:00 am
Banned

Lyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by loafy View Post
Kewl well done mate, my wife would have waited and gave them what for as she works in a vets and like you we have dogs, some people just dont think do they, dont deserve to have them.
Here is a piccy of our two, mother and son by the way.
LOAFY...
wow cute as buttons, the locals will absolutely adore them, our neihbour came round today with her Heinz 57, unfortunately i had to wrestle her to the ground and stick my hand down her throat to recover the peice of the furniture i was trying to asemble. (thats the dog not the neihbour)

All good fun i spose

Iain have you seen the pics of Gizz on my blog??
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future

wow cute as buttons, the locals will absolutely adore them, our neihbour came round today with her Heinz 57, unfortunately i had to wrestle her to the ground and stick my hand down her throat to recover the peice of the furniture i was trying to asemble. (thats the dog not the neihbour)

All good fun i spose

Iain have you seen the pics of Gizz on my blog??
They might well be cute but the son is as mad as a hatter but oh so much fun to be around the pair of them, they are great dogs to be honest as i didnt want the two but glad i did. They are called Nonni and Boo, He gets called boo bear most of the time thou.
Yeah have seen Gizmo he is the same as my dads black labby, he is another dog that thinks he is human, he looks like a fun natured dog too. You get him back next week i think, bet you miss him already, its amazing to think that most of the time we take them for granted until you dot have them around and see how much they impact on our lives.
I think maybe you should change you name to dog rescuer or something along those lines, two rescues in as many days you will be the hero of the neighborhood soon when word gets round. Damn shame it wasnt the neighbor could have been a bit of carry on there eh, not sure the wife would have liked it thou lol.

LOAFY...
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 6:58 am
Banned

Lyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant future
Default 1st week training

Originally Posted by loafy View Post
They might well be cute but the son is as mad as a hatter but oh so much fun to be around the pair of them, they are great dogs to be honest as i didnt want the two but glad i did. They are called Nonni and Boo, He gets called boo bear most of the time thou.
Yeah have seen Gizmo he is the same as my dads black labby, he is another dog that thinks he is human, he looks like a fun natured dog too. You get him back next week i think, bet you miss him already, its amazing to think that most of the time we take them for granted until you dot have them around and see how much they impact on our lives.
I think maybe you should change you name to dog rescuer or something along those lines, two rescues in as many days you will be the hero of the neighborhood soon when word gets round. Damn shame it wasnt the neighbor could have been a bit of carry on there eh, not sure the wife would have liked it thou lol.

LOAFY...
Hi Iain
to be totally honest it was a vital piece of furniture

Well another day over and today we tackled the gears thing, oh what fun. Normally we ae doubled up for the training but i am on my own which is good coz i get to do all the grinding, sorry i mean driving. It was 32 degrees again today, a bit warm when you are climbing all over and under a truck. By the way these trucks over here drive completely different to the european ones, especially when it comes to turns.

It appears that we only train for 3 hours per day so plenty of time to settle in, tomorrows an alldayer though coz were doing the air brake endorsement.

Anyway time for bed said zebedee, i am absolutely knackered.
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: 1st week training

Hi Iain
to be totally honest it was a vital piece of furniture

Well another day over and today we tackled the gears thing, oh what fun. Normally we ae doubled up for the training but i am on my own which is good coz i get to do all the grinding, sorry i mean driving. It was 32 degrees again today, a bit warm when you are climbing all over and under a truck. By the way these trucks over here drive completely different to the european ones, especially when it comes to turns.

It appears that we only train for 3 hours per day so plenty of time to settle in, tomorrows an alldayer though coz were doing the air brake endorsement.

Anyway time for bed said zebedee, i am absolutely knackered.
Hi lyndon ,
Ah all good fun then, maybe they should call you DJ Crunchy, then again i am one to talk, only driven two trucks with crash boxes, an Iveco turbo star with a 13 speed Fuller and an old ERF, got the hang of it in the end and the ERF was great once you got used to it, nothing could touch you on the hills it would just pull if you got the gears right.
Sounds like great weather your having there, it has been nice for the last four days here in Cardiff and only rained Thursday morning when i came home from work other than that quite hot.
Good luck tomorrow (or today) i get lost on nights as to which day im on sometimes, with the air brake test thou im sure you will be fine.
LOAFY...
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future
Default Re: H & R Transport

The "doomsayer" is back!!!!
Have a little read of the following from a H+R driver who's been there since Jan 07:

now then chaps,
just a few points to clear up.
i am on the top money here.i have only driven new trucks here,i get on great with my dispatcher.
i have been driving artics all over europe for many years.
the $830.00 average (not 415.00 quid i might add)started the 1st of jan 2007 at 0100 hrs from idaho falls,that shift was about 900 miles in 1 shift,they had no one else to repower the load so what could i do have a full load of lettuce go bad on me,but i am ok with that,no extra pay just the miles.

i have worked every bank holiday,had about 2 saturdays back at base,most of the time i work till i reach 70 hours reset then go again,i have reset all over the us and canada.

i have nothing else to do but work,i am single,no debts,no bills,rent,mortgage,

now i am seeing new men comming from the uk,they are taking out big mortgages,loans on cars,some are paying cash for things,then they see what they are earning,they are not too sure about the future,i ws speaking with one dutchman this earlier this year he was nearly intears worrying about how to feed his family.

i have this year spoken to 3 englishmen that have now gone back to the uk they all said its not worth it,work 12/14 days come home only enough time to reset then go again,not enough money to have a life at home.

now a little question,
why do the government of canada keep sending me cheques of around $60.00

the document with the cheque states.
THE GST/HST CREDIT
the GST/HST credit is a tax-free quarterly payment that helps individuals and families with low and modest incomes offset all or part of the GST or HST that they pay.

hold on here i am a PROFESIONAL driver on bloody tax credits,its the low and modest incomes that gets me.

now i am sorry,but i can not just sit back and let people think that canada is the land of milk and honey,i dont suppose people think it is,but there seems to be dream that will be here,and it is not a dreamland,far from it.

OK this guy is SINGLE no mortgage no rent etc etc yet he states he is working virtually 24/7 to make any money and basically never getting "home"!!!!
At the end of the day guy's working "long haul" anywhere in N.America not just Canada you are really only an agency driver,if you tip in California and there is no return load you will sit for 23.5 hours UNPAID and then if there's still no load you turn it into a 36 hour reset for NO PAY!!!!!!
When you come home from being OTR for 14 days straight for your 2/3 days off,if the company does not have an outgoing load for you after your time off that means sit at home and wait with NO PAY until they come up with a load leaving at mid-night on the 4/5 day just as your heading off to bed!!!!!!

Last edited by Big Truck; Aug 3rd 2007 at 8:17 am.
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

citicat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Big Truck View Post
Have a little read of the following from a H+R driver who's been there since Jan 07:

now then chaps,
just a few points to clear up.
i am on the top money here.i have only driven new trucks here,i get on great with my dispatcher.
i have been driving artics all over europe for many years.
the $830.00 average (not 415.00 quid i might add)started the 1st of jan 2007 at 0100 hrs from idaho falls,that shift was about 900 miles in 1 shift,they had no one else to repower the load so what could i do have a full load of lettuce go bad on me,but i am ok with that,no extra pay just the miles.

i have worked every bank holiday,had about 2 saturdays back at base,most of the time i work till i reach 70 hours reset then go again,i have reset all over the us and canada.

i have nothing else to do but work,i am single,no debts,no bills,rent,mortgage,

now i am seeing new men comming from the uk,they are taking out big mortgages,loans on cars,some are paying cash for things,then they see what they are earning,they are not too sure about the future,i ws speaking with one dutchman this earlier this year he was nearly intears worrying about how to feed his family.

i have this year spoken to 3 englishmen that have now gone back to the uk they all said its not worth it,work 12/14 days come home only enough time to reset then go again,not enough money to have a life at home.

now a little question,
why do the government of canada keep sending me cheques of around $60.00

the document with the cheque states.
THE GST/HST CREDIT
the GST/HST credit is a tax-free quarterly payment that helps individuals and families with low and modest incomes offset all or part of the GST or HST that they pay.

hold on here i am a PROFESIONAL driver on bloody tax credits,its the low and modest incomes that gets me.

now i am sorry,but i can not just sit back and let people think that canada is the land of milk and honey,i dont suppose people think it is,but there seems to be dream that will be here,and it is not a dreamland,far from it.

OK this guy is SINGLE no mortgage no rent etc etc yet he states he is working virtually 24/7 to make any money and basically never getting "home"!!!!
At the end of the day guy's working "long haul" anywhere in N.America not just Canada you are really only an agency driver,if you tip in California and there is no return load you will sit for 23.5 hours UNPAID and then if there's still no load you turn it into a 36 hour reset for NO PAY!!!!!!
When you come home from being OTR for 14 days straight for your 2/3 days off,if the company does not have an outgoing load for you after your time off that means sit at home and wait with NO PAY until they come up with a load leaving at mid-night on the 4/5 day just as your heading off to bed!!!!!!

Blimey that sounds bad poor fellas they best get back over to the uk quickly for the good pay, but i wonder if they are misery arses that complain all the time???

I do have a m8 that left H&R after 16 months when his full residency came back, He says its not the best company about but as he says "YOU ARE USING THEM AND THEY ARE USING YOU" If they was that good would they be employing out side of canada, NO THEY WOULDNT, And now he is earning hourly pay $21.00 home each night doing mc donalds multi drop,

We all realise long hours s"ite pay but its a means to an end, In this life there seems to be so many moaners about, Its just part of there makeup to complain all the time,

When i was transport supervisor we had more complainers then happy chappies i felt more like a agony aunt, So would i give the best runs and routes to the moaners "no i wouldnt" i would give em rubbish because all they do is complain all the time anyway, Then hopefully they will leave,???

Life is what you make it money isnt everything "well it nearly is" lol

Sorry if this sounds harsh but its real life,,,,,,,

mick
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Just worked out the wage going from the H&R website and averaging 12500 miles a month plus $60 a week for loading /meat inspection etc, And it works out at about $810 a week (tax at 35%) So no grounds for complaining really.
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 11:35 pm
Banned

Talking Why on earth would anyone move to canada

[quote=Big Truck;5141941]The "doomsayer" is back!!!!
Have a little read of the following from a H+R driver who's been there since Jan 07:quote]

Hi all

Just want to add a few things that Big truck left out.

There are mosquitos over here
You cant vote
Gas is over $ per litre
Everyone has funny accents
Marmite is difficult to get
Kellogs is expensive
They cant spell tyre, litre, centimetre.
They drive on the wrong side of the road.
You cant get cadburys double deckers
Its too hot
Its too cold
Everything is a long way away
Theres no BBC Radio 2
Baked Beans taste funny
Everybody is on crap pay
You have to repass your licence
Chicken and mushroom pies dont exist
Cars have funny names

please note this list is not exhaustive, please note, use extreem caution if you are considering moving to this country.

God bless Great Britain and all who sail in her.

Oh by the way Iain, just passed the airbrake thing, all day in a hot classroom followed by a tick test, i got 22 out of 25. Anyhoo, must dash, got to pur-chase one of them there cars with funny names.

Have a great weekend eh

Lyndon
Old Aug 4th 2007, 5:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Why on earth would anyone move to canada

[QUOTE=Lyndon001;5145962]
Originally Posted by Big Truck View Post
Have a little read of the following from a H+R driver who's been there since Jan 07:quote]

Hi all

Just want to add a few things that Big truck left out.

There are mosquitos over here
You cant vote
Gas is over $ per litre
Everyone has funny accents
Marmite is difficult to get
Kellogs is expensive
They cant spell tyre, litre, centimetre.
They drive on the wrong side of the road.
You cant get cadburys double deckers
Its too hot
Its too cold
Everything is a long way away
Theres no BBC Radio 2
Baked Beans taste funny
Everybody is on crap pay
You have to repass your licence
Chicken and mushroom pies dont exist
Cars have funny names

please note this list is not exhaustive, please note, use extreem caution if you are considering moving to this country.

God bless Great Britain and all who sail in her.

Oh by the way Iain, just passed the airbrake thing, all day in a hot classroom followed by a tick test, i got 22 out of 25. Anyhoo, must dash, got to pur-chase one of them there cars with funny names.

Have a great weekend eh

Lyndon
Wow all that to look forward to, you really are making this sound soooo good.
Cold i love, hot is ok, mosquitos taste just like marmite i guess nasty stuff, vote aargh no, they all speak with accents in wales so no prob thier, damn have to change which side of the bed i sleep on should get used to driving there then, NO radio 2 what the hell no Sally traffic, i love crap pay, be just like salvesens , the further away the better no one can here the kids screaming, who ate all the pies then ?, i have a Freelander makes me laugh so it must be one of them funny ones.

Nice one Lyndon, but what happened to the other three where did they go, lol
Yeah you have a good well deserved break with the family and say hello to them all for us.
By the way great plan put everyone off and then their will be more work for us so no waiting for loads perfect love it.

TTFN speak to ya later,
LOAFY
Old Aug 4th 2007, 7:46 am
Just Joined

september is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lyndon,

Can you put you're bloog address on here for me please,moved computers and seem to have lost it,would rather send you pm.
Old Aug 4th 2007, 8:09 am
Just Joined

marg-den is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Loafy, i saved a dogs life this afternoon, we were walking back from the licencing place and i saw a dog hanging by the neck out of a car window, the car was parked up by the way.

i got the dog back thru the window and calmed it down, this woman came over with some water, so i gave it a drink. i have no idea how long the dog had been there but it made me so angry, it ws another scortcher too today, i left a note on the drivers seat that said this:

hope it was sarcastic enough
hello all not had chance to get back on hear to ask more questions i will be on later when i get home from hear hospital bed been in since thursday night dislocated my finger diving for ball and had to have an operation friday morning well i will type back when home as it is quicker and the key board is better ok c u all soon
Old Aug 4th 2007, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by september View Post
Hi Lyndon,

Can you put you're bloog address on here for me please,moved computers and seem to have lost it,would rather send you pm.
Hi there,
His blog spot is under his sign off name just click the link and it will take you there.
LOAFY...
Old Aug 5th 2007, 4:59 am
Banned

Default One more reason not to go to Canada

This morning i woke up with a stinking headache, a tongue like a bit of old carpet and i felt sick and dehydrated.

Was it a mosquito related infection ----- No
Did a Big ole grizzly bear smack me over the head and crap in my gob --- No (but it did feel like it)
Was it food poison thru eating poutin and Canadian bacon ----- No
Was it the Molson beer and Canadian whiskey ------------------------ 'fraid so

NOTE TO SELF---dont drink too much when its too hot, it makes you poorly.
Old Aug 5th 2007, 5:08 am
Banned

Default Fast food

Cooking chicken When I found this recipe, I thought it was perfect for people, like me, who just aren't sure how to tell when poultry is thoroughly cooked, but still moist.

BAKED STUFFED CHICKEN

6-7 lb. chicken
1 cup melted butter
1 cup stuffing (Pepperidge Farm is good.)
1 cup uncooked popcorn (ORVILLE REDENBACHERS LOW FAT)
Salt/pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush chicken liberally with melted butter, salt, and pepper.

Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn.

Place in baking pan with the neck end toward the back of the oven.

Listen for the popping sounds. When the chicken's Ass blows the oven door open and the chicken flies across the room, it's done.

And, you thought I couldn't cook

Would you like my baked bean recipe?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.